main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

original score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by sleazo, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Apparently gl waas listening to various pieces of music as he was imagining his saga.
    He told williams of this when williams was told to construct the score. so my question is to all of the clasical music fans out there, which piece of music influenced which scene? i will state one of my opinions, which is dvorak's 9th sympony(new world) for the opening title theme in anh. any other ideas............

2. Attack

Attack Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    If you have the ANH:SE CDs, inside the book it lists the pieces of classical music that GL used as a temp track and which JW derived his ideas from. Dvorak was one.

Also, interestingly, you can hear the Psycho theme in ANH, when Han pops the lid on the storage compartment. The three notes you hear as he does so are the Psycho theme. It was used on the temp track, and JW liked it so much that he incorporated it into his score.

3. squirrel

squirrel Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2001
    Listen to the end of Mars (from The Planets, by Gustav Holst), and then listen to the scene where the death star blows up in ANH. It speaks for itself. In fact, listen to all of Mars, and then listen to all of ANH. Striking similarities. (I'm a professional composer. It's impossible not to be influenced by other music and other composers.I love JW, don't get me wrong). All artists do this to some extent. Picasso once said, "A good artist borrows, a great artist steals."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.