main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Origins: Matthew Berger and John Rose

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    Los Angeles

John swore under his breath as seemingly every paparazzi camera and news van in Los Angeles reared their ugly lenses. This was a simple back alley crime, or so it should've appeared, why was everyone so interested in it? This was the last thing a guy like John needed. Attention. It was why he quit the basketball team. It was why he kept a close knit group of loyal friends and refrained from becoming popular. But all it took was one psychopath with a gun to bring all that down, at least temporarily.

"John!" John's mom hollered as she and her husband made their way through the crowd of reporters and journalists. Laurie was no pushover, and John was sure that if any of the reporters were planning to use this footage there would have to be some serious censorship for the profanities hurled in their directions.

John finally met his parents, and Laurie quickly hugged him as his father, Paul, stood by, a pale worried look on his face. John winced from the pain in his ribs.

"Easy Laurie," Paul said. "He's all right."

"Patrick told me what happened," Laurie said quickly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," John reassured her. "You should see the other guy." This got a small chuckle from Paul, which was quickly stifled as he remembered the severity of the situation.

"Come on, we're taking you home," Laurie began to usher John through the mob before she looked back at the mustached officer. "Do you have everything you need?"

Tag: Blu

2. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

Kathy winced in pain. Her headache was worsening, and she could feel blood from her wounds spreading wetly across her stomach.

"Okay, whatever." she grunted, drawing her mental probe back. "but you two have got a hell of a lot of explaining to do."

Looking around, Kathy could see no discernible way of escaping the carnage.

"So get me out of here."

[TAG Blu]

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    TOP SECRET

SUBJECT NAME: Lensherr, Erik (unverified)
    SUBJECT DOB: 6 June 1930 (unverified)
    SUBJECT APPEARANCE: Male, 4 feet 2 inches, black hair, blue eyes (Medical examiner's note: extremely emaciated and malnourished. Will need close care and supervision for recovery.)

SUBJECT BLOOD TYPE: AB+ (Medical examiner: We're lucky here, he may need a transfusion.)
    SUBJECT MEDICAL HISTORY: Mostly unknown. We do know young Erik was on the receiving end of more than one beating, thankfully nothing too extreme - considering what we've seen. He's malnourished, but he'll survive. The boy's been tattooed, an unfortunate mark that will remain as a reminder of his time in the camp. Thank god it didn't get infected.

SUBJECT PSYCH ANALYSIS: He's been traumatized, that much is plain - from his fractured German we know his parents met their ends in the camp. He's terrified of everything, even us, but he's opening up. Lensherr - we assume that's his name - displays a pronounced fear of abandonment. He also will staunchly refuse to give up cutlery once we've given it to him for meals; I'm not talking about a desire to hold a knife, some sort of obsession with self-defence, but a desire to hold on to something as useless as a spoon. I can't fathom it - perhaps he needs to touch it? Is it the metal? Other than that, he's extremely quiet and cries often. He speaks quietly to Rogers, the solider who rescued him, though, so there is some hope. I think he smiled the other day.

TOP SECRET INFORMATION FOLLOWS

SUMMARY: The obsession with the cutlery has proven quite odd, but we believe it has something to do with the metal. Most observers have noted Lensherr's odd affinity for the substance, and some have sworn that he has physically moved objects without touching them. We believe he is unaware of this talent, or perhaps that it manifests itself in relation to his emotional stability (i.e; make him angry, and it is likely to act as a defense mechanism).

CASE 1: Subject presented with metal coins of various compositions; iron, steel and nickel. In all cases movement was observed, though nickel took longer.

CASE 2: To test the relationship of emotion to the manifestation of his talents, Erik was brought to the mess hall where a cook was working animatedly with a cleaver. We observed Erik's eyes to go wide and a distinct reluctance to enter the kitchens. When finally coaxed inside, the cook's cleaver flew from the counter at which he worked into a nearby sink. As unlikely as it looked, the cook was convinced he'd lost his grip, though my assistant swears the flying cleaver coincided with a particularly violent flinch from Erik.

CASE 3: The most obvious documented instance of Erik's talents at work. When passing through a gate on his own, observers (the good Dr. Hawley himself) saw the door swing shut behind Erik of its own accord. In his own words, it "pulled itself closed as quickly as if someone had swung it." He reported no wind and fine weather in general that day.

4. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Los Angeles

The mustache police officer shook his head. ?No ma?am, not entirely, but I can see that the boy?s had a rough day. You can take him home and we will call you later.? He had some of his fellow officers that had arrived to clear a path for the families to leave. He then immediately began to clear the parking lot of reporters. The museum was still open and the other kids would have to be getting back to school. But, something about the kid?s story didn?t fit and he would find out what soon enough.

