main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Original Trilogy Release Weekend Fan Swap/Meet, Party and Mini Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Well I am narrowing down a location to hold a release party/mini con Sat and Sunday Sept 25th and 26th. I want this to be more of a fan swap/meet and viewing party mainly SW but we will probably throw in some 80s cartoons as well.

Any ideas
    Volunteers, planning committe forming now!

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    That sounds great count DB516 in. We brought it up at our meeting todayt and everybody seems excited about it.
    Would you be interested in having AeroSith do our act? --Billy

3. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I would absolutely LOVE it!

4. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    This sounds like the sort of event at which AeroSith would work well. Do you know where you'll be holding the event?

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Great we'd love to play. Just let us know the details as they become available. --Billy

6. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Can some one briefly explain this whole thing to me? I was only able to get bits and pieces because that kid was talking so loud.

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, we don't know anything more than what Chris (Ladysith) posted since she (probably even her con company SWNYC, LLC) is organizing the mini con.

From what I know what was discussed at the meeting is the fact we were going to have a SW Day at Hollywood Video that Saturday, but now we are going to try to hold the event on the Friday, a day earlier than planned.

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Lets wait for more details. It will either be a party or a convention. Should be fun. --Billy

9. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    It will be a little of both hopefully.

I want to try to bring in a couple of guests if possible.

There is room for about 20-25 dealer tables which will cost 75.00 or less. I REALLY want to keep costs down for both admission and the tables because I really want this to be one big fan party!

Of course, I am sure someone will pop a dvd or 3 in the player in the lounge throughout the show. :D

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Sounds great. I think were looking forward to not having a fan club table at this one just so all of us can attend any events going on - and we can concentrate on setting up the AeroSith performance.
    Will there be any panels to look forward to? How about on costuming or the latest Star Wars rumors etc.

11. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    This will most likely have little or no commercial vendors.

Mostly fan tables either promoting groups or fans seeking to buy/sell or trade with other fans.

On the slate already is
    Lightsaber Building Workshop
    Spoil Me Rotten
    Star Wars Then And Now
    Costuming Workshop
    Trivia Contest

More to come

12. OhhhhhHan

OhhhhhHan Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2004
    Can AeroSith groupies set up their own table????
    ;)

13. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    That stuff sounds cool LadySith. I'll make an effort to be there.

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Ohhhan,
    I nominate you "head" of the AeroSith groupies. Anyone second?

15. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    this sounds fun to me as well. Where would somthing lie this be held?

16. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    I would love to hold it in NYC but it's too expensive!
    I am looking at a hotel in Saddle Brook NJ and unless someone has a better location, it will most likely be there. Admission cost for the weekend will be fairly low because I am not looking to make a profit, jut cover the expenses and since it's over the coarse of two days teaming up and sharing a hotel room is wise for those of us who watch our pennies.

Also

Taking opinions....

Do you prefer this event to be a strictly party atmosphere? Where we set up a few tables JUST FOR FANS to buy/sell/trade, with the emphasis being on panels and games, example...Lightsaber Building Workshop, Costuming Workshop, Costume Contest, fan art display/contest/sale, fan fiction discussion and readings, Star Wars Discussion and trivia games with the possibility of having RPGs over two days in between watching various DVD's fans might bring :D With a theme party Saturday night open to all ages.

Or do you prefer the standard collectibles show with dealers to purchase from. The space is too small to do both so I

I ask because the space is too small to have both, so I am polling all interested clubs and groups.

Thanks for your help!

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I definitly prefer the party / panels and events stuff. We can shop dealers at any other Cons. Having a mostly Star Wars con is rare.
    Lets go over the top on Star Wars!

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Any new news on this? I'm suspecting this mini con is being overshadowed by this Times Square DVD release celebration that is being planned -- or are they one in the same now? --Billy

19. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    As far as I know they're still separate. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.