main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Original (unaltered) SW Trilogy on DVD - 12 Sept 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    For those that haven't caught the news story yet...

LFL is releasing the original Star Wars Trilogy (i.e. unaltered/un-special edition) on DVD this September.

Here's hoping we can make a huge event out of this. I just hope my sister won't be too upset that I'll probably be missing the traditional family dinner for her birthday. [face_blush]

~Doc_Bev

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    =D= =D= YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

[face_dancing] [face_devil] :D

3. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Doc_Bev,

I'm so glad you posted the news on this. I was wondering if all y'all Rochester fans had heard yet.

I signed the petition at http://www.originaltrilogy.com years ago and have always been one of the fans hoping to have the original versions on DVD. [I own a THX Letterboxed/Widescreen version of the original versions on VHS but no DVD yet.]

I never believed in depriving fans of the "Special Editions" or altered versions but I was unhappy that fans like myself were deprived of the original versions. In my humble opinion, the fans should have a choice! I must confess to thinking it's cool that both versions will be available in the DVD set. [At least, that's the way it sounds in the article I read.........]

In brief, I am super happy about this news.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Now one year old!

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thats great. What a surprise though. Sounds like something you would read somewhere on April fools. I am surprised. I really did think that George was really putting his foot down on this one and keeping it down. Then again I guess it was just a matter of time. I am glad he changed his mind of course. I am hoping it was because he finally realized the significance of the original versions and not so much about money. That would make sense though if it was because of that mostly. All that money people have been making off of them illegally and they are not getting any of it. The only thing that matters in the long run is that its being done, I guess. It would be such a shame if it never did. I just hope it is cheaper then the fan copies I invested in before. It was worth it though.

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I read the news article this afternoon and came up here to post... I don't know why I thought I might be the first to post it... what a silly thought given this group :)

Regardless... I'm very pleased.

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Another party? :D I'm split on the O-OT. I like it, but it should have been done with the 04 release to make that boxset more substantial. We could've had an 8-Disc Set.

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Yes! It sounds like both versions will be in each set, at about $30 a set. I did want to replace my VHS tapes because they were wearing out, but wanted the originals. (Han shot first, wouldn't have it any other way!) Yet I do like the new endings of ROTJ better than the originals. Now I can get the best of both! As C3PO would say, "Wonderful!" [face_dancing]

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the FanForce side of the house dm1. Do you live in the area?

~Doc_Bev

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Welcome to our board dm1

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry, no, I used to live in NJ, but now I'm in the Midwest. I just saw this
    subject line and got excited, then I saw where it was from! I hope that's ok... [face_worried]

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Perfectly fine.
    Stop in anytime!

Some of us travel regularly to other boards to read posts and comment on them.
    Guests are always welcome here. :)

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry dm1 didn't mean to make it seem like you could only post here if you were from here. I was just excited that you might be a new fan in the area that we hadn't met yet. Feel free to post here anytime.

~Doc_Bev

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Understood, and thanks for the welcome!

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just bumping this thread up to let folks know that I'm still working on contacting the store manager for the soon to be opening Best Buy in Greece about doing an event for this.

~Doc_Bev

P.S. Wingnut could you edit your "YES!" post up above so this thread isn't so wide?

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Spoke w/ the store manager for the Greece Best Buy today.
    So far she definitely wants costumers for the ribbon cutting ceremony to open their store on Friday Sept 8th at 10am.
    She'll be getting back to me on definites for other events which will probably be sometime during the weekend of Sept 9th-10th and the evening of Sept 12th.

~Doc_Bev

16. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I'd definitely love to come up and do something with you guys for the release of the DVDs, but unfortunately 10am on Friday is out of the question as I have class until noon. Let me know what is happening for sure as we get closer and I'll try and get my armor re-weathered for the weekend and for Tuesday.

EDIT:: Oh and by the way, I'm back. :D

17. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    fridays are usally my day of so probanly count me in. ps i might have a little one ith me though

18. Wa-Sabe

Wa-Sabe Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2006
    We won't be able to make the opening on Friday or anything on that weekend.
    But we will be back in time if something is going on for the DVDs

19. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004

YEA! Zac's back!

20. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    I found out that I have to work on Satday from 5PM 'til 3am, so I'd be up for doing something durring the day on Satday, or in the evening on Sunday, but Tuesday is a go for sure. Hope to see you guys soon.

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For folks that haven't heard yet - there's no Best Buy events going on at the Greece store this weekend.

However, we are scheduled to appear from 6pm-9pm on Tuesday Sept 12th for the DVD release.

I still need to confirm that we will have a changing/storage area.

For folks that have multiple costumes, please try to pick one that is from the Original Trilogy if possible. For those without costumes, please consider coming to help us out. We can always use help taking pictures and talking to customers about the clubs.

Please post here if you're able to make it and/or if you have any questions about the event.

Here's the volunteer list so far based on posts:
    (updated 09/12/06 at 8:45am)

Definite:
    Doc_Bev (sans younglings)
    KnightShade
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    Ryan G.
    theGreatSot
    SWF-JPB
    Nevets
    TD-2709
    TX4277

Tentative:
    Diane W.

Unable:
    Wa-Sabe x2

Unknown:
    Wingnut

~Doc_Bev

P.S. Welcome back theGreatSot!

22. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Daria & I are in

23. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Did theGreatSot need crash space for the night?

24. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome quys!

I shouldn't need crash space for the night, as I've got an 8:20 class, so, I'll most likely be leaving right after we get done. It isn't too far of a drive (just over an hour). I can't wait to see you guys!

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Oh, so no Midnight Deal, thats good. I can make it Tuesday 6-9 at Best Buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.