-----
    After John would have arrived home, the phone calls to his house, some to his cell, began to pour in. There were reporters asking for an interview, the Principle had called, teachers, friends, and surprisingly the Mayor?s office. Everyone wanted a piece of the story of the young hero who had put a deadly criminal back behind bars. His phone would vibrate around 8 that night. It was from Stacy. He might question how she had gotten his number, but with all the calls they had been receiving, it may not matter that much.

Hey, it?s Stacy. I wanted to thank you for 2day. I dont know what would have happened if you had not shown up?You saved our lives John.?

There was a knock at the door. It was the mustached police officer. He was smiling, happily, but when Laurie opened the door he quickly recovered his demeanor. ?Yes ma?am, I need to talk to your son, privately please.? The officer waited until John was brought downstairs and quietly asked: ?You said you picked up the gun and shot at Jack Napier, correct? Well, I ran forensics on the gun. Only Jack Napier?s fingerprints were found on the weapon. Care to explain that, John??

Tag: Reynar

------
    New York City

?Indeed we do.? Kathy?s mom held her hand to the roof of the tunnel and black tentacles touched the roof and opened a hole; a hole that reached all the way to the surface, without destroying any parts of the tunnel. It was as if the tunnel in the spot where Kathy?s mom was pointing as had become intangible. They began to rise and not at a moment too late because just then bullets began to fly at them. ?These guys really know how to keep a trail. Bloodhounds, the lot of them.?

They sped through the hole, all the way through the surface and then, in the middle of Times Square, rose above all the traffic, lights, and people and sounds in a ball of energy. Herman smiled at the childish figure. ?You?ve been practicing haven?t you??

The figure smiled. ?Yes.?

?You don?t care about people seeing us.? Herman asked.

Kathy?s mom cocked her head to the side. ?Somewhat, but I doubt they will be able to at the speed we?re moving. The day is coming soon when the world will learn of our existence anyway. Extremely soon, I can feel it.?

-----
    They arrived at the mansion within a quarter of an hour, having covered hundreds of miles. They were in the country. The door opened and Doctor Stephen Strange stood there, medical tools in hand. ?Yesh, I shee you have arrived rite un time.?

[image=http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_The_Wild_Thornberrys/2002_the_wild_thornberrys_movie_018.jpg]

Herman carried Kathy to a couch in the living room, a living room three times the size of her apartment and the Doctor began to tend to her wounds. Herman turned and looked at the childish figure. ?I think we should tell her the whole story now.?

Kathy?s mom nodded, but began walking upstairs. ?I will tell her, but I have to rejoin my body first.?

Herman eyed the young lady. She was just like him. That was important to him, they would have much to discuss in the days to come, should she choose to stay with them. ?Oh, I?m sorry; I didn?t introduce myself in all the confusion. My name is Herman Hawthorne, psychic. This is Doctor Stephen Strange, master of otherworldly magic.?

?I woush haudly conshider itsh otherworldly, Herman.? The Doctor spoke up and looked up from addressing the shards of glass in Kathy?s stomach, raising an eyebrow and smile at the younger man and Kathy.

?What is your name

5. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

"Jean." Kathy lied. "Jean Grey." There was no way in hell she was going to give these weirdos her real name. If this Herman character really was psychic... well, lying would be pointless, but Kathy was far from happy with her current situation and any chance to aggravate these people was welcome.

She winced as the doctor pulled out a shard of glass from her stomach.

"Tell me why you sent a gunman to hold my railway carriage hostage." she said angrily. "That part of your plan to keep me alive?"

[TAG blu]

6. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Herman smiled as the woman gave them a false name. He did not need to read her mind to know that she was lying; it was written on her face. But when she brought up the gunman he frowned. So she had been able to feel him as well.

"That's a little complicated. We didn't send that gunman, he was being manipulated by a powerful psychic by the name of Emma Frost. She used to be part of our team but left to join a team of powerful superhumans, mutants as some call them. She has been going all over the country causing crimes and disasters by manipulating weak minded individuals. We have been tracking her, it just so happened that you happened to be on the train when she decided to make her next move."

