1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Science Fiction Origins: Matthew Berger and John Rose

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    New York City

"I'm okay, but sister's leg is broken!" Marric would hear a voice from the other side of the car say. The two sisters were teenagers, but the older one was the one that was injured. Both were crying as the younger sister, Jasmine, pulled her sister, Gina, from behind the car. The weight, he could tell, would be too much for Jasmine to carry out of the building on her own, especially in a rush. But, the creaks the old apartment building was beginning to make were becoming louder.

"Please, help us." Jasmine pleaded.

------
    The fire truck slowed to a crawl, but did not completely stop. The broad, burly yellow firefighter on the side reached out a hand and pulled Heather, his fellow firefighter, on to the truck with him. He then tapped the window to let the driver know to go. He turned to Heather. "We have injured civilians in the stores around the monster and the cops can't get in there. We're going to make several runs around the zone. I need you to get as many civilians to this point,"

He indicated on a map a small coffee shop. "As possible before we come back around. We'll try to make it as quick as possible. Who....Who knew something like this could even happen?" The truck stopped a few blocks away from where the green monster was fighting a man dressed in complete steel with a hammer. Immediately, Heather would notice an elderly woman, only a couple metres from the clash, hiding behind a car, crying. The truck slowed to a stop:

"Go, Go, GO!"

------
    Shocker leaned further over the edge. "Dammit, you're right." He pressed a finger to his ear. "Steel, that bastard is-"

"Yea, I...Can...See that." Steel's struggling voice came in over their headsets. Below, he was pressing his hammer in a downward swing towards the monster's face, but was being blocked and a struggle had ensued.

"LEAVE....HULK...ALONE!!"

Shocker shook his head. "This thing can talk?" But he quickly shut out his disbelief and resumed command, only to see Hulk punch Steel half a block and into the corner of a building. Shocker screamed, "John you okay?"

"Yea..." His breath had been taken away. "But...My suit can't...handle anymore hits like that."

Domino could see Shocker trying to run over scenarios in his head, trying to figure out a plan. "Okay, Nightcrawler, help John. Me and Doms will run interference." He turned to Domino and smiled, "Hey, Lady Luck, you going to be on my side today?" He turned on his gauntlets and jumped down to the street, firing a vibrational blast to mediate his landing. Then he fired a blast into the Hulk's back, sending him into a SUV.

Tag: Spycoder, Reynar, Yuul

------
    Los Angeles

"Hahahahah!" The gunman scurried away from the duck as it landed on the lawn and ran towards Jeb. He fired shots at the duck for fun, before dropping the gun, pulling a pickaxe from his waist and smashing into the barrier protecting Jeb. The barrier shattered and the man's elbow plowed into Jeb's sternum. "No, sir, now THAT is interesting."

Tag: Trimaj

------
    Los Angeles

Wally West scratched his head, trying to wrap his head around what exactly John'spower was before he laughed aloud. "Chief? Oh no, he's not like us. Well, he is, but he's old school. Like no powers, but still fights crime. He's the one that got us all connected. We were skeptical to join at first and my parents were like "hell no", but eventually they saw the good I could do and that Chief has taught me how to control my powers. I was...A wild child when I was younger."

A boyish grin spread across his face as he remembered the time he had kissed every girl at his 13th birthday party before any of them had a chance to register what happened. He then stood up. "If you want, I can take you tomorrow to meet the whole gang." He began jumping up and down, John's parents just stared, confused at the young boy. "You said you could bench 235...I'm about 160!!"

He then leapt across the table at John.

Tag: Reynar

------
    New York, 70 Years Ago

The green flash shined throughout the room and then silence. The Doc
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    Jeb
    Some street in Los Angeles

As the barrier was broken Jeb ended up with a very sore chest and sitting on the ground again. The shock from hitting the ground was very unpleasant because of the bullet wounds he'd already sustained. Sitting there dazed for a moment, Jeb was unsure who or what this bozo was. The only thing he knew was that he wanted him to bleed.

The duck disappeared and Jeb replaced it with a suit of armor around himself. Spikes protruded from a variety of places, knees, elbows, shoulders, face. Getting up, He charged at zippy and tried to wrap him up in a bear-hug. Crushing was not too good for the likes of him

TAG: BLU
  3. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Matthew Berger
    New York 2003, Bronx

He sat opposite of the living-complex and watched it burn. The heat had to be unbearable, but except when he breathed in, he did not feel it. And for his breath he had the suit.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110220103502/cnc/images/a/a5/CNCTS_GDI_Combat_Suit.png]

The screams of burning people were still in his ears, as he sat there. The glass of his suit was foggy now, as it had begun to melt. He had preferred something else, something military. But all he could get was this suit from the laboratory. He had needed it for the gas. Crystal Meth, Crack. It all were very unreliable substances. So was fuel when set on fire. Mixed with blood, like cows blood which you could get in any good butchery . . . it turned into something like a burning paste. If you set on fire in exploded and sticked to the victim. Chemistry for terrorists, they had called it back in the university. Matthew looked at his hand and saw it tremble with exhaustion. He had not set the men on fire, but their lab. Millions worth of drugs had burned. The men had done the rest. Firing with all they had, they had mostly killed each other. About a thousand bullets hat hit him though and despite the front part of the helmet he breathed through his suit was almost gone. Ripped of his body.
    With a bare torso he sat there and finally pushed the remains of his head. He had to cough and stood up. To his left a young man was lying. He had pulled him out of the fire. A member of the LosMags.

