San Fran, CA Organization Proposal of the Club

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Harlock415, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Organization Proposal for the San Francisco Chapter of Fan Force

In order to create a more harmonious fan-based group that appreciates the work of George Lucas and the Star Wars Universe, the San Francisco Chapter of Fan Force needs direction in the form of administration and leadership. In other words, duties and roles for members should be decided. The group, at this moment, is relatively small and needs two things in the decision making process:

1. An administrator or City Rep who handles communication and co-ordination. This position is one of administration only and is responsible for passing on messages, to other members, communication, and any or all paperwork that is needed, and coordination of events.
    2. A leadership group that handles decision making and direction of the group. This group will be responsible for the creation of events, control of the members, and the final decisions on necessary actions. This group will decide on any major decisions.

There are several reasons why leadership should be decided by council rather than by a single entity.

No one person is perceived to be in control of the group.
    § A committee or council would be more representative of other members and is able to provide alternate views.
    § It provides a more democratic approach by way of checks and balances.
    § Rome was once a Republic that was ruled by a democratic Senate until Julius Caesar was declared ?First Citizen.? Afterwards, his nephew, Augustus, declared himself Emperor. This parallels the events in the fall of the Republic in which a Chancellor was elected by the Senate.

The committee should be made up of no less than three members, but always by an odd number. The odd number is necessary so that in cases where decisions must be made and come to a vote, there is no likelihood of a tie.

This form of rule by committee is probably the most fair at the time. It is more representative and allows for dissension and differences in opinion in a democratic venue. This form of governing body is tentative and will most likely grow and change as the club membership expands and its events become more elaborate.

Robert Lee (AKA Harlock415)

Of course this will evolve over time. Any comments, questions, and debates are welcome.

2. padme_skywalkr 1st Chapter Rep San Francisco Fan Force

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    It s a lot better than arguing over the other two extremes. Thanks Robert for your time and effort in the matter. Hmmmm....maybe we can find use for you yet ;) j/k
    Thanks!
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    A good compromise and I think it will work. Any problems that will arise we can deal with when we come to that bridge. As long as the people still get to vote on major decisions then I'm fine with it. I was more concerned with the commitee/council ousting the masses of the group concerning voting on major decision in which there'd be a split between the haves and the have nots. I assume then that the council will act quickly to decide on all small trivial issues and any major issues can or will be put to a club vote?

As it mentions in Heir to the Empire, "When you sift everything down governments are just made up of people." If we forget that then we become just as bad as any "Empire" that arises. Then in this case, we'll have to have a set good working policy concerning voter registration and the Club Name vote will have to be tabled/put on hold. Otherwise we'd be voting on things concerning a "government" that doesn't even have a basic foundation yet. Geez this is getting a little too serious for a SW club but then again I don't mind that much. As long as we get to have a good time I'm all for stable government. lol
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds good. Let's get this ball rolling!
  5. Rogue6 Force Ghost

star 2
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Ummm... should we talk about the re-vote for the club name, and actual structured guide lines for registration, and all that jazz again? I mean I would draw up the details but you know how I get long winded and detailed... Not only that, but coming up with things and adding stuff that may or may not be necessary in the way of counter measures and addendums...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.