main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Original Star Wars on the big screen Oct. 26, 2003. In Los Angeles!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by luwho, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. all my tickets are gone! You must order them for yourselves. Thanks guys!

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I will be there, and hopefully I will have my Jedi boots by then 'cause then my costume will be complete. I can't wait. :)

3. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Dang, I'm getting Jedi Boot envy.. I have a Jedi Costume, but my boots are too short to be real Jedi boots. Perhaps I'll buy some boots from that place that SoloJedi has recommended (thanks for the non-functional link Solo.. oh BTW, thanks for the Target tip.. head on over to the Collecting thread for my story). I still need boots for my Rebel Trooper costume too.. although I think rubber rain boots will work if I can't find anything in the mean time.

This ANH screening will be fun!! Where is it showing anyway?? I bought tix, but I have no idea where it's playing.. duh.

4. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Moonstar - ha ha you're funny! [face_laugh]

Hey racer, what do you mean non-functional site? it works for me....
    I'll try posting it again....
    Yeah, does anyone know how the theater is?
    Hope it's a good one....

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Please please represent us well. Wear all your t-shirts, hats, jackets and bring light sabers. It is our calling. It is our destiny.

I would be present, but will (likely) be in a hot air balloon ride, near Palm Dessert.
    I am sorry to miss it.

6. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Solo, sorry, you know me, I'm the thread czar. You just didn't post your link properly. Ok, ok.. call me @n@l or whatever... I've heard a lot of good things about that business though.. regarding boots.

7. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey racer -
    I won't call you @n@l..bantha poodoo is just fine. ;) [face_laugh]
    Her's the main site...try it out. search for "boots"....http://www.equestrian-tack.com/
    any news on the theater?

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    "This ANH screening will be fun!! Where is it showing anyway?? I bought tix, but I have no idea where it's playing.. duh."

It's playing at the DGA offices (Director's Guild of America) on Sunset Boulevard. Here's a link for info about screening room 2, where ANH is going to be shown (plus it has the DGA address):

DGA

This is a weird site to navigate. When you get to this page, look down on the bottom and click on the "The DGA" button. Then when the next screen comes up, click on "DGA Theater" (on the left under "Basics") and you'll be taken to the right screen.

9. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    HEY ALL -
    I just got an e-mail from the DGA theater...it said that they will not be showing the original SW but that they would be showing the SE version. The couldn't get a copy of the original ie: Han shoots first one.
    Also i asked him if we could go dressed. so i'll post when i get a reply...
    p.s.
    I saw the website and the theater looks AMAZING!!!!
    Too bad it's in the small one and not in the 600 capacity one

10. luwho

luwho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2003
    Good one Mr. Lucas.

- Luis

11. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    oooh! I really want to go! That sounds sooooo fun. (Especially since I wasn't around when the CT first came out)

12. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    The Director's Guild has an amazing theater, I went there last week to see The Station Agent. I know 3 friends of mine who already want to go to this; hmm, we must organize this venture.....

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey, does anyone want to meet before the screening for breakfast or brunch? The movie starts at 1pm. I don't know what time we should get there to 'wait in line'. Perhaps we can meet somewhere near the theater, in the Hollywood area, IHOP or something.. I'm not sure what's around there. Roscoes? Anyway, anyone interested? We can discuss details here or at the meeting on Sunday.

14. luwho

luwho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2003
    JediRacer- That sounds good to me.

- Luis

15. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan and I will probably grab something to eat before since we don't have a lot of time to get to the theatre. Maybe we can meet afterwards for a snack or something.

16. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    well, im gonna meet you all there...no costume this time. sorry.
    Maybe we can do lunch afterwards.
    I'm going with some friends....
    Yeah, whenever you're ready with your room is cool.
    Gosh, racer did you notice how quiet it was today?
    Bubba hasn't posted...

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    No costume SoloJedi?? Aww.. Are we allowed to wear costumes? Earlier didn't you say you asked them or something?
    We'll see about brunch.. it's just an idea. It would be nice if we could all group together somehow.

18. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    yeah, i never heard back from them...oh well.
    Don't think they'll mind if people go dressed in costume.
    this time i'm gonna pass on the costume...i only wear it for long day things like cons.

Yeah, it would be cool if we could hook up after for brunch or something. guess we ion out the details there?

19. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Oh no! Tickets for the screening are sold out! Does anyone have 2 extra tickets for the starving Padawan learner? *grovels*

Devi

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    You didn't get tickets Devi?? Aww.. Who else is going in costume then? I don't want to be the only one!

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I was planning on wearing my Jedi costume if other people are dressing up....it's really hot, but it's so fun to dress up as a Jedi that I think I can deal with it. ;)

22. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    hey racer dude -
    What time you planning on heading down there?
    I might be there around noonish or so.
    Hey nabooprincess, you should wear your costume that way u can keep racer/rebel trooper company.
    As much as i would like to go in costume, i won't be able to this time. Got some things to do after film and can't go dressed as jedi.

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    (seriosuly) Do not wear costumes. At Directors Guild, it would not be appropiate.

You will have many chances in the next 30 days to costume.

24. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    well bubba -
    i agree. the place does look very posh, and we wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression.
    Are you going?
    Does any one know how our tickets are guaranteed? I e-mailed the people, and still haven't heard from them.

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Really? No Costumes? Hmm... well..
    I emailed them about tickets too. At this point I'm just assuming they're will call.
    Solo, I don't know what time we can start lining up. You'll be there around noon? I guess I'll be there around that time if not earlier.
    Does everyone want to get together afterwards for some food? I suggested brunch earlier, but only Luwho was interested. If not, we can just meet at the movie and that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.