The man tried to grab his gun, but the burn-wounds at his arm were too much. Matthew, half naked but otherwise unharmed stood above him and looked down. ?How many of you died in there. Half? A quarter?? Matthew sat down. He took the gun of the mans belt and put it to his face. Without hesitating he pulled the trigger. Once, twice and then a third time. The bullets just hit him and fell of. He only felt pain in his ears, because of the noise. Looking at the gangmember who had spasmed frightened with every shot Matthew put the gun to his head and fired a fourth time.

?You leave Ally alone. Her son. Brooklyn. Me. Drugs. Schools. Kids. You here me? Or I come after you and then I will be damned serious about getting each and everyone of you guys.? Matthew leaned forward. ?Understood?? The young man nodded.

?Good. Always remember. You might be the hardest guys in town. I am more than hard. I am SOLID.?

He threw the gun back and turned his back on the man. He pulled up an anorak he had found in the ruins and pulled it over. Then he began to walk home. It was long walk. But he felt like he would enjoy it.

A week later he signed on for that Government project the Professor did. He had coffee with Olivia. He helped Ally find a job. And at night he sometimes walked around the block. He got robed three times in that time. He provoked it in a way. The robbers did not like the experience.
    SOLID.

That was how he referred to himself more and more often . . .

Tag: blue
    />
  4. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Los Angeles

The charge was more of a directed stumble as the bullet in Jeb's right leg would be slowing him down. But the man, with his twisted ankle, did not try to dodge, but braced for the impact. One of the spikes on Jeb's knee impaled the man's thigh, but the man's pickaxe cracked Jeb's armor with one swing to the shoulder and with another the axe ripped through the flesh and bone of Jeb's shoulder,becoming lodged in the man.

The man pushed Jeb away from him and stumbled back to the curb, sitting down, breathing hard, but chuckling to himself. "I haven't had a fight like that in a while. You're not bad, Jr. Alittle crazy though. You have a good night, ya'hear?"

The man then stood to his feet and began limping down the sidewalk, leaving the bloodied Jeb with the axe still in his shoulder.

Tag: Trimaj

------
    New York City, 2005

After roughly a year of working on the Project, Matthew,or Solid, would have only seen the Professor a total of 5 times, 3 times of which they had not spoken because they were in meetings. Even after a year on the Project, what they were exactly doing was unknown to him. He was given experiments to run daily and interviewed subjects about their personal lives to find out where they were mentally at. He never saw one subject more than twice, but that is what made today such a special occasion.

Subject 45 stepped into the white room, in a stray jacket as always. He looked, as the two times Matthew had seen him before, catatonic and as he was sat down, he just stared at Matthew with a blank look on his face. Hopefully, Matthew would be able to get actual information out of him this time.

Tag: Fin
  5. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Matthew Berger
    Labs, 2005

Professor Mica Banner had barely been in contact with Matthew. He wondered how little he missed the small mentor of him. Even him and Olivia had "calmed" down to a friendship. She probably considered him gay by now. Matthew felt surprisingly unaffected by that. His job was fine. He was so overqualified, it hurt. His habila-thesis had been accepted by a German university for microphysics, but he had barely begun to do any reading.

What he truly did, what he truly enjoyed was wandering around at night and help those who could no help themselves. The hood was free of Gangs and crime by now and even his run in with the italian mafia had ended up in a crashed Lincoln and a paralyzed driver. The onstoppable force was one thing, but a Lincoln was far from unstoppable . . . for an immovable object.

Solid had gained a little reputation. He had become an Urban Legend himself.

But his night activities were one thing. His dayjob was a welcome change. It was monotone, mysterious, but the same time not intense. He did not enjoy it. He simply did it.

"Hello forty-five." He smiled to the man. Obviously these people were psychatric patients. He had figured out that much. Probably it was all about pharmacy. "Nice to see you again. Actually what an surprising pleasure." Matthew still smiled friendly and polite as the man was set opposite of him. "Tell me, do you actually have a name? Running through this three pages of questions calling you forty-five appears to be a little, erm, rude of me."

Hopefully the guy did do anything. He had been assigned to this interview for a holwe hour.

6. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

Kathy reeled across the room, her mind filled with blinding pain. Unconsciously, she licked her lips and tasted blood. Damn. She should have known better than to try a stunt like that- the monster- Bruce's- mind had been filled with rage like she'd never experienced. Banner had thrown her out of his mind like a horse bucking a rider. There was no chance of her trying again.

Slowly, wincing at the pain, Kathy reached out again and checked the status of the people that remained in the apartment. They seemed to be clumped with her next door neighbours, so she staggered to her door and opened it. If she passed out from this headache, better to be around others.

"Hello?"

[TAG blu, maybe yuul?]

7. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Don't know if your character is married or not Livi, so I'm assuming not. If I'm wrong, just mentally translate the miss to mrs. Since we're neighbors, I'd figure we'd at least know each others name. And Blu, sorry if my getting my character, his father, and helping Jasmine move her sister out into the hallway between apartments is a bit of a stretch, but wanted my post to link up with Livi's.
    IC: Marric Renar
    New York City

"I'm okay, but sister's leg is broken!"

For a brief, infinitely short moment, a saddened feeling came over him before disappearing so quickly as to seem to have never been, replaced by anger, the emotion that always seemed to have the easiest time freeing itself from Marric haphazardly construct mental cage for his feelings and emotions. It battered itself at the cage, little bits of it slipping through. It didn't help that Marric wanted to feel angry, angry at himself. Meanwhile, above them, clouds began to form and condense at an abnormal rate.

'Calm...' Marric thought as he tried to settle his mind, before the girl's pleading voice reminded him he had no time to reinforce his control.

"Please, help us."

"Sure thing Jasmine, I still got a shoulder free." Marric said as he move over as quickly as possible while helping his dad along. "We don't have much time before whatever is causing this get's here by the sound of it." He continued, before reaching them. "Okay Jasmine, I'm going to need you to help balance Gina on that side when we lift her. One, two three!" Marric says before helping Jasmine lift Gina so that they are each supporting her on one side, Jasmine on the left, Marric on the right, with Gina's pained moans continuing to grind at him as the skies over their part of the city grew dark with the clouds rapidly forming, and although Marric couldn't see them, he could feel them and so struggled almost futilely against his feelings. It wouldn't take long for his anger, both self directed and that angled at whatever monster had started this, finally broke through completely.

With a bit of effort they made it to the hallway that linked the apartments, shortly before the door across the way swung open.

"Hello?"

Marric immediately recognized one of their neighbors Kathy Cooper. At least he thought her name was Kathy. She seemed to be fine for the most part, save what looked like a little blood from what might have been a nosebleed. "Miss Cooper? Are you all right?"

Outside, underneath the forbidding clouds, it began to rain. A low rumbling thunder emanated from somewhere above not long before a brilliant bolt of lightning tore the sky apart as it lanced down to the streets.

Tag: Blue, Livi, all in present day NYC(for the sudden weather change)
    OOC: Don't forget the little sound effect I linked in there ;)
  8. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Parallel Carnage
    Floating in a goldfish bowl! Watch out, I BITE!

Floaty, floaty, float.

Cletus bobbed his head in time with the vessel, looking at the bulbous head of Scar.

She was an angry, pitiful creature.

He was a happy, dangerous creature.

He decided they should date.

"Look me up in the next life, baby?"

Psychotic is, psychotic does.

He squeezed his flower, and it spat acid out at the bowls rim. It did nothing. He laughed.

And then the laugh became a scream, as he poured all his insanity out through his very pores, into the room itself, throwing the emotion at Scar as if it was a piano.

"How about yours?"

TAG: Blu
  9. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Erik
    Germany, 1945

The man was speaking to him, his voice friendly. Erik smiled in response, still uncertain of the exact meaning, but gleaning the message. "Capten America?" It was odd to say those words. He smiled again. He heard another word, "nayme," and he guessed that the American wanted his own name.

"Erik." He looked at the man and noticed the ring glowing on his hand. He stared, transfixed. He felt like...he didn't know what. The metal canteen in a soldier's hand careened towards him and began to orbit about him. Spent shells joined in slowly, orbiting lazily about him.

Tag: Ramza
  10. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

"Miss Cooper? Are you all right?"

Kathy vaguely recognised the man helping her neighbours: Marric something? They were on nodding terms, anyway- occasionally they came out of the building at the same time.

"I'm fine." Kathy dismissed him, wiping at her face with her sleeve. "I just knocked my-"

She was cut off by a roll of thunder and a sound like a gunshot. In fact, Kathy had presumed it was a gunshot from one of the cops outside until the flash of white light through the windows. Quickly, she moved to take Gina from Marric and help Jasmine with her sister.

"Come on, let's get moving."

With an effort of will that sent her headache throbbing again, she touched the minds of the people outside. Everything still seemed to be chaos down there, and the more she knew about what was going on, the better.

