main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Original Trilogy on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Russ, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Russ

Jedi_Russ Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    I just finished watching all 3 movies and am now watching the bonus materials. It was like watching the movies for the first time all over again. I was so amazed at the clarity! I hate that he changed things again but none the less Star Wars is still amazing! I'm going to try and attened one of your group events sometime soon! I hope everyone else enjoyed the DVD release as much as I did.

P.S. Do you all ever play Star Wars Trivia?

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, we do! Jane and Jackie (Adam's girlfriend) kicks our tush in this game. Right, gang?

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Any comments on the changes in the DVD content?

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Yep SW Trivia I'm good at. :)

Now if I could only play SW Monopoly right. :)

-UD

5. Jedi_Russ

Jedi_Russ Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    The changes were minor but I'm sure Lucas might have ticked off the old actors. Like the original voice of Boba Fett has been replaced by the actor who played Jango Fett. The scene with the emperor in Empire Strikes back was done with Ian McDairmid instead of the other actor so that was new. I had a feeling they would have a different ghost for anakin in RTOJ and sure enough I was right! After watching the commentary DVD though a lot of it makes sense why he did what he did. Plus the commentary was cool because it discusses the hardships Lucas went through to create all the films! I still wish they would change the scene in A New Hope back to the old style where Greedo never gets a chance to fire a shot off at Solo!

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    The Hayden Christiansen ghost at the end of ROTJ was a bit weird to see instead of the Sebastian Shaw one, but I'm glad they changed the ewok dance celebration soundtrack.

7. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, I dont really mind all the subtle changes, I know it was all done for the sake of continuity. I noticed on Empire that when Luke jumps off the gantry after the duel the scream that was originally added in the Special Edition was again removed. I am very pleased though, it was like watching them all over again, they look amazing and the bonus disc is loaded. I cant wait for EP3!

Chris

8. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I DIG IT!!!

9. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I hated the fact that they changed Boba Fett's voice......

10. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I've seen some of the extra stuff, but not the movies yet... I just want to take a whole day off to watch!!

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Laura, I know it's tough but you can do it! ;)

12. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    yeah I like Boba's original voice better, but it make's sense. Boba is Jango's clone, so naturally he's gonna sound like Jango.

13. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    even twins have different voices...plus what if he had a voice modulater like Vader??? That was an un-needed change, and I think his old voice was way more menacing.

14. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Since he was a clone he should technically have the same voice as Jango, but Boba purposely disguised his voice so no one would know who he was. According to Natalie that is in the books, and George Lucas could care less what they say, and he is just ruining the movies more and more each time he restores them, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.