main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Original Trilogy on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Certainly you've heard "poor Uncle George's" comments about only the Special Editions being on DVD. Ever. If you've been living under a rock lately (since '97), you can read more about it here, or here, or here.

Basically, this is a horrible blunder on Lucas's part. I won't go on a rant, because the arguments are the same as you've thought or read or said. What I will do is point you to a website that's sole purpose is to let "poor Uncle George" know (yet again) what a grave mistake he is making. I'm all for releasing the SEs, but at least offer the originals as well. Who would be put out by buying a 3-disc set or worse, 2 2-disc sets? Not I. The beauty of DVD is options, longevity, I mean... no, I said I wouldn't rant. Anyway, if you ever want to have the possibility of getting a non-bootlegged, remastered, THX EX 7.1 remix of the movies that swept us all to a galaxy far, far away in their original glory then stand up and shout 'HAN SHOT FIRST!!!'

2. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    non-bootlegged

???? Where's the fun in that? [face_mischief]

3. Vader4eVer77

Vader4eVer77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Ok wait a minute!!! i'm lost!! as i said i'm new to all of this so can somebody explain a little? sorry

4. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Okay, Tabatha, I'll try to bring you up-to- speed. You may know some of this already, but then again you may not.

Okay, the Original trilogy of Star Wars movies were released to theatres in 1977, 1980, and 1983.

In 1997, George Lucas re-released these films with new special effects and added/changed scenes. These were the "Special Editions".

Most die-hard SW fans didn't like some/all of the changes, including one crucial scene where Han Solo shoots an assassin, who's trying to kill him. In the original, Han shot before the assassin, named Greedo, could get a shot off. However, in the "Special Edition", Greedo shot and missed (from 3 feet away!), and THEN Han shot him.

What Brent is talking about, is the fact that Lucas has stated that when these movies are brought to DVD, he will not be including the original versions of the movies, just the "Special Editions".

This sucks.

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    On a side note, the Indiana Jones Trilogy comes out before years end.

6. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, they're releasing it as a box set, instead of individually, which means if and when they ever finish the 4th one, the box set will have to be redone. Oh well.

7. Vader4eVer77

Vader4eVer77 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Hey thanks for explaining it to me. I agree with you all. He should put it out like it was originally shown. Thanks once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.