Tag: Livi-Wan

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Becoming Solid: 1 of 3

Matthew Berger
    New York 2003

Before they went up he bought some chocolate bars and then opened to door to his Brooklyn apartment for Olivia. ?Tell me more.? He asked her to elaborate on the Government project. He hardly listened, as they went up as he knew what was coming and felt most uncomfortable about it. When they arrived at his flat he walked to opposite door and put the bars in front of it. ?for the kid over there.? He smiled. ?his mother gave up her work and they are a bit struggling.? He explained. He did not mention the woman had been a Hooker. Olivia probably would have judged her and Amy was actually one of the best mothers and sweetest women he knew. He supported her whenever he could without being to offensive.

As they entered the flat he smiled. Home. It was home. Everywhere lay scientific books and the floor was covered with formulas. 2I think I can throw away most of this, can I?? he smiled and allowed Olivia to enter. It was then that he realized they would not kiss. Not immediately, after all. They would talk. He saw it in her eyes. The question she had probably asked herself came up and he wondered what actually was the answer.
    ?What is wrong with me?? He repeated it and looked at his numb hand. Then he sighed. ?I think it is called post-traumtic stress syndrome. Olivia it is just, I sleep terribly, I feel weak t days and even if the doctors talk about how healthy I am I feel . . . exhausted. Give me a few days. I´ll be back to normal. I promise.? He looked at her. Deep into her eyes. Oh God did he wanted to embrace her. To kiss her. All he said was: ?Give me a few days. A few days, please.? She nodded and smiled. Then she stepped forth and kissed his cheek. ?Of course. Sorry, I just . . .?
    ?You´re concerned. I know.? He smiled back. Her scent, he could smell her. That had not vanished. He allowed her to leave, anyway. Promising coffee for the next day. Or even a drink. She left without a word. Her eyes said it all, though . . .

Jack Daniels. Actually he had never understood what American´s found tasty about it, until this day. He preferred Single Malt. Lagavulin. Balvenie. Probably he was a snob to do it. But he drank for pleasure,for taste. This night in a little bar in the east of Brooklyn he realized what Jack Daniels was good for. To get drunk. Very drunk. Very fast. He poured down his fourth glass and the barkeeper gave him a concerned look. Nice guy it seemed. ?Believe me if you knew about my last few days what I know, you would give it to me for free. I just need to get drunk, okay?? He gave him his keys and twenty bucks and smiled. ?If I get embarrassing or just can´t talk anymore, call me a cab. I´ll get my keys tomorrow, okay?? The Barkeeper smiled and nodded. ?guess if this one of those days, next ones on the house!? He gave him more and Matthew kept on drinking. His head felt something. After all. He was even looking forward to the damned hangover.

His drunken gaze fell to a guy at the end of the bar. Pool billiard. They were obviously ripping of a young lad and his lady. He had problems paying the fifty bucks they owed him. Three guys against one. A student maybe. Probably a colleague. Looked like a chemist. Physist? Probably.

?I pay for him.? Matthew pushed the words out of his mouth and approached them. The Barkeeper gave him a look and shook his head. Matthew ignored him. He felt like trouble. Fear. He could feel fear, could he? ?No need, little man. We just agreed his girl can work of his debt.? The man was tall, stinking, muscular. He looked like he could do bad things to people. Matthew smiled at him. ?A hundred bucks and you let them go.? He looked at him and had a drink. ?Did you not hear me, four-eyes? We said you shall piss off!? The second man, smaller, meaner, with a billiard stick in his hand approached. Matthew wondered what Billiard sticks were called. The guy used as a lance to push Matthew. Matt felt nothing. Not even being pushed. He laughed out. ?Liste

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper

"So this Emma Frost woman is what, like you but less keen to make friends?"

Kathy sighed, then regretted it as pain lanced out from her wounds. It was mighty convenient that Herman had another psychic to blame for the gunman, but she had to start taking something he said at face value eventually. So far, all these people had done was be a bit creepy. Maybe she should give them a chance. It'd be nice not to have to lie about her powers for a while.

"Why are you so keen on me? Is it because I'm a... a psychic? Like you?" It felt weird to say it out loud. "I warn you now, I'm not dressing up in spandex and fighting dudes with buckets on their heads."

[TAG blu]

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Steve Rogers
    A New York suburb, Late March, 1941

Steve breathed a sigh of relief as he slumped over in his chair. It wasn't exactly the most glamorous excuse in the world - comic books? That was kids' stuff. This was basically the artistic equivalent of admitting you really, really needed a job. But it had served its purpose of getting Miss Lane convinced that the pink man wasn't actually anything she should be concerned about.

Actually, Steve was still having a bit of trouble believing that any of this was happening. It all seemed so surreal.

And that's when the ring began glowing.

"Aw, hell, what've I got to lose?" Steve thought aloud, as he slipped the emerald circle over his finger.

