main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Origin of Vader's red lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Freelancer257, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Vader loses his lightsaber on Mustafar but by the time of ANH he has a red saber. Do you think he had the skills to construct this himself, despite being in the suit and having artificial arms? Or did Sidious give him a new saber?

2. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Luke constructed one when he had one artificial hand, and DV commented on how he had fulfilled that part of his Jedi training. Their artificial hands and arms were probably at least as agile as the organic counterparts.

3. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    Didn't Anakin lose a lightsaber in AOTC as well?

I'm sure he could figure it out.

4. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    From the RotS Visual Dictionary:

Vader will build a new lightsabre, powered by a synth-crystal supplied by Sidious that will yield a crimson blade.

5. Darthcarpet

Darthcarpet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    i thought he got it free in a box of frosties?:)
    http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/starwars/starwars_reg.asp

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    He's a Jedi Knight, why would he not know how to build a new saber?

And what do his hands have to do with it? They work like normal hands. It's not like he was fitted with hooks and peg legs.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He built his saber like any other Jedi or Sith.

8. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Well i do agree that his hands would be less supple in that costume but im sure he managed

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm sure that the gloves come off.

10. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    The reason why I thought Vader might not be dexterous enough to make a new saber was because he seems a little unsteady on his feet at the end of episode 3 - which suggests he needs some time to get used to his new limbs. I thought perhaps he would need a saber again for conflict soon after the events of Episode 3 and wouldn't be up to the challenge. My bad.

11. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    Maybe he found Yoda under the cap of a pepsi bottle and won it.

12. Darthcarpet

Nov 5, 2004
    why would he be able to build a light sabre being a jedi or a sith think about it do the jedi take 101 in lightsabre making? i think someone else probably makes them think about it do cops who carry guns make them themselves?[face_monkey]

13. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    All Jedi construct their own lightsabers. It's a part of their training.

"I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your training is now complete."

I imagine there is some Jedi somewhere that makes generic ones for general use. The younglings likely don't make their own, and the extras they toss to Obi and Anakin in AotC had to come from somewhere.

14. Darthcarpet

Nov 5, 2004
    your quoting vader talking to luke ,luke isnt anakin/vader
    ps where in the movies does anyone say the jedi training involves making your own sabres i must have missed that?[face_thinking]
    pps dont quote the EU thats not canon

15. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    your quoting vader talking to luke ,luke isnt anakin/vader
    ps where in the movies does anyone say the jedi training involves making your own sabres i must have missed that?
    pps dont quote the EU thats not canon

then your not going to get any anwsers.

16. Panaka_kicked_Padme

Panaka_kicked_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    yeah im sure he made it.

17. BanthaFodder22

BanthaFodder22 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Every add article and picture of Vader for ROTC he is pictured with his red saber! I wish he would have gotten it or made it during the movie! It would make more sense I guess

18. wishihadalightsaber

wishihadalightsaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    i think anakin should've got a red saber before the mustafar battle with obi-that woulda been sick

19. Darth_Abtranor

Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    For the Darth Carpet person-in just about every book that has Sith or Jedi, something is mentioned about them making their own lightsaber. Oh, and I'm sure that Vader made his own lightsaber.

20. Darthcarpet

Nov 5, 2004
    thats books son not movies

21. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your training is now complete."

Hello? McFly?
    He just told you. Luke built a saber, so his training is done. Building a saber is a part of the training.

22. Cakret

Cakret Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Building a Lightsaber is Part of the training I read Shadows of the emprie witch Takes place between ESB and Jedi. TPM AOTC ROTS ANH ESB (SOTE) ROTJ in this Book witch is very good i might add, You See Luke make his saber, and maeks comments like, Think If this thing was made wrong, Luke skywalker the only one to survive a Fight With Darth Vader Is Killed when his own Faulty Lightsaber Explodes, I think after that he gets attacked by swoopers, he got Plans for making a Lightsaber in Obi Wans House on tattooine where he was Staying during this time, and Sharpening his Jedi Skills. BTW This book is ill i sugest you all read it

23. Darthcarpet

Nov 5, 2004
    cakret your quoting the expanded universe why do people take that as the gospel the movies are the only real thing the EU is garbage

and to DS615

i never heard any of the jedi mention in the pt that jedis make there own sabres +
    one other thing

in the pt a jedi is trained for about 20 odd years in the ot to become a jedi all you have to do is get training on the millenium falcon with a remote droid then go to dagobah and train with yoda for 2 weeks then build a lightsabre fast training eh?

24. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    i never heard any of the jedi mention in the pt that jedis make there own sabres +

Where did you think they come from than? The lightsaber fairy? Jedi's build thier lightsabers. That was established when Luke found the blue prints in Obi-wan's hut. This is from the novelization of ROTJ and has been accepted as Star Wars fact for over 20 years.

25. JediStarKiller

JediStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    In the Return of the Jedi. Vader says to look...I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. His kick-arse green one. Because his arm got whacked off in the ESB, and that hand had his saber in it. So he had to build a new...duh.

Whoever found that hand was luckly. They got Vaders and Lukes lightsaber now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.