[TAG blu, yuul]
  11. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I haven't actually played in an RPG in quite some time, so excuse any rust coming off. :p Also, this character sheet has been approved by Blu. :)

Name: Kiara Paige
    Alias: None At The Moment
    Appearance: [image=http://thebeautystop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/perfect_10_medium_brown.jpg] (Yes, it's a hair coloring box, but it works :p )
    Super Power: Can transform into anything ? human, animal, and even objects. She takes on their personality and other aspects.
    Weakness: When she transforms, she adapts their thoughts and feelings, for animals, she takes on their instincts and needs, thus it can be quite confusing to tell their emotions from her own. Once in a transformed state, it can also be difficult to return to her body, especially when she has taken on the form of an object. Say a lamp or fork. Add in the natural confusing time of a teenager and you get some problems. However, she cannot take on any powers of the person she transformed into.

IC as Kiara Paige
    Los Angeles, Ca

Boots clomped down pavement. Fast. Faster. Breaths came in quick, rasping draws. Chest tight with anticipation and adrenaline. The form, darkened by the shadows of two buildings, charged down into the alleyway and ducked behind a dumpster. The person, a man in a black coat, knelt down, ignoring the wet feeling on his knee as he had rested in a small puddle. But that wasn't important. The man peered slowly around the edge, one hand holding a precious bag to his chest, and listened to the silence of the night, except for the occasional passing by car. Waiting three long moments, he pulled back and collapsed against the hard dumpster, forcing his breathing to slow.

There was a distant pounding. With his adrenaline now fading away, he didn't catch it at first. The pounding grew louder. Closer. His senses jumped to high alert and his heart began pumping faster. The pounding then became definite footsteps and it was going right towards the hiding man. Two men finally came into the man's view, both obviously holding guns by the way their were moving and in uniform. The lone man shrunk into the shadows, narrowing his eyes at the police as they searched for him and for his precious bag. He had lost his gun in a scuffle when the police first found him breaking into a jewelry store, but luck and skill had been on his side and he was able to get away. It may have been cowardice, but honestly. Who in their right mind would go against two armed cops. Did I say armed? Only a fool would suddenly attack them. While, yes, he had the upper hand because their backs were turned, but how long would that last for? Maybe he could knock one down, steal the gun, and use the said cop as a body shield and hostage. But what would the risk be? Would it be worth it? Would he be quick enough to grab both the gun and him, or would his cop friend get the draw on him first. And even if he couldn't get the first, said police man, he would surely be ready for someone trying to take his gun. He would have other weapons. Probably a knife, maybe a tazer, and who knows what else he could be prepared for. Answerless questions flew through his mind as he assessed every possible situation. By the time he had finished, he noticed they were already half way down the alley, the man left unnoticed in the shadows.

Too late, anyhow. This is my chance to move, but I can't go back the way I came. No...what if I keep following the street and find a safe house. At least for the night. Get a change of clothes and sell off the prize one at a time. A smirk, though hidden by the dark of the night, came to his face. He waited a few more moments before checking back the down the other side of the alley. No one else had followed those two cops. And that's where they were stupid, but he guessed they were sending many, small groups to search the city for him. And he would get away.

Now! He used the edge of the dumpster as momentum and ran down the way he had come, arms pumping at his sides to increase his speed. And the
  12. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Marric Johnson
    New York City

"Come on, let's get moving."

Marric nodded, grateful to have another person able to help. It would make their getting out a lot easier and much quicker than if he had to hobble helping to support two people. He wasn't sure what his dad was thinking, and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to know either. Before they moved along however Marric took a calming breath, and with that began to move down the hallway as fast as safely possible given the injuries of those with him. A myriad of negative emotions battered at the walls to their cage, their prison, but for now at least, he was keeping them at arm's length.

"Any idea what's causing this?" Marric asked as they moved.

Tag: Blu, Livi
  13. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Domino
    New York City

Domino watched Shocker leap over the edge of the building and use a vibrational blast to cushion his landing on the street below.

"Uh, okay!" Domino rolled her eyes. "I'll just take the fire escape. Cool."

The pale skinned operative re-holstered the rifle on her back and jogged over to the fire escape on the side of the building and began to climb down. Maybe if she'd leapt off the building luck would have a garbage truck pull up to her landing spot, but she wasn't in the mood to land on any smelly trash bags today. Besides, she was in no hurry to meet that angry beast head on.

Domino made it to the bottom of the fire escape and jumped down a small distance to the alley below. She ran around the corner of the building and took in a survey of her surroundings. New York City seemed to have suddenly become popular with... unique individuals.

Tag: Blu
  14. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    John Rose
    Los Angeles

John flinched and held his hands up in front of him as Wally leapt towards him in full force. Apparently he wasn't satisfied with the remote demonstration.

