main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN original trilogy site

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Maul 1277, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Hi everybody.

Please go to thi site www.original trilogy.com and sign the petition to get the OT out on dvd. I totally agree with theguy doing this site that while the special/super special editons shoud make it to DVD the original versions should be there too.

charlie

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I signed it. I will buy it no matter which version comes out (I just want DVD), but In a perfect world it would be the orriginal release.

3. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Personally, I don't think a petition is going to do it. We all know that Lucas is not about giving the fans what they want but rather doing whatever the heck HE wants. (Rest of post deleted as it degenerates into Book Club style Lucas bashing.)

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hopefully Lucas will see the dollar $ign$ and release both versions.

And in the archival edition...GREEDO DOES NOT SHOOT FIRST!

Seriously, the DVD will probably be the archival edition only. We know he is not done tinkering with them...

5. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    <<<<<Seriously, the DVD will probably be the archival edition only. We know he is not done tinkering with them... >>>>>

That's the problem that I have with Lucas these days. While I agree that they are his stories and his visions for the films I think it stinks that he is just discounting the feelings of many fans. The FANS are the ones who Bought the tickets in the first place which enabled him to make the special editions. There was an interesting rant on the digital bits (www.thedigitalbits.com) the other day where the guy who runs the site was saying how he is through with all things Star Wars because of Lucas'atitude. While I would never (I couldn't if I tried) be finished with SW I see his point and it really aggervates me that Lucas refuses to see his fans point of view of this subject. Thoughts???

6. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    He doesn't have to care about us. He has his money and knows we will still buy it however it is released. It's his trilogy so he will just do as he pleases. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.