"Power levels depleted. Recharge needed."

"What the hell?!"

"Power levels depleted. Recharge needed."

"You... can talk?"

"Yes, Green Lantern Recruit of Sector 2814, I am capable of communication. Power levels depleted. Recharge needed."

"Oh, right, the uh... lantern..." He picked up the lantern. "Okay, now wh..."

He looked from the lantern, to the ring, back to the lantern. And somehow - whether it was the ring, whether it was him, he would never know for sure - but somehow he knew what he had to do. He set the lantern on the coffee table in front of him.

"In brightest day."

He stood up.

"In blackest night."

He extended his arm.

"No evil shall escape my sight."

He placed the ring inside the lantern.

"Let those whose worship evils might..."

The glowing grew steadily brighter.

"Beware my power..."

"Green Lantern's light!"

TAG: Blu

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There will be no apologies for the double post - a Character Sheet of this magnitude demands a post apart. It has been approved by Blubeast in the customary manner, laying the groundwork for the foundations of a new era!

Name: Only a fool would dare have the audacity to call me by my birth name of Victor von Doom!
    Alias: You will only address me as Doctor Doom. Doom will suffice, but only in those situations where where you are screaming it in terror.
    Age: Doom's physical years need not concern you. Know only that I am in my prime.

Appearance:
    [image=http://ui32.gamespot.com/1951/doom_2.jpg]
    Doom's true visage is not fit for mortal eyes. The damage caused by that accursed Richards is too repulsive.

Powers: Think you that the Lord of all Latveria has the time to describe his numerous and varied talents? Such egotistical raving is beneath the imminently humble Doom. Look you to this description on the Pedia of Wikis, and know that I am more than your match.

Background: Doom will deign to inform you of his backstory. This is indeed a rare privilege - do not look upon this favor lightly. It has been recorded by the most talented biographers in all Latveria, and is reproduced here for your benefit.

Victor von Doom, was born to the Zefiro travelers Werner and Cynthia in Latveria, a small European country which grew out of Hungary and was ruled by King Vladimir Vassily Gonereo Tristian Mangegi Fortunov, Baron of Sabbat, Baron of Haasen, Baron of Krozi. I barely knew his mother, a witch who had invoked the demon Mephisto for power, which raged out of control before she was finally slain by a soldier. Before dying, she asked Werner to protect young Victor from Mephisto. Victor's father, a doctor, was forced to treat King Vladimir's wife. When Werner could not cure her cancer, Vladimir blamed him for his wife's death, and Werner fled with Victor. Werner died from exposure to the cold while protecting his son. Before dying, Werner placed Victor into the care of his best friend, Boris, and tried to warn his son of the fearful life he foresaw him falling into, but he died before he could make Victor understand.

Discovering his mother's mystical artifacts, Victor schooled himself in sorcery. He began an annual contest against the might of Mephisto, attempting to set his mother's soul free. By the time he was a teenager, he had also become a scientific genius and used his inventions to wage a one-man war against the monarchy of Latveria, always a step ahead of them. His genius was heard of even in America, and he was invited to New York's Empire State University on a scholarship. Victor had been in love with Boris' granddaughter Valeria, but he left her behind as his desire to acquire knowledge and the means to seek revenge on others consumed him.

Arriving at State, Doom was greeted by Reed Richards, a fellow student who was interested in rooming with him, but Doom rejected his offer of friendship. Throughout his university days, Doom pursued a rivalry with Richards, convinced of his own superior intellect. Doom's greatest invention was a machine designed to rescue his mother's soul from the netherworld. Richards tried to warn him of a flaw in his calculations, but Doom was too proud to listen. He activated the machine and it exploded in his face, leaving him horribly scarred.

Dr. Doom then conquered Latveria, slaying King Vladimir, imprisoning his son Rudolfo, and having a robot duplicate of Rudolfo surrender the Latverian crown to him, after which he renamed the capital city, Haasenstadt, as Doomstadt. He has used his genius and technology to transform Latveria into a paradise where no citizen wants, no one is threatened by war, and all praise Doom - or face the consequences.

11. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Will get the rest of the updates out later. Feeling really meh.

?Emma was-?Herman began.

?We do not dress up in spandex. You seem to have been reading about the tabloid mutants and comic book heroes. No, we are far from that?young lady.? The supremely confident voice came from the man who had just appeared in the grand entrance to the living room.

[image=http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/27/2774/4VLTD00Z.jpg]

?We are an organization known as Leviathan, a group of super powered humans dedicated to the goal of peace.?

