Original Trilogy DVD release event

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2003
    star 2
    Is there any new news yet??
  2. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Hi gang,
    No news yet, Suncoast manager Frank is gone until next week... :(

    Have y'all selected a representative to go with me when I meet with him?

    Doug
  3. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    I will be meeting with Frank at Suncoast this Wednesday (8/25) in the afternoon to try to nail down some details on this.

    If the IFSWA would like a representative to accompany me that would be great! Please bring any ideas for activities that you may have.

    Let me know....

    Doug
  4. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    I will be speaking with Frank at Suncoast this afternoon. After speaking with our inter-club liaison (Ryan) who I believe spoke with Erik, I will let Frank know that the IFSWA is interested in running a trivia contest at the event as well as recruiting.

    Again, any and all activities must be approved by Frank and his regional management. I'll post all info I come out of the meeting with this evening....

    Doug
  5. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Frank had to re-schedule. The new meeting time is 2:00pm this Friday....

    Doug
  6. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2003
    star 1
    So, this gives a little more time for someone to volunteer to represent the IFSWA at the meeting with Suncoast. Not a lot but a little. I'd do it, but I think it would be best if it was someone who represented only the IFSWA, whereas I am a member of both IFSWA and the new costuming group. Also, being Doug's brother it might make both organizations look hokey if both representatives have the same last name. Anyhow, let Erik, me or Doug know if you want to volunteer as the IFSWA rep. for this meeting.
  7. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    OK, the meeting took place today. Here's a cut-and-paste copy of what I posted on the Alpine Garrison Board:

    Okey dokey....

    The meeting with Frank went well today! Mike and I showed him pics of some of our costumes to show what kind of quality we're talking about, he was very happy. He even said that if we had an extra costume or something, he'd probably wear it! In one pic I showed, Shane was next to me in his armor...when I said I may have armor for the event, he was like "will your x-wing stuff fit me?"....

    Anyway....He is going to meet with mall management early next week to find out what kind of space we can use in the mall in front of the store. We discussed many ideas which I'll cover in a little bit, but basically, if we have enough space, he's OK with all of it.

    We told him we will need to expect fans to want to take pics and he understood that. We talked about a photo "booth" with a digital camera, we'll have to work on that.

    He is making securing a room for us to change in his top priority. There is an empty space next door to Suncoast and he's going to find out about using it.

    He said that a recruiting table won't be a problem, although he's not sure where to put it. We talked about placing it just outside the entrance to the store, and he thought that would work if we can get mall approval. I asked about power for a possible tv/vcr/dvd (to play the garrison dvd) and he said he'd check on that.

    He also liked the idea of a Vader/Jedi lightsaber duel out in the mall, he was going to discuss that with mall management as well.

    We discussed with him that we need to check with mall security on our replica weapons (especially blasters) and find out if they'll be allowed.

    The IFSWA has offered to run a trivia contest. I explained to Frank that we are now 2 separate groups and we are working together on this event. He acted cool with that. His only question about a trivia contest was the logistics of running it. He didn't see how it could be done in a "game show" format, but perhaps the IFSWA could hand out a "questionaire" of trivia questions that customers could fill out and turn in. The IFSWA could "grade" them and the winners could win a prize. Frank has a BUNCH of CD-ROMS that are "STAR WARS EPISODE II CREATIVE PRINT STUDIO" for the PC. He said we could use those as prizes, and he's probably got some other stuff too.

    He asked about advertising the event. I showed him a copy of this:

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dougatwood/detail?.dir=/83ae&.dnm=3d69.jpg

    And told him we could hang them up. He liked that idea. We also talked about 4x5 that he could put in bags NOW to get the word out to customers and he liked that too. He's going to check on using the Suncoast logo to put on the posters...He is going to check with regional management to see if he can help pay for the printing costs which would be cool!

    We discussed a 4pm start time and going until close (9pm). He said that was cool but was concerned that we'll miss a LOT of people if we're not there sooner. I told him we'd discuss this. He's basically cool with whatever we decide. I suggest we plan an official start of 4pm, and if any of us can show up sooner we should.

