main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Original Fan Film Music(Sort of)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by skyy38, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyy38

skyy38 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    Would it do anyone on this site any good to consider original Fan Film Music for their next production?
    What do you normally do for music?Do you borrow from the original soundtracks?Do you get friends to compose for you?Do you care about original music in your production?
    Or is it all the same in the end?

There are a lot of questions to be brought up that ,hopefully,will be answered in the course of this thread.

2. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    ......there's a fan audio forum, which is pretty close to this. And there's not a lot of individuals and businesses handing out royalty free stuff for use in a film, even a not-for-profit one.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    There are a lot of questions to be brought up that ,hopefully,will be answered in the course of this thread.

or indeed in the many many other threads on this subject!

Welcome to the boards!

It's often useful to have a good look through before posting new subjects. There are several threads on this in the first few pages, and many many before then!

4. skyy38

Aug 26, 2003
    halibut,I would appreciate a link to those aformentioned pages....
    so,no one does anything for "free"-not even for a card and copy?
    Part of me understands that..
    ..but then the other part kicks in and says"hey!-why not?!"....

I mean,I figure I've been doing one,long,continuous,pro bono job these last 15 years composing stuff for myself..
    I don't think one more would hurt me...

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    edit: post misread. my apologies.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I'll create original music if I can, especially for my own original projects. For a fan-film, it just depends on what it is. In the case of a STAR WARS fan-film, I would use selections from the various scores in order to maintain that SW sound.

7. skyy38

Aug 26, 2003
    Well I would use "quotes" from the famous lietmotifs but the bulk of what I would do would definitely be *all* me.

Or,I would come up with an entirely new set of leitmotifs based on the characters in YOUR fanfilm.That isn't against the law,is it?

OR you come up with your original concept to make into a movie,let me write the music themes for you and then you can write the score based on what I came up with...how about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.