main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Origins: Matthew Berger and John Rose

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger
    Lab

The pain was terrible and yet it had something . . . ecstatic. Matthew only now realized how dead he felt. And how alive he was! Alive. Bending forward he gasped in pain. Panic began to rise. But his mind keep on working. The man had supernatural abilities and they were about the mind. Matthew could not rule ot this was an ilusion. And the man needed him to hlp him. Which meant . . . through a cloud of pain Matthew realized that clearly . . . he was absolutely save. The man tried to intimidate him. That was because he needed him. That was because he could not escape alone. If Matthew was found dead inside it was actual proof of his ability. It was what Matthew was meant to bring the Professor in the first place.

Everybody was about to die?

Weren´t they always? What better lie was there to tell if you wanted to get people to do something. The reflex to be a hero, to save the world and all you loved. It was strong. Too obvious. A scientist acted on proof.

He grapped the table and slowly pushed himself into an upward position. "I think." He gasped. "I think I need a bit more time, Wesley. To decide if you are a sychopath or a savior." He forced an artfcial grin on his face. "So let´s give me a minute and if I die, tell ´em I died like a scientist, yeah?" Matthew looked at Wesley an said nothing. Enduring the pain, or was it enjoying the pain, he breathed in and out. In and out. Slowly accepting what happened to him. There was a world greater than he had ever imagined. And it was a dangerous world. But he would not allow it to push him around. He would not stumble into it and create consequences he could not control. And hell he was not afraid to die. He was afraid he could not.

Tag: blue

2. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Gavin Carlyle

Gavin stepped in behind a green dog. He was the newest member of the Titans now. Gavin had been aware of his powers for a little over a year now, though he was far from mastering them. He had just recently been able to control whose powers he mimicked. It had been a tiresome and dangerous road but he hoped, with the Titans, he had found a home. He was still amazed how many people had powers, there was a time he had thought he was one of a very very few. The world had shrunk since then, finding more and more people like him.
    An introduction shook him out of his thoughts.

"Hello John Rose. Like he said, I am Gavin." Gavin said, smiling and extending his hand.

TAG: Reynor, Blu

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

For the first time, Wesley's face twitched with something of impatience. A sharp pain ripped through Matthew's lungs. "No one said anything about killing you, I am merely trying to give you an opportunity to exercise your free will before I begin to control your body. You should realize that time, in this circumstance, is not on your side. You are thinking that death is something you are not afraid of. And maybe you truly are not afraid, but what of everyone else. You put more than your life at risk. If you think deeply enough about it, you will also realize that I have no reason to lie about the end of the world."

Wesley placed his hands on the table slowly, almost mechanically, and took a deep breath. His eyes turned a mix of blue and green.

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hkm8JrRF5Lc/TZsv4Ce3VaI/AAAAAAAAACg/bniIQcNPUwc/s1600/green_eyes.jpg]

"We are almost to the 30 minutes mark. I've progressed a good deal." To Matthew's surprise, his left hand began to rap its nails along the table, without his control. Wesley looked down at the other's man's left hand as it rapped, then slid his eyes back to settle on Matthew's face.

"Nice tattoo you have there, Matthew." Sure enough, on Matthew's hand was a fresh marking that had not been there the minute before.

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9m6aIZWLGP4/St0LLOIU3_I/AAAAAAAABhE/qI0t6dZtBvM/s400/poison-2.jpg.png]

Time was, as Wesley had said, not on Matthew Berger's side.

Tag: Fin

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Parallel Carnage... with a bit less Parallel and a bit less Carnage... so let's just call me Cletus from now onwards
    Weird Place

Cletus sat to the floor and rubbed the back of his head.

So... I'm not dead?

Or I am dead?

He looked down the end of the street, and could all but taste the gloom in this strange place, ditto the hunger of the creature approaching him. Carnage did not run, and neither did Parallax. They always moved forward. Cletus, however, did.

And so he ran.

I disapproved, of course.

Both of I, but he did.

TAG: Blu

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger
    New York 2005

"If I think about it, you give me any reason to believe you´re lying. After all, you try to force me into this. If you had arguments, you wouldn´t need to. And anyway, I can ask you all I need about the end of the world afterwards." Matthew said. He wondered if he had changed or if it was just something inside his head that felt so . . . different in these moments. Primal. Why don´t you use the world.

The man hurt him, he disfigured him and he threatened to take control of him against his will. And if he could do that, he indeed was running out of time. The man was dangerous and everything pointed to him to be a dangerous psychopath that needed to be stopped and very little pointed to anything else than a man in need of control. Matthew looked down at the tattoo. Oh God, he would wear it forever! That was his thought. And there was fear, panic what the man could do to him, with him. Matthew Berger felt helpless.

