main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary ORIGINAL Trilogy DVD Release

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by ShatirLavan, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Han shoots first on September 12. I would love to get in costume for this. Has anyone made any trooping plans?

2. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I would love to do a costume thing also, but I have not heard ANY plans, as of yet.

3. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Yes! We should do something...i'd totally be in for dressing up!

4. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Perhaps if anyone sees a store that is doing any sort of big advertising for it, ask the manager if they'd like some costumed promotion. I just realized I have my first day of classes pretty much 9-5 on that Tuesday (Oh yeah, university!), but if any place is doing a midnight monday release, or going into the evening tuesday, I would totally be up for that.

5. Ark-Daragon

Ark-Daragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2006
    man first i need a costume .... the only thing i have is my aluminum saber hilt .. oh i could be the Jedi kid... but thinner

6. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    My first costume will probably not ready by then ><. I'm still waiting for parts from all regions of the 'verse.

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just a note: Boba Jay is planning on having a DVD viewing/potluck party on the 17th. More details to come (he's currently establishing his computer connection so he'll be posting on the boards soon!).

8. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Jay's getting online? Wizard!

9. Jeedai9

Jeedai9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    Bobajay is days away from being online. As I am responsible for his connection and set up, he shall be online some time next week.
    I have to help him set up being a newbie to computers...lol.
    We'll make an official post when online.

10. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    So exciting! Can't wait for BobaJay to be online!

11. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    We should have a 'Boba Jay's First Logon" Party. We can share the gems of the internets from years gone by, like...All Your Base, zombo.com and Star Wars Kid.

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, my days are TOTALLY shot that whole week. We have 2 people guitting, and 2 large conventions in house. So, I'm 99% certain I can't make anything on the 12th and the 17th.

13. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    *Bump*
    Tomorrow is the big day!
    I still haven't decided if I'm going to pick these up...I wish starwarsshop.com would offer an exclusive set that doesn't include the special editions...I mean, how many of us don't have 3 copies of those already? *sigh*
    Is anyone gearing up?

14. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I have class until 5. If you want to troop around 5:30 onwards I'd be game. I'm that's when most people get off work and buy DVD's anyway, right? Does anyone know if Scot got a hold of the people at the Market Mall HMV?

15. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    DVD DAY RUN OUT AND BUY THEM!!!!! also there is a documentary about the episode 1 lines in hollywood call Star Wait and it's only $7.83. I love Star Wars themed days oh wait isen't that everyday :).

16. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    It all comes down to how many credits you want to spend. Hmm, should I buy yet another version of Star Wars, or wait a week for BSG season 2.5?

Nobody's trooping, eh? Oh well, I think I'll robe up just for fun this weekend anyway.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I would! But I'm stuck in Banff.

18. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    So who bought the dvd's today I got them from best buy as the tin they came in is really cool. Stacy and I went later around 8:00ish and they had NO tins left which was crazy so what did everyone else experience?.

19. ima_clone

ima_clone Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2006
    i bought them today.. but, in true idoit fashion, bought them from walmart where they were giving away nothing with them... oh well.. i have a new lightsabre to play with anyway

20. Tabularo

Tabularo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    I picked mine up from Future Shop Tuesday but discovered that the lithographs were only available for those who pre-ordered them. Fortunately I was able to talk my way into getting them anyway so I'm happy.

21. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    I grabbed the tin as well, and the movies have NEVER looked better! The tin is far nicer than any other dvd/cd/watch/trading card/collectible/etc. tin case I've seen, although I don't understand the fascination with tins...

22. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    I picked mine up at Future Shop too, hoping to get something too but getting nothing. Oh well, the movies look great and it's good to see Han Solo shooting first!

23. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    A friend of mine in Edmonton found the ones in the tin and bought them for me...YAHHHHH!!! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.