Herman decided to answer the woman?s questions while looking at the gentleman who had just appeared. ?Yes, I am, as you put it, keen on you. Before Emma, I had never encountered and psychic with your level of skill. As you can probably imagine, it is lonely to think of yourself as the only person like you in the universe.?

?A feeling too many of our kind has known, Herman.? The gentleman brought them all cups of hot tea; at once, with dark hands protruding from his sides. ?I do not expect you to join our organization, young lady. But if you have ever wanted to be among your own kind, do some good in the world, and learn to understand and utilize your powers, then I will do all in my power to help you.?

The silent Doctor who had been quietly, yet adamantly, at work on Kathy?s belly began to apply bandages to her stomach. ?I have removed all the shards, but she is too tired for all of this tonight. Can?t you give the girl some hours to take this all in??

Herman nodded at the Gentleman, to which the man eyed them both cautiously before conceding. ?Very well, you are welcome to stay the night Ms?.I don?t think you have introduced yourself.? He berated.

Herman smiled. ?Her name is Jean?Jean Gray.?

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Erik

He ran.

With weak knees, he ran, and stumbled, moving forwards towards - what? Freedom.

Not that that word meant very much to him. He'd known precious little of it in his short fourteen years of life. Indeed, since he was eight years old things had been very limited, very controlled. To him, that was life - or was it? It was his life, past tense. The definition seemed perched on the verge of great change.

He didn't know the other prisoners too well - his parents had left him truly alone following their deaths - but those he knew well enough were running and fleeing with him. Some would lose their lives, but it was better to die in an escape attempt than to bend to lebensraum and the notions of "cleansing." His parents wouldn't have wanted him to give up - his father stared his executioners in the face, his jaw tight. He hadn't seen his mother's death.

There was knowledge that this would be over soon, one way or another, and that was invigorating, and liberating.

His fellows ran either to the woods, or to the newly arrived soldiers fighting his captors. They were the Allies, he knew that somehow, they were meant to be good - but he feared the uniforms.

He heard voices shouting in German, a language he knew as a birth tongue, and he heard other words, other accents he didn't understand. "The boy! Watch for the boy!" The words were strange, but he saw men shouting at him, fear in their eyes - fear for him, fear for his life. He ran harder, and saw in the near distance a strange green glow moving about.

All through this, his captors stared and swore as they fired at the running boy but no bullet touched his skin. They stopped and dropped to the ground or ricocheted off some unseen barrier protecting the lad.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    Rose Residence; Los Angeles

John was simply irritated at this point. He and his parents had finally arrived home after dodging a parade of reporters, only to be bombarded by phone calls and emails from journalists itching for the next big story.

John flopped down on his back on the leather sofa in the living room. He pulled his phone from his pocket and turned the screen on.

Text: P.J. (4)
    Text: Jake (2)
    Text: Leo
    Text: +1 (310) 555-1138
    Text: Holly
    Text: Dylan (3)
    Text: +1 (213) 555-7755 (2)
    Text: Jamie

John had never seen so many messages on his phone. He had too much of a headache to reply to any of them, so he just locked the screen once again and set it on his stomach and closed his eyes.

Hahahahahaha!!!

John's eyes darted open as he awoke from a soft vibrate on his stomach. Reorienting himself after a two hour nap he hadn't planned on taking (his dad unplugged the phone lines to keep the house quiet), he checked the screen. Another text from a number he didn't recognize. He slid it open and read the message.

Hey, it?s Stacy. I wanted to thank you for 2day. I dont know what would have happened if you had not shown up?You saved our lives John.

John read the message over a few times, and started to type out a response. What to say...

No problem. Glad you and Hannah are safe. How are you doing?

He read it over a few times before finally hitting the send button, and just as he did there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Laurie said, setting her laptop down on the sofa opposite John's and heading to the door. She looked through the peephole. "It's the policeman from earlier." John's heart skipped a beat as the door opened.

"Can we help you?" Laurie asked politely.

"Yes ma?am, I need to talk to your son, privately please."

John winced, and sat himself up on the sofa.

"Sure," Laurie said. "Come on in. I'll go check how Paul is doing with dinner."

John didn't bother getting up as the officer nodded to his mom and approached him. The mustached man took a seat next to John on the sofa and waited until Laurie was out of earshot before speaking.

"You said you picked up the gun and shot at Jack Napier, correct? Well, I ran forensics on the gun. Only Jack Napier?s fingerprints were found on the weapon. Care to explain that, John?"

Well, you see officer, I was born with the ability to move physical objects with my mind, and I used this ability to beat the **** out of a man who was about to kill a couple of attractive female students who I now probably have a good chance of realizing dreams with.

