main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Organization of the Clone Commandos

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    *Not sure if this is the correct place*
    I recently rewatched the Bad Batch arc and I though about something that seemed like a throwaway line, when Rex asks who they report to Hunter doesn't have a definite answer. Could this be due to their extremely independent nature or the structure of the Clone Commandos? Units like Delta Squad and Gregor's Foxtrot Group seemed to be attached to either the 212th with Cody and Obi-Wan or the 91st with Ponds/Neyo and Mace Windu. (Also when was the "I have 5 special commando units" Commander from Attack Of The Clones identified Ponds?) So where would Clone Force 99 and other Clone Commandos fall under in the chain of command? I can't imagine that the growing none Clone military officers like Tarkin would agree with having a highly deadly groups of commandos roaming around with no defined unit.

2. CheckSix

CheckSix Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    I kind of got the impression that that phrase was all a part of the "the good, the bad, and the ugly" theme of these tough dudes unaccountable to anyone unless they respect them. Clearly, they follow Cody's command and General Skywalker even though not under their commands. I don't think SWTCW has ever been particularly married to any military structure regarding ranks, echelons, or chain of command. Makes for an interesting storyline. That whole arc needs to be fully animated -- so incredibly awesome! Pipe dream, but I never give up hope.

3. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I know how you feel about it being animated, it's definitely one of my favorites. Also that's why I originally though of the quote as a throwaway line, a little reference, nothing more. Having them be under Commander Cody's operational command seems to make sense, all of the Commandos we've seen have been reporting to a leader of the 91st or 212th. Gregor's unit was attached to the 212th and Delta Squad was reporting to Obi-Wan. I assume the Bad Batch would be the same. One thing I've noticed that's sorta funny, all the ARC Troopers seem to be from the 501st (excluding Rancor Battalion, which seems to be its own unit) and all of the Clone Commandos seem to be apart of the 212th. Kinda sad Waxer and Boil didn't become ARC Troopers, they rescued Obi-Wan from a downed gunship that was over a mile away from the main force. If that doesn't scream ARC I don't know what does lol

X-File likes this.
  4. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Nobody cared about the Bad Batch's command structure when they were writing it up because the whole idea was just a dumb Star Wars mashup of Avengers-meets-Expendables, the logistics of it all be damned. Who commands them? Who cares? Why do these Jango clones randomly have superpowers instead of making them Republic mercs or something else that actually makes sense? Who cares? Why are half of them white guys? Who cares?

TCW was never great at military stuff in general, but you can just tell nobody gave a **** about anything for the Bad Batch.

5. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    You didn't like the Bad Batch? They seemed to follow the idea of the Null ARCs, and genetic augmentation makes sense. If the Kaminoans can change simple things like obedience than why wouldn't they enhance strength or reaction times?

CheckSix likes this.
  6. CheckSix

Dec 15, 2015
    I'm glad you're not holding back. I love the whole Echo/Bad Batch arc. I suppose I view SW as entertainment, so I can't get too worked up over holes in the plot, and we've already acknowledged that military knowledge is not SW strong point (although they do have a lot of the lingo down pat). I'm just happy to see my favorite characters back in story reel action. I have no idea what the "white guys" comment is about.

Canyon D likes this.
  7. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    This! This sooooo much. I love those two. They should have become ARC Troopers.....
    For all we know though, maybe Boil did......

ARC_RC-7567 and CheckSix like this.
  8. CheckSix

Dec 15, 2015
    Agreed. It would have been nice to see more of Waxer and Boil. Although Waxer's death was bad enough.

ARC_RC-7567 and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  9. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Boil as an ARC Trooper would look cool. I'm wondering if them not becoming ARCs could have an in universe explanation. I'm gonna assume my ARCs being 501st/Rancor Battalion theory as headcanon.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So we can assume that the Commandos were trained by mandalorians like they were in the old Canon.

11. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Yup. It could explain the Shreik Hawk symbol on Greogr's armor. The legends continuity also had Mandalorian names for Captain Jag and Commander Oddball, so that could've been a reference. The name Cuy'val Dar isn't canon but the concept is. Hell yeah. Also it seems like Fenn Rau served in the capacity that Kal Skirata did, a mercenary.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats why I want to see his reaction to Rex.

Was he one of the **** mandalorains who treated clones like trash or was he more a kal type?

13. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I want to really hope he was a Kal type. He seems like he would be considering what he does in the Kanan comic, he doesn't sound like a douche when he's saving Kanan and his friends on Mygeeto. Also wouldn't it be awesome if it was Fenn that gave Rex his Jaig Eyes? I can dream :D