Wally froze in mid-air. John let him stay there for a couple seconds, only a mild strain, and then tossed him back onto the opposite sofa from where he jumped. He grinned.

"When do we leave?"

15. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    New York City, 2005

Subject 45 only continued to stare at Matthew. But eventually he answer, in a high pitched, young man's voice. "My name is Wesley. And your name is Matthew Berger." Subject 45's stray jacket then slid off of him and to the floor. He continued to stare at Matthew and Solid would start to feel a sensation in his chest. It had been a long time since he had felt anything resembling pain, but the sensation was as strong as it was memorable. It was a tightness, like a weight on his chest that made it hard for him to breathe.

Subject 45, or Wesley, never moved, just continued to stare. "Its been a long time since you felt pain, hasn't it Matthew?"

------
    Deep Space

Scar had nothing to respond to the vile creature and simply waved her hand to the Lanterns. The bowl collapsed, crushing the creature before multiple rays of Green light impaled what remained of Parallel Carnage until it was nothing more tattered nothingness. The orb opened and poured the dead creature into the vacuum of space. The sentence was done and had been carried out.

In the afterlife, or somewhere in between, Parallel would never know for sure, was darkness, infinite darkness, where his very existence was only the pain of being crushed, ripped, and put back together, incorrectly, forever. It never ended and the being's consciousness was fractured. Forever. There was nothing and then a disembodied voice after what would seem like a billion billion years of torture.

"The being once known as Parallel Carnage, defiant until the end. How do you enjoy death?"

Tag: Sinre

------
    New York City

The storm above the apartment building was but a tiny dark cloud which vanished as Marric's feelings grew under control. Kathy, Marric, and their group would be moving towards the fire escape among the busy rush of the apartment building when Kathy would sense a familiar inviting presence on the ground. Below at ground level, Herman was easing civilian minds and the Doctor was guiding them to the nearest temporary hospitals.

He sensed Kathy as well and pressed a finger to his temple. "Jean, the apartment is almost empty. Are you okay?"

------
    The Hulk roared at Shocker's weapons and grew angrier. It stomped its large foot on the pavement, cracking up a large block of earth and flipping it towards Shocker. The Hulk then turned his sights on Domino. It stared, an almost peaceful expression came on his face, but it was quickly erased by the rage of the beast.

[image=http://tedi31.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/incrediblehulk1.jpg]

Hulk grabbed multiple cars and began flipping multipleslabs of concrete and cars towards the soldier, only intent on destroying her.

------
    The Beast from the tunnel climbed up from the sewers, awoken by the explosions and cries and alarms. The negative emotions, fear, sadness, and anger, alot of anger, had summoned the creature and now it only sought violence and combat. It did not take long for it to find a raging green monster battling smaller combatants. A grin creeped across his face.

[image=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31499/749381-dark_beast_00_large.jpg]

------
    Kathy would sense the familiar presence approaching the battlefield.

Tag: Yuul, Livi, Reynar

------
    Los Angeles

Wally popped back up from the couch, smirking. "Right now, buddy." He started for the door before turning around to John's parents. "Don't worry, I know this all seems very strange, but I'll take care of your boy. We'll be back in a couple of hours."

His parents might have objected if Wally had not grabbed John and disappeared a mile down the road to a red muscle car. John would be disoriented, but Wally didn't notice as he opened up the car and got in. "I hope you like to go fast, Johnny boy."

---
    Less than an Hour later, after hitting almost 200 mph on the highway, Wally and John pulled up to a small loft. "My place, you like?" They walked inside and John would see the multiple newspaper articles on the wall depicting a young red hooded man in numerous heroic
  16. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Kathy Cooper
    Apartment, New York City

Kathy was about to answer Marric when she heard Herman's voice in her head again.

"Jean, the apartment is almost empty. Are you okay?"

He felt close. Maybe Herman and his creepy friend were actually doing some good down there? Kathy hoped so. The people on the ground were just victims, and in his blind rage Banner would destroy them all.

I'm fine. I'm with-

That was when she felt it. The presence from the train. The monster that had killed everyone on that carriage save her. Kathy stumbled, the connection with Herman broken. This was too much, she couldn't face him again, she wasn't strong enough.

"We need to go out of the fire escape." she croaked, her mouth dry with fear. 'We can't go onto the street."

[TAG Yuul, blu]
  17. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Heather King
    New York City

The fire truck didn't stop all the way for her, that she expected, but one of the firemen she recognized from the trip, leaned out, and snatched up Heather. At first she feared something had gone wrong when she had tried to shift, but all was fine. As Heather absorbed her new surroundings, the fireman tapped the window. The fire truck took off from the location. Heather cast a final glance and noticed the other fireman leading her children to safety. She breathed a sigh of relief.

"We have injured civilians in the stores around the monster and the cops can't get in there. We're going to make several runs around the zone. I need you to get as many civilians to this point."

