main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Original Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Sara_Kenobi, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Solo Legacy is closing in favor of switching to a new hosting site. A new post will be created about the new site. I hope everyone will join us there.

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Very nice forum, Sara!

~aeryn

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Aeryn: Thank you. :)

Just an update on my site... We've added a new Role Play section that were trying to get off the ground. We also have a new EU section as well. Please join us. :)

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Looks great, but for me there are way too many forums.
    Perhaps have few forums until you have more members ?

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    New Update: We now have 17 registered members, and the Fan Fiction forums are becoming quite active.

We've filled the position of Global Moderator, but we're still on the look out for a Role Play Moderator, and a host for Trivia Games which could lead to a Mod Promotion down the road.

We've also added a new games forum, worthy of checking out! Please, join us! We're a little Community, but we're becoming quite Mighty! :)

We also are still on the look out for affiliates. If you're interested, please register at my site and contact me there.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Update: We have new staff positions available, and we've also had more forum additions. Please come and provide us with your comments and suggestions and support. Thank you! :)

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    We have a posting contest starting tomorrow, running to September 5th. The winner with the most post count will be promoted to moderator or admin. Please check out the thread in announcements, thanks. :)

8. Cpt_Obvious

Cpt_Obvious Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Good luck with that. Never seems to be the best way to find a new staff member, but it is your site. God help you if Darth Vortex sees this and goes to posting on your site and wins.

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Solo Legacy's new home is Original Star Wars.

On the new site we're looking for five more staff members, and hope to expand on our membership even more by returning to Invisionfree. We will be opening more devoted Star Wars forums to get ready for the release of the OT DVDs.

Come and please join us at our new home. We are also always open for more affiliates. Please look to our forums for future details.

We also welcome comments and suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

Hope to see you all there! :)

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    We have a Halloween contest. Please check it out! :)

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    My tech admin has added some very nice new features to the boards. We have a new style sheet that looks so much better. Also, we have a staff opening in the News Chat forum. Please see our announcements forum for details. You don't have to join to view the boards. We have almost 40 members now, so if you decide to join, you will have people to talk with besides yourself. ;) Please check us out! :)

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    We've had a few moderator's retire and some promotion's this month, so we have three Staff position's open. Please apply to the board if you're interested.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    We have three different VIP contests set up for the next two months. Up to six winners. See board for details. To enter you must register.

15. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    If you have any questions regarding the site you can pm me.

16. Cpt_Obvious

Mar 9, 2003
    Nevermind.

17. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    O.K. here's my situation with this site now. Tell me what you guys think.

O.K. well the owner of the site makes a thread and posts 5 times in a row. Me joking edits it as a moderator saying JediMasterRevan Edit: Spamming is not allowed here. Consider this a warning. Subsequent infractions will lead to banning.So I thought that was kind of funny like I was going to ban the owner. Then I pm her to look at it because little did I know I thought she might find it funny also. Well the next day I try to login and it says that my account has been suspended. I'm like what gives? At her other site I'm also banned. So I email her asking why I'm suspended and I get this: You threaten to ban me (the owner of the site), and had the nerve to PM me to look at the post to see what you wrote. Joking or not, did you really think that would be funny or a good idea? I was just begining to get to know you. We all were.
    You may be unsuspended yet. I haven't decided yet. But you've lost your position with my site. That is for certain.
    After this I thought wow they must not have a good sense of humor! So do you guys think that I did something so totally wrong to be demoted and banned at that site and another one of her's?

18. Cpt_Obvious

Mar 9, 2003
    no one is above the rules of a site. Not even the owner. That is a road to go down that will never work out right.

I wasn't too thrilled about having to wait to be approved to post.

19. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    I wasn't too thrilled about having to wait to be approved to post.

I don't understand that either, why would you have to moniter who registers and who doesn't? Everyone should be allowed to register.

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm locking this for the moderator to take a look.

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    We're now up to 64 members this month. Please come and check out the site. We've had to take obvious security steps because of trolls and a new moderator posting false information. But if you're a fan of intelligent discussion, and enjoy smaller communities where users can engage more, one on one, you'll enjoy this site.

New features have been installed, and for a correction above, we do inquire e-mail validation. But most communities do.

Please come and see this site for yourself. We love feedback at the site, and always look for new ways to meet the needs of our community. See you all there. :)

22. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    We've had to take obvious security steps because of trolls and a new moderator posting false information.

You had validation even before anything happened. And a new moderator did not post false information and I can prove it. You want to talk about trolling you need to stop trolling at my site.

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Excuse me? You don't give up, do you? You were demoted at my site, Revan. Get over it! This is really scary. I'm contacting the Moderator again.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    One of my tech administrator's has installed some new banners for our affiliates, and also several new forum features have been updated and added to the site. That was the reason for our down time. User groups also have had features added. We would adore some serious feedback, and good suggests on how we can continue to improve things. Thank you.

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Please come and see our new X-mas theme. My graphics admin created the feature for us, and a few other things as well. We've also grown to nearly 70 registered members. Hope to see you there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.