John scratched his head. "I don't know, maybe there was a malfunction with the machine that scans the prints or something. Why?"

14. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Name: Heather King

Alias: Shifty

Appearance:

Her True Image
    [image=http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/aishwarya-rai.jpg]

Super Power: Shape-shifter. She can change into any other person, or animal. If she duplicates a person, she can also take on their clothing. She has been known use her power for more selfish and cruel objectives, though she is undecided in the hero/villain dillema.

Weakness: The only way to access the shape-shifting is to touch the person she wishes to duplicate.She can only stay in the same body for seven hours. If she remains in the same body, headaches, nausea, and dizziness happen. She may also begin to to sizzle and shake, her image becoming something like an old television screen.

15. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York, 70 Years Ago

There was a blinding flash of Green light and energy surged into Steve Rogers? body. It was exhilarating, power that before him no human had ever felt so the feeling may have been indescribable with the human English language. And then the ring seem to take control of his arm, raising it to the sky and shooting a green beam of energy through the roof that would seem as if it extended forever.

All of this happened in less than a second.

Then there was nothing; silence. Relative silence, at least, because of course the residential area sounds continued as normal. It seemed that no one had taken notice of the lightning fast event that had taken place. There was a hole in Steve Rogers? roof, however, but surely he could get the government to take care of that.

------
    The truck rumbled up and down on the dirt road. Only Steve Rogers knew whether he had gotten a good sleep or not and whether the alien life form had received a proper burial by his successor. However, the military clad officials were oblivious of the previous night?s events. They were only concerned with the security of the experiment that was about to take place and, of course, the experiment?s subject. The process had been long and now they were anxious for the day?s important event.

The truck came to a halt and the officers looked at Steve Rogers. ?Let?s get you in there, Mr. Rogers.? They walked into the military base and Steve may have been surprised to see that it was relatively empty. But as the officers led him downstairs, the real show would be shown to him. There were many white coated researchers and military troops, heavily armed, bustling around. A beautiful woman came to greet them.

?I?ll take him from here boys.? She gave Steve a wink and a smile and pivoted on her heel to begin walking down another series of tunnels before they approached a room with a casket-like capsule in the middle of the room with many Generals and black suited men staring down at him from windows above the room, protective windows no doubt. Only some of them showed even the slightest notion that he had arrived and they quickly nudged and whispered to other members until, eventually, all eyes were on the young man. The researcher that had chosen him grinned widely as he shuffled his way to Steve energetically. He was excited.

?Steve, my boy, today is the big day. Quickly undress and get into the capsule. We will begin soon.?

[image=http://www.glamzzle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/captain-america-experiment-apparatus.jpg]

Tag: Ramza

------
    Latveria, 6 Months Ago

Rudolfo?s robot duplicate had been the target of assassination by rogue elements in Latveria, because they were angry he had turned the country over to the maniacal Victor von Doom. A car bomb had been used, but once the smoke cleared, the robot duplicate had been discovered. The rebels publicized this and half the country had revolted and a civil war had been initiated, with the Rebels seeking to find Rudolfo and restore him to power, even taking the name ?Rudolfo?s Runners.? The rebels would normally have been crushed easily, but they were led by a ruthless mercenary known as Deathstroke, a man who had led the massacres of hundreds of the Latverian Army.

Needless to say, the war was not going well for Victor von Doom as he faced in Deathstroke a man of cold, calculating stunts rivaled Doom?s, though Doom would never admit it. The mercenary had pushed the forces back to the capital city and was now marching his soldiers towards the outskirts, boasting on how he would behead Doom himself and parade his skull in Ripley?s Museum in London.

It was now as the UN were holding their conference over whether or not to interfere in the conflict on the television that the Notorious Doom would receive a page from his head of Military Research and Development, Lars Jacques. ?Sir, the project has been completed. The suit is ready for combat.? This project Doom had ordered?may be the only thing that could stop Deathstroke?s victory.

Tag

16. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper/'Jean Grey'

"You named your mutant group after a sea monster?" Kathy muttered, taking the tea gingerly from the shadowy hand that proffered it. She'd had a thing for monsters when she was twelve- it beat hanging out with other kids on the block, anyway. Her emerging powers had made it difficult to talk to anybody without unconsciously reading their mind.

"I suppose there's no chance of you taking me home?" she asked, getting up and wincing at the pain. "I might be lonely, mister, but I'm not desperate. I've lived with this power for twenty-five years. I'm not a hero, and frankly I could care less about abstracts like world peace. But-" she sighed. "I am curious about why I'm this way. And for that reason, I'll think about it. But right now, you are really freaking me out, and I'd like to go home now please."

