main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Original George Lucas's prequel outline revealed

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, May 24, 2013.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I'll add a quote from George Eliot (who we may also know as Mary Anne Evans):

"How is it that the poets have said so many fine things about our first love, so few about our later love? Are their first poems their best? Or are not those the best which come from their fuller thought, their larger experience, their deeper-rooted affections?

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  2. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012

Another thing to note here is that...there is no suggestion that Anakin being married and having kids is, in itself, a problem for the Jedi.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Just that "Anakin's been killing whoever goes off with him" notion is dumb. I mean, really, the other Jedi are just gonna think that's a coincidence or something?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Really this backstory was basically common knowledge by the time TPM was released, I think we all kind of knew then that the PT would end with Vader being put in the molten pit (that is always what it was referred to before RotS) after a duel with Obi Wan.

5. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    All 6 films have been on TV over the last six weeks and it re-confirmed to me the poor quality of the PT. It has absolutely none of the charm of the originals, is contrived and boring in large parts.

At the time of their release, I liked them, but wasn't at all blown away. The character of Anakin was completely wrong. How do you go from being a normal kid to the most murderous person in the galaxy? Anakin should have been born with serious sociopathic issues, a troubled but hugely talented kid whose issues and raw power prove too much for the Jedi to harness. Having him be a generally normal guy with a few authority issues just doesn't cut it.

The creation of the empire was so underwhelming, as we're the clone wars. And why were they called the clone wars just because clones made up the republics forces? The Second World War wasn't called the nazi storm trooper war! There was no imagination. The clones should have been the motivation for the war - a divisive issue where clones were trafficked through the galaxy and used as slaves.

The PT had so much potential to be exciting and inspirational Star Wars movies. In fact, if they were movies without the Star Wars tag, they'd be dismissed as trash. I would luv the PT to be totally remade and be loyal to the OT.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan does say "He was a good friend".

The notion that a psychologically ordinary person could, with the right power and incentives, become a terrible villain- is an interesting one- common in the better kind of fantasy.

EDIT: A Terry Pratchett quote sums it up well:

There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.

DarthBoba likes this.