"Yes sir," Heather replied, and a smile touched her lips at how deep her voice was. The feeling of being a man was always odd, and she could never get used to- Before she could even finish, the fireman pointed to a small cafe shop on a map. Heather still couldn't believe this was happening. This was supposed to be an example that a class of children are able to take a field trip. Now, Heather just hoped to see the end of the day.

"As possible before we come back around. We'll try to make it as quick as possible. Who....Who knew something like this could even happen?" The fireman asked her. Heather decided it would be better not to reply. Heather noticed, as she stared intently out the window, an elderly woman cowering behind a car. She happened to be very close to a clash of the monstrous creature and another person."GO, GO, GO!" the fire truck had rolled to a stop. Heather leaped out of the firetruck, her blood pounding with adrenaline. This guy was pretty strong, so in four or five bounds, Heather found herself around the car. She considered doing something particularly evil, but she didn't. If it had been a younger woman, perhaps, but this old woman deserved some type of justice.

"I'm here to help you!" Heather shouted over all the noise to the old woman. She began to try to pick her up.

TAG: blu

OOC: I apologize for lateness. Problems with Internet all across Alabama, so might be late in replies.
  18. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Domino
    New York City

After unleashing its hellbent anger on Shocker, The Hulk turned his sights on Domino. It stared, an almost peaceful expression came on his face, but it was quickly erased by the rage of the beast. Domino of course found this odd, but she didn't have time to dwell on it for long as Hulk grabbed multiple cars and began flipping multiple slabs of concrete and cars towards her.

"Son of a *****," Domino muttered as she began to sidestep, flip, and dodge every which direction to avoid collision with the prodigious objects. It was effortless for her, and she could feel her natural born abilities kicking in to high gear. Finally a cease fire came and Domino instantly grabbed the two pistols holstered on each of her thighs, swung them forth and pulled the triggers in a flash. If luck would have it, one bullet would hit the Hulk's left eye, the other his right. Domino figured if there was one weak spot on the animal, it'd be his eyes.

19. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    John Rose
    Los Angeles

John was caught offguard at all the newspaper articles pinned to the wall that seemed to be about the boy who'd just plucked him from his home and brought him into a world that he could barely contemplate. He thought all this kind of stuff was reserved to the realm of comic books and video games, and that his telekinesis was simply an abnormality that he'd live with throughout a normal life.

"Yea, that's me," Wally chimed in. "Actually, all of it is me, because I'm a freaking superhero. The Couch is yours, rest up, the others will be here in the morning."

The others. John couldn't wait to meet them. Wally was hard enough to handle on his own, he could only imagine what a house full of mutants would be like.

John pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. Only eight. There was no way he'd be getting to sleep any time soon, and he felt a small rumble in his stomach.

"Hey Wally. Got any food around here? And an Xbox?"

20. Yuul_Shamar Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Marric Johnson
    New York City

"We need to go out of the fire escape." she croaked, her mouth dry with fear. 'We can't go onto the street."

Marric nodded, unsure where her scared expression was coming from but quickly decided it was probably just the situation and whatever beast was causing all this. He himself had never used the fire escape before but he knew easily enough that it was through the door ahead. Though that was likely because of the sign that labeled it as such. Hopefully once they were out of here they could get Gina and his dad to a first aid station or an ambulance.

"Of course." He replied, his voice lacking much emotion, changing his course from the interior stairs to the door that lead outside to the fire escape. Fortunately they were close and Marric moved to open the door, wondering what they would see once outside.

Tag: Blu, Livi
  21. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4

Matthew Berger
    Lab, New york 2003

"Wesley." Matthew looked at the man and folded his amrs. it wasn´t a defensive gesture. He did that when he concentrated. Pushing his glasses back on his nose he nodded. "If you leave out my coffee this morning which was a little hot, that would be abouzt right. Where do you know this from, Wesley?"

He had heard of these things before. All kinds of things. That and his own change lately had not exactly left him an easy man to surprise. But the scientist inside of him was curious, now. Very curious.

22. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    IC as Kiara Paige

The sound of the bell jolted Kiara up. She took a look around herself and saw that she was still in class. Her fellow students closed text books and folders and began filtering out of the classroom. Slowly, she followed suit and glanced briefly at the clock on the wall, letting out a breath. School was over finally. Somehow, she had managed to fall asleep in each class, which was something she really didn't like, but it gets rather tiring when you're being chased from the cops most of the night and every other person she transformed into at night. During the day, her control over her power was pretty decent, there had only been a few cases of her changing into something or someone, but luck always seemed to be on her side since no one had ever seen, not even her parents knew. Yet when she was sleeping at night was when her control waned. And it happened almost every single night. Because it wasn't really her body running around the streets at night, her body would get the rest it would need, but her mind was still active...whosever mind was still active. She didn't quite understand the full of it all, but whatever happened to who ever she was, it never really seemed to affect her, such as getting hit by something. Any bruises or injuries never transferred over to Kiara, but she would still feel drained. It was all a confusing matter and quite honestly, she never really bothered herself with the details. It was far too confusing to figure out who's mind was who's on top of trying to figure out the details of her power. So, she went along with it. What else could she do?