[TAG blu]

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose

"No, I am sorry, John. There was... no, there is no evidence of you ever holding that weapon. So, you lied once and you're lying now." The mustached police officer rubbed a finger across his mustache, thinking. "What happened to his nose, John? And before you lie again, let me demonstrate how good at my job I am: Your fingerprints were not on the weapon. Jack Napier sustained severe fractures to his face, no doubt caused by said weapon, because you have no bruises on your hands consistent with his injuries. Now, while one could say that Jack Napier caused the injuries to himself, judging from the reports the girls gave, he was in complete control of himself and I find it hard to believe he would give himself the nasty wounds he has."

John heard a plate drop and shatter on the floor in the kitchen and the unmistakable sound of profanity from his mother. The officer didn't flinch, merely leaned forward, his eyes focused on John's face.

"Now, what happened John? And I mean what really happened in that alley?"

John didn't flinch either. Unlike some of his friends at school who probably would've wet their pants by now, he wasn't a pushover. "I told you what happened," he said. "What do you care anyway? I saved two girls' lives today and gave you a psycho to put behind bars. I can't understand why you're so concerned over the how. I told you what I remember, the girls told you what they remember I guess... I don't see the problem."

Tag: Eiffel 65

18. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007

The gentleman nodded his head while Herman stood up, shocked. ?Why-?Herman began, but he was, again, cut off by the gentleman.

?No, Herman, if she wishes to leave, then we are not ones to stop her.? The gentleman closed his eyes and his brows furrowed. His body pulsated and the dark hands suddenly belonged to an overall dark creature that had just separated from the man?s body. At first, it appeared to be identical to the gentleman, somewhat of a dark clone, but then it changed into Kathy?s mother again.

?Make it fast this time, Kai.? The gentleman said as he, now sweating and a bit exhausted, took a seat in the nearest chair to him. Kathy?s mother nodded at the gentleman. ?I will.? A dark bubble enveloped Kathy and her mom. Herman raised his hand at Kathy, ?Um?Take care of yourself, Jean.? Then they were gone. Herman turned to the gentleman now. ?We shouldn?t have just let her go.?

?What would you have had me do? Hold her here hostage? No.?

?Of course not, but?? Herman trailed off.

?I?m sorry, but not everyone we meet will join our cause. We can only wait and see.?

------
    New York City

The trip back was the same amount of time as the trip before. Kathy?s mother lowered them onto the sidewalk. ?I do not know where you live, but you should be able to get a taxi.? She then rose back up in the air and was gone.

Tag: Livi-wan(feel free to advance to the next day)

------
    Los Angeles

He was trying to depreciate the situation. A common defense when someone felt cornered. The mustached police officer was getting to the young man, he knew it. He leaned back and raised an eyebrow. ?The problem is you lied to an officer, twice, about a very serious situation. And I?m concerned over the how because it is my job to be concerned over the how. I?m going to take you in for questioning. Maybe a change of scenery and a charge for obstructing justice will help you reach your more truthful ends.?

The officer stood up and began to walk towards John, but stopped; his smile grew sly. He pulled a cell phone out and called someone, rubbing his mustache with the phone to his ear. ?Hey, I?m going to need patrol cars to pick up Stacy Hoelscher and Hannah Doucet. I?ve come across evidence that may need us to question them again. Yea, thanks, I?m bringing in John Rose as well?Yes?Okay, will be there in 10 minutes.?

The officer looked at John again. ?Do you really want to bring those two?poor, still shaken up girls into this, John? You do pretty well under interrogation, those girls however??

19. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: John Rose

John shook his head. Son of a *****. He knew he shouldn't hate cops, but dammit if every single one John came across in his life wasn't a complete ****.

"Wait," he said, his eyes closed as he breathed a deep sigh. "Call them off. You don't need to bring them back into this. I'll tell you what you want to know, but call those patrol cars off."

20. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City
    The Next Day

It had been a strange morning for Kathy. Not as strange as yesterday, for sure- she'd eventually stumbled home near midnight, collapsed on her bed, and slept straight through her alarm- but still odder than usual. For one thing, when she'd called to tell work she was going to be later her boss had granted her compassionate leave for a few days to recover from the train accident. It was still all over the news, although none of the reports mentioned monsters. Kathy spent the morning scouring the tv and internet for more information, but of course she couldn't find anything.

