main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Origin of Dark Jedi Jerec

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zal_Taur, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zal_Taur

Zal_Taur Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Does anyone know where this guy came from? Does he have an offical background? I haven't read Soldier for the Empire, the Dark Forces prequel. And there's nothing in any of the encyclopedias that I can find?

I want to feature Jerec in some fan fiction, but don't want to conflict with continutiy. I appreciate your help.

2. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    In The Darkside Sourcebook there is a biography on Jerec. Apparently he was a Jedi Knight/Architect and was in the far out systems when Palpatine began the Purge, when he returned he found all the Jedi gone and Palpatine offered him death or alliance with him, so Jerec chose the Dark Side annnnnd...wa-la

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Archaeologist, not architect, I think.

4. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Right, as a Jedi Jerec took missions from the Council to hunt down long lost Jedi artifacts. After one long mission, he returned to the Republic to find it was now the Empire. Tremayne hunted him to the Unknown Regions and turned him to the dark side. Now loyal to the Emperor, Jerec began his service working as an Inquisitor. He turned three Jedi who were on other long-range assignments (definately Sariss, his padawan, probably Maw and Boc), and then found three more Force adepts (definately Yun, probably Gorc and Pic). With these six Dark Jedi under his command, he continued his relic-hunting for the Emperor.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually, where it says him being loyal is continuity glitch in the dssb book. In the radio drama, he was trying to usurp the empire, and had a talk with thrawn about how he believed he could be a better emperor, and intended to try to take over if he got the chance. There might be some more cases in the book were he talks treasonous acts against the empire.

Also him being listed as an inquistor while it might be true, that has never been actually mentioned, officially. Infact the dssb doesn't list him as an inquistor.

6. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    i meant archeologist, i don't know why i wrote architect, im a dumb@$$

7. RebelOutlaw_Ace

RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 2001
    I once wrote a fanfic that started when Jerec was a teen, then was going to end at his death, but I abandoned it. I called it Jerec: Vader's Eyes, and the link is so far down in the fanfic archives and I'm too lazy at the moment to find it. Anyway, if you wrote one about him, I'd read it.

-Reb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.