Silently, Kiara stepped onto the bus, just like everyone else. And just like everyone else, she made her way home. Yet, needless to say, her life wasn't just like everyone else. She eventually arrived to an empty house, as it was during the week. Both of her parents had full-time jobs, and she went into her routine. Make a small snack for herself, head up to her room, and work on homework. If nothing else, she would at least try her hardest on her homework. It was the least she could do for her grades. Withdrawing a pencil from her pen holder at her desk, she begun.

When she finally finished her homework, exhaustion quickly swept in, and slowly, she lowered her head to the desk. She woke up with a start what seemed like only a few minutes and she stared at her surroundings.

"Where the Hell am I?" she murmured, but, it was not her voice. It was a male one. He had short, buzzed hair, and his chin clean shaven, and was wearing a uniform. Attached to his belt, one gun, a taser gun, a few ammo clips, and his police badge. Uneasily, he edged off the chair and immediately took note of his surroundings, coming to the obvious conclusion that he was somehow in a teenage girl's room. The man moved to the door and placed his ear to the door, straining to listen through it, yet nothing could be heard. Cracking the door open, he checked both ends of the hallway and confirmed the house was empty. As quickly as he could, he left the house, confused and slightly dazed, all the while trying to figure out just how he had gotten there. Last he could remember, he had taken a nap before going into work.

It wasn't long later that he arrived at the police station and got in his patrol car, starting the beginning of his long night shift. After he had been driving for sometime, he pulled over at a curb and turned off his car, rubbing at his tired eyes to attempt to wake himself further. He half-heartedly listened to the quiet chatter across the radio between his comrades. And then, something caught his attention. He reached out for the volume control, turning it up.

"I have a male, Caucasian, wearing a black coat and black jeans, carrying a brown bag with stolen goods. Going down South Hill street, on foot."

The cop's eyes darted to the street sign not far from where he was parked. 'South Hill Street'. Grabbing at his radio, he reply. "I copy that. I'm at Hill street, but no sign of him yet."

He leaned forward in his seat, unsnapping the hols
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Steve Rogers
    New York, Late March, 1941

Air.

Steve inhaled sharply. "I'm in... the base. New York City. It's March, 1941."

Every cell in his body felt like it was rapidly cooling to room temperature. It was an incredibly strange sensation.

"I feel..."

He straightened his back, and, for the first time, his new body stood upright.

"I feel... tall... A bit exhausted, but otherwise..." He flexed his right arm muscles. He hadn't even had right arm muscles before. "Not too bad. This is..." He glanced down at his body.

[image=http://www.thehunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/chris_evans_captain_america21.jpg]

"This is going to take a little getting used to."

TAG: Blu

Captain America
    Germany, 1945

"Pleased to meet you, Erik, now let's go get you some... wa... ter..."

A metal canteen had just begun orbiting about the kid. As had some used shells.

Orbiting.

The ring stopped translating with a brief mental command. "Ring, are you...?"

"Negative, this ring is not currently engaged in creating constructs."

"Then what's making those things... do that...?"

"Scanning. 95%. 100%. Analysis complete. Objects are caught in fluctuating electromagnetic field emanating from subject 'Erik.' Field source biological."

"Field source what?"

"Biological. Phenomenon unprecedented in Earth species. Some similarities to certain aliens of Sector 0137."

"So he's a...?"

"Negative. Subject 'Erik' is native to Earth."

"Fascinating." He pointed to one of the shells, turning the translator feature back on. "Erik, how are you... how should I put this...? How are you... doing... that?"

TAG: Peng

Doctor Doom
    Doom's Palace, Latveria, 6 Months Ago

"You think to goad Dr. Doom into open combat?" the Lord of Latveria bellowed, firing a powered blast in a sweeping arc to intercept several missiles. "The sheer insolence of your bravado is to be commended!" A second blast fired at a nearby tank.

A shrewd thought flashed in his minds' eye (But truly, is there any thought of Doom's which is not shrewd?). Perhaps that very insolence deserved to be rewarded.

The diabolical doctor pressed a button on his armor, linking him to an amplification system. "If you are so eager for Doom to make an example of yourself, Deathstroke, then cease this pathetic waste of proud Latverian lives and come fight me. For all your talk of combat prowess, Dr. Doom cannot help but notice that the alleged chessmaster is only willing to make use of pawns in his little game of war."