Regret gnawed at her constantly. Sure, this Leviathan group had been all kinds of shifty, but they had treated her wounds with care and skill, and they'd offered to help her with her powers. Her headache from the other day still lingered- could she ever learn to read minds without it? Maybe even control them?

The questions were too much. Kathy took a deep breath and concentrated, opening her mind wider than she'd ever tried before, searching for that familiar presence.

Hello? Herman? It's... Jean. I want to talk about training my powers.

[TAG blu]

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Erik

Erik picked up on the repeated chorus of America and joined in as the man they were referring to approached. He wanted to thank him, to grab hold of him, to hug him and not let go - he'd saved Erik's life.

He stood carefully, ignoring the offered water, and walked towards to the man with green lights. Erik's accent was German, though he was Roma. "America! America!" He was giddy with the adrenaline rush of the escape and had failed to notice the metal plate hovering along behind him. Soldiers and liberated prisoners alike stared as the young gypsy boy made his way over to the leader, the American.

He finally neared him and stumbled, dropping to his hands and knees, picking himself up slowly. He blinked in the early morning light, squinting into the man's face. "Danke! Danke!"

Tag: Blu, Ramza (if he wants to RP it)

22. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Los Angeles

The cop called the hounds off, all the while staring at John. "It is good to see you finally coming to the truth." The mustached officer sat back down on the couch opposite John and grinned. "Now, and this will be the last time I ask this question in a civil tone, what happened in that alley?"

------
    New York City

There was a delay, but eventually Kathy would feel a tug back on the end of the mental line that was connecting her to Herman. But the response came over, clear as if he was standing right in front of her. No, even more clear, as if he was in her mind, which, in some ways, he was. "Jean...That's good to hear. We can be there in a half hour. The trips last night took a lot out of him as you can imagine. How are you feeling?"

After her response, he would ask: "How far are your powers progressed? What can you do with them as of now, I mean?"

23. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

Kathy felt a surge of triumph as Herman contacted her. She'd done it! Grinning, she renewed her focus.

I'm alright. Your doctor friend did a good job.

"How far are your powers progressed? What can you do with them as of now, I mean?"

Straight to business. These guys sure were obsessed with her powers: mind you, not that she, a cashier at a second-rate supermarket, had anything else to offer. Kathy considered things for a moment.

Understand I've never really experimented with them before yesterday. She shuddered unconsciously, remembering the beast and the raw terror she'd felt. Right now, it looks like I can make people see things. Things that aren't really there. I, uh, made that monster think I was dead. Sometimes I can lift things- not very well, though. Usually it gives me headaches, or nosebleeds if I get really ambitious.

She paused.

And I can read minds, obviously.

Kathy didn't think it needed mentioning, but she wanted to be thorough.

[TAG blu]

24. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose

"It is good to see you finally coming to the truth." The mustached officer sat back down on the couch opposite John and grinned. "Now, and this will be the last time I ask this question in a civil tone, what happened in that alley?"

For a second, John wanted to test the cop. If he knew who he was threatening, he'd probably retract that previous statement. He saw the gun holstered at the man's side. All it took was one thought, and bam. But John wasn't a criminal. Sure, he had a temper every once in a while and didn't bother giving respect to those who didn't deserve it, but he had a moral code. If he didn't he wouldn't have saved those girls in the alley.

John scratched his head, trying to think of a way to explain what really happened. His eyes wandered around the living room and landed on the television remote set atop the coffee table in the middle of the room. And then he realized a visual explanation would be much more effective.

John pointed at the remote. "See that clicker?" He then turned his hand up with his palm facing the ceiling, and the remote slowly hovered towards the cop. It rose to the point where it was floating right in front of the officer's face, and John rotated it so that it was pointing right at his forehead, like he was ready to turn the channel on his face.

"Bang."

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Name: Cletus Kasady
    Alias: Parallel Carnage
    Job: Psychopath (Come join us, we get a great pension!)
    Appearance: Guess.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/hasbroheroes/images/f/f1/Carnage-cletus-kasady.jpg]

+

[image=http://www.thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Parallax.jpg]

=

You don't wanna know. But let's assume it's more like the former than the latter, just for sanity sake.

Most of the time, though, I like to wonder around looking like this:

[image=http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tbag4.jpg]

Because it really freaks 'em out.

Super Power: Parallel Carnage is a human imbued with a symbiote which allows him to kill things quite quickly, with the ability to induce fear and paranoia in whole populaces. Oh, and I have a flower which sprays acid, too.
    Weakness: Sound. Don't like that. Or heat. Sun-tans are my enemy. Oh, and I suppose I have an aversion to green. It's a small thing, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.