main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Original Sci-Fi film under development: help wanted

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by noron, Aug 5, 2008.

1. noron

noron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2007
    Ok, my name is Jason Kosloski, I live in Salt Lake City (yeah, I know, wrong board, but the right one happens to not exist anymore) and I'm currently the Assistant Director, and Director of Photography of a short, original, indy, sci-fi film that's currently in early pre-production. I heard that there are a lot of people around these boards who are interested in indy filmaking (especially of the sci-fi variety). I know it's not a star wars fan film, go ahead and shoot me ;)

Long story short, we are looking for interested people (who also have some talent as well). The film is still in pre-production, so we don't really need actors at this time (but we will, soon). Mainly we are looking for at least one more good writer, people with really good ideas, and people who want to help contribute to a project like this. Really we are trying to create a core production team, so if you have any skills or drive that you think would help, please consider it. We can't offer any pay (both me and the director are students and we havn't picked up any investors yet, maybe later... we'll see)

If you've gotten this far, and are still interested, we usually try to hold weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) production meetings, generally in south jordan, or around there. If you want to know more, or are interested in joining the project, then feel free to post here, pm me on here, or email me at jmkosloski@gmail.com.

I'll also be using this thread to post updates as to our progress, and when the time comes, I will be putting out another call for volenteer actors, set builders, prop people, and other wonderful people like that.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm definitely interested--I'm working on a fanfilm screenplay, so would be interested in helping with writing.

3. Allofthemonkeys

Allofthemonkeys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2007
    I'm in too. I know you said that actors need to wait, but I am in.

4. noron

Jan 31, 2007
    Sorry to not have responded sooner, I hate to say it, but work ate my weekend.

Great that you guys are interested. The director is out of town right now (coming home on Wednesday I believe), and when he comes we will be arranging a production meeting. So sometime in the next couple days I will be contacting you more formally with a few more details.

What days/times work best for you to meet for about 1-2 hours?

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm a make-up artist, if you need one of those. I also do costuming.

6. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    I'm interested in helping out in maybe several aspects, though I don't have transportation to make it up to South Jordan for meetings.

Um, if the meetings were close, or you don't mind phone/internet collaboration... I'm into writing, acting, editing, and I've done general production work for lots of things.

I really hate not having a car sometimes...

-Mia

7. noron

Jan 31, 2007
    The director wanted me to pass this little note onto anyone who was interested.

Hello everybody,

My name is Nehemiah. I am the director that Jason mentioned.

My vision for this movie is a film that looks entirely realistic, but has a few science fiction elements in it. It will have an intensity that resembles that of Black Hawk Down. With a few flashback breaks in the action.

This tuesday me and Jason are having a production meeting for anyone who would like to come. It will be held at the South Jordon library, and will start at 1:00 pm and go till 3:00 pm.

If anyone has any questions please e-mail me at njs91@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Nehemiah

P.s. I am getting a forum set up so that the production team can coordinate and work long distance. It will be located at film.jasonkosloski.com (expect it to be open within 24 hours) Anyone who is interested should go there.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Can't make it. I have a full-time job and get out of work in Orem at 12:30 every day.

9. noron

Jan 31, 2007
    OK, I'll pass that on to Nehemiah. What time would be best for you?

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Early evenings so I can attend and still be able to take the bus home.