His voice grew louder. "I offered Latveria a new era! I offered Latveria prosperity without end, technology beyond compare, an end to the relics of the 19th century still plaguing this land. A monster such as yourself would of course have none of that, eh Deathstroke? No! You are no better than the corrupt Western nations from which you hail! Endless interference in the affairs of the East! So it was before the Cold War! So it is now! Doom is confident of his victory, Deathstroke. But even if Doom must die, then that will be the price! If Doom must die so that you might let the people of Latveria live... then so shall it be!"

This was the way. Secure the moral victory. Battles could be lost. Wars could be lost. Then what was a lie? A thousand lies? Then what was one defeat? A thousand defeats? None of these things were important, so long as you would triumph in the end. So long as you escaped. So long as there were those who would be willing to take your side when you returned, miraculously, like the messiah you were.

The end was all that mattered.

TAG: Blu/>/>
  24. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Erik
    Germany, 1945

He looked - there were metal objects floating about him, wavering in and out of tight and loose orbits. The canteen was dripping water as it spun idly on some invisible axis, still circling the planet that was Erik like some strange moon. His surprise was obvious. Evidently Erik had never noticed the strange affinity he had for metal.

"I don't know," he spoke in answer to the question, and his eyes widened as he stared at the Captain. "I-I, you..."

This was getting to be too much for him. He felt his hands tighten, and the metal objects circling him wound faster and faster - he wanted something to hold on to, something to ground him - and the objects suddenly dropped as a spoon flew into his hand. He stared, dumbfounded. "Your ring?"

Then the next question came. "But...b-but I couldn't..." He focused on one thought. "You speak German?"

Tag: Ramza
  25. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Peng and Ramza, I like the interaction going on between you guys and don?t want to mess up the flow, so you guys keep at it.

New York City, 2005

?I know?everything about you, literally. As for where I know this from,? Subject 45 pointed a finger downward and then circled it around the room, before the finger landed on Matthew. ?This very room was where I learned everything about you. The entire process takes about two hours. Which means it was completed in our last session.?

Wesley only continued to stare, intently, he was not blinking anymore. Matthew?s lungs and heart were beginning to feel squeezed and burned inside his chest. ?I need your help. I want you to get me out of here.?

------
    New York City

The elderly woman accepted Heather?s help and began to crawl from behind the car. As the fireman helped her to her feet, Heather would notice that the path to the coffee shop would be through the direct confrontation of the battle with the giant monster. Not only that, but the Hulk was throwing cars at a young black haired combatant, which she dodged, but one crashed into the building beside Heather and the elderly woman, causing the sign above them to become loose, tilt, and began falling from above them.

-----
    The Hulk?s left eye received a bullet into the socket, while the bullet aimed for his right eye missed as and shattered as it made contact with his jaw. The hulk immediately screamed in pain, grabbing his face with one hand while swiping away and stomping at everything around him. Steel, now fully recovered and functional, slammed the massive hammer into the Hulk?s stomach, sending him several meters reeling backwards.

Shocker?s voice came in over the headsets as he climbed out of the shop window he had jumped into to avoid the slab of concrete the Hulk had thrown.

?Good ****, Doms. Steel, how are your systems??

The deep voice of the large black man blasted through. ?Systems back operational, but I?m nowhere near complete function. Not that it would make any difference. Even at complete function, I wouldn?t be able to hold him off for more than a couple seconds at the size he is now.?

?Dammit.? Shocker came to the intersection of the street where Steel was standing, accompanied by Nightcrawler. ?The only thing we?re doing is making it angrier, which just makes it stronger. Steel, I want you and Kurt to keep him pinned down. Don?t let him get back up.?

The Hulk, a couple blocks down, was beginning to stir again, and it was angrier than before. Shocker stared before putting a call into HQ. ?I need an airstrike at my location. This thing is unstoppable?Civilians, most of them are gone, but we don?t have time to waste, this thing is getting back up?10 MINUTES? What the ****you mean 10 minutes?...Fine, we?re see what we can do till then. Shocker out.?

?Doms, I-?He was cut off by a dark blue monster, appearing out of nowhere, ramming him into a brick wall. It turned its sights on Domino and with a malicious grin began charging towards her with a large hand reaching out to grasp her. All the monster made her sense?was fear.

-----
    Outside the apartment building was one of the more horrendous sites Kathy, Marric, and the group had ever seen. Buildings off in the distance were destroyed, cars lodged into walls, and the streets themselves were scarred and broken. Helicopters were hovering and passing above the city to pick up the injured to take them to hospitals, and in some places the smoke billowing from the ground would tell tales of helicopters that had not completed their trips.

[image=http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x197/ForestJedi/destroyed_by_poibuts.jpg]

Below, at the bottom of the fire escape, Herman and the Doctor, Kathy would recognize were taking care of the wounded. Herman was easing their pain, calming them, while the Doctor applied bandages. Kathy?s mother was on the ground and looked up at them, beckoning them to come. Marric would not see Kathy?s mothe
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.