main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Original OT to be released!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jairen, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I'll buy it. And I know you will too

2. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    LMAO! [face_laugh]

... so true! [face_blush]

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I actually liked alot of the changes that were made to the films.

However:

1) Han did and always will shoot first as far as I am concerned. It was bad enough making him shoot second, but the change in the current DVD looks so awful the way he ducks sideways.

2) In the SE, they added in a stupid scream for Luke falling in Cloud City in ESB. Good move taking it out again in the DVD editions!

3) The entire extended musical number in Jabba's palace serves absolutely no purpose.

4) The jabba scene still doesn't feel right in ANH, though much better than the SE version.

Apart from that, I love all the other changes, even the Anakin one at the end of ROTJ on the DVDs.

Oh and one last thing, drop the "Boba has the same accent as he's a clone" thing. You accent is a representation of all the places you've lived throughout your life, especially growing up. The likelihood that Boba would sound exactly like Jango nearly 20 years later after the amount of moving around he did, is pretty slim. You could have left his voice alone and it wouldn't have made a difference. So add that to my list. I don't think that Temuera delivered the line anywhere near as well as Bulloch did in the original. It sounds almost bland in comparison.

4. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    So you only like Star Wars for it's special effects?

If that is the only reason anyone likes the OT how come it's so popular still and was also before the PT was released - they're hardly amazing now and haven't really been for the past 15 or 20 years.

5. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004

I didnt think Bulloch did the voice? It was like the dave prowse/james earl jones thing.

I swear someone else did the voice, as Bulloch sounds a bit TOO english (like dave prowes was too west-country)

And Havet_Storm, Zacparis isnt saying he likes the OT only for the SFX, hes saying thats why the films were considered revolutionary.

I dont think anyone would be a member here if the only liked the SFX :p

6. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm not going to bother with these DVD's, rather wait for the SAGA Boxset. I would say more on the point put I don't want to get on my soapbox about peoples nostalgia for the OOT and the whole Lucas Rape My Childhood thing :rolleyes:

7. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    More than likely Blu-ray, 20th Century Fox support this format. No problem though, just get a next gen DVD player that plays both formats.

8. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    well as they come out on the 12th September and its me birfday the next day then... hmmmmm... am i making this hint as obvious as i should???

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Your birthday is Sep 13th?????

Spooky, that's when Darren's is! (TENCLO - emperor - yoda - director - iraq etc)

10. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    No... I am your brother.

But seriously- that two sets of each of these DVDs then yer gonna have to buy, Hal! :p

11. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

...and star trek ?

12. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Not advertise anywhere yet. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.