    He did say that we need to understand that when we're done and packed up, Suncoast staff will need to inspect our gear...company policy. I told him I didn't see a problem with that.

    He also has some other cool stuff like a giant vader standee and some othe things he wants to put out. He'd like to do a cool SW display in his window and asked for ideas....

    So he's going to meet with mall management early next week and then we'll talk again next week...

    He said he's already told a few people about the event and everyone he's told has been excited!

    That's all for now....

    Doug"
  8. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Just a thought...I'm thinking we could modify the flyer and add the IFSWA logo to it as well since this is a joint event...

    I showed him that flyer because I got it from the garrison, it was already done :D

    Oh to be sure that no one feels left out, IFSWA members ARE welcome to come in costume as well...

    :D

    Doug
  9. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2002
    star 3
    I could be there by 3pm, but not by myself. I am sure he understands that some of us have to work and all that. ;)
  10. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Barry,
    Yes he does understand that. His concern seemed to really be for our groups and that we may miss a recruiting opportunity...obviously many of the die-hard fans will probably be there early.
  11. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    We are now exactly 3 weeks from this event. Has the IFSWA firmed-up plans for the trivia contest? I need details on how it will be run, what kind of space will be needed, etc to pass on to Suncoast.

    Please let me know ASAP. Please have the info to me no later than 9/7/04...

    Doug
  12. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 20, 2002
    star 2
    I'll try to be there, but it all depends on if I can get a mask for my costume by then or not.
  13. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Adam,
    We'd love to have you be there, in costume or not...it wouldn't be the same without ya!

    Doug
  14. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    May 20, 2002
    star 2
    Awww, shucks! You're makin' me blush.
  15. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 18, 2003
    star 1
    Besides, even if you can't be in costume, we're gonna' need spotters.
  16. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Well, I am interpreting the lack of response in this thread regarding the trivia contest as a sign that the IFSWA is not interested in organizing it. Therefore, the Alpine Garrison will organize the trivia contest/drawing. I'm also taking this to mean that the IFSWA is NOT INTERESTED in handing out flyers at the Suncoast event. If I'm mis-interpreting this, please let me know in the next 24 hours or I won't be able to make arrangements with Suncoast for IFSWA participation.

    Doug
  17. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2003
    star 2
    Doug, Barry mentioned in the Hastings thread that he would like to have flyers from the IFSWA to hand out at the Suncoast event. I told him that he would have some to hand out. I hope this will be okay, since he is a member of both organizations.
  18. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    That's fine, I'd just like to know what the IFSWA is bringing to the event in trade for the opportunity to recruit. I know Barry mentioned the photo-op thing but hasn't communicated with me on it....I don't know what he needs, etc....



  19. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Apr 15, 2003
    star 2
    Since our meeting is tomorrow night, I will bring this up to the club. I will post by the end of the weekend what we can offer.
  20. jedi5150 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 4, 2000
    star 3
    Excellent! That will work!
  21. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 15, 2002
    star 3
    All I really need for the photo op opportunity is a Vader (And trooper). The less complicated it is, the more people we will get to go thru with it.

    I take a picture of guest with Vader on my camera phone, and email it to the guest right then and there. They are impressed and excited and will of course stick around to talk and get to know us. I am going to print up my own flyer detailing my willingness to enhance their Vader picture with real lightsaber FX (I will email their pic to myself and add the fx at home). Stuff like this is our biggest asset. We need to WOW these people, show them that we arent jsut dopes who hide in our basement, but we have the tools and the talent to give them MORE than they already have. What are the benefits of joining a club? What can WE do for THEM? Thats why I am a little worried about the Trivia contest, as whenever those occured at the lines for TPM or AOTC, it always just boiled down to whoever hung around, and that tended to be the usual SW nut, the kind who is probably a club member already (yes I include myself in that description ;) ).

    What can we do that others can not? ANd Vader is definately our best selling point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.