But Matthew Berger was not the one making the decisions anymore. A line of logic ran through his mind, followed by a chain of orders to his body that began an elegant and violent string of cause and effect.

1. Kick the desk so hard it would ram into the man and push him to the wall.

2. Take the pen.

3. Use the pen and therefore jump over the desk towards the man.

4. Take out one of these green-blue eyes which seemed to be the weapons of this attack.

And his body followed the first command. He kicked the desk with a violent scream into the patient.

Let´s take the moment to consider what happened to our poor intellectual that Matthew Berger had been two years before. What happened to the man who once was against violence? Who despised nothing more than violent people? Well, did he despise it? Or did he fear it because he felt to helpless and yet so fascianted by it? He would often ask it to himself. What had basically happened had been two years and 25 victims. Matthew Berger had caused the death or indirect death of 25 people. All dangerous criminals and all of them in selfdefense of to protect weaker people. But he had taken their lifes. And that changed a man. Becoming invulnerable changed it, too. Patroling at night. Looking for a fight. Looking for a victim. A victim? Yes, if they could not hurt you, everybody became a justified victim of you. He had trained, he had learned to fight through experience. He was faster, stronger, more agile than ever before in his life. And even as it would have hurt him had someone pointed it out, he had waited for Wesley. For someone who truly justifed bringing all these skills to use. He had waited for a challenge. This wasn´t Matthew Berger. Not really. This was the man the streets had named Solid.

"If I were you, I would have told me that in 29 minutes, my friend." He said . . . no he almost laughed out . . . and now Matthew was truly gone. Solid jumped over the table and had the pencil in his right. He would grab the mans head and stab the pointy end right into the eye. Pain made concentration a problem. Great pain made it impossible. Most likely the body of Wesley would be too busy not to die or fade out to control anything. To regain the freedom of his will Solid knew Wesley simply needed to suffer. Was it cruel? Yes. But. What did pain mean to man who hardly remembered it anymore? The pen was a ruse, obviously. The reflex of Wesley would make him stop it. If he had any control he would throw it against it to save his eye. His right eye.

That was why the true attack came from the left. Where Matthews thumb would begin to press into the other eyes, slowly. Most nerve ends in the body. Nothing hurt like a damaged eye.

Matthew wondered if he would take it. If he would damage it to a degree it could never been used again. He did not wanted to do so. Solid on the other hand did not care. He had not cared for the poor drug workers in these gang headquarters. Or the reasons of all the rapists and robbers. Solid felt notihng. Outside. Inside. Solid was simply pissed and Wesley would need to life with

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ** Blu Approved** (Thank you!) :)

Name: Mary Amuro
    Alias: Mary Zero
    Job: None/ Likes to hang out in libraries
    Appearance: [image=http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/2/21/Ohitsme--Mary_Zero_HD.jpg]
    Young athlethic female, with brown skin and eyes, and black hair
    Super Power: Imperceptibility (Ability to bypass all forms of detection)

She possesses an unusual mutant ability. She constantly produced a psychic shroud that nullified her existence to the sensory perceptions of others, causing them to ignore seeing, hearing, or feeling her presence. Simply put, her power literally prevented almost everyone from noticing her existence. Her power even produced selective amnesia in the minds of the few people who did consciously register her. She simply does not exist to them. This extends to machines as well.

She tends to visit other peoples home, and get food and clothing from them, as they do not see her, living unnoticed in their home.

She has a parrot as a companion, Pauly, who can see and talk to her. She is busy teaching him as many words and phrases as she can.

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kiara Paige

Kiara sat in her fifth period class, trying her hardest to listen to the words coming from her teacher, but her mind kept drifting. She was curious about what happened with the gunman and her fellow student, John. Pretty much, everyone she overhead gossip from said almost exactly the same thing. No way that could be a coincidence, she thought to herself. Resting her chin in her hand, she stared off and yet nearby the teacher, so it looked like she was paying attention. Well, who knows. I don't know him, maybe he takes boxing classes or something. Or maybe he's got a police man or firefighter as a parent. She quietly tapped her fingertips on the desk, a wave of irritation surging through her. What did it matter? Truly and honestly? She didn't know him and probably never would. So why was she stuck thinking about it?

What if he's...

Kiara instantly became alert by the thought, her brows furrowed in thought.

No way, there's just no chance. What are the odds of that, even if it's possible, two people with powers in the same city? Come on, that's almost nearly impossible, what with the ratio of how many cities there are in this country, and that's not even taking into consideration the several other countries. She quietly laughed at herself for even thinking he could have powers. Knowing my luck, I'm the only one in the entire world who has powers...and it has to be this power. Why couldn't I get something....better? Like Superman. I could actually try to save people, rather than go from saving someone to then killing someone. I hate this.

She blinked out of her thoughts, shaking her head to wake up. Somehow thinking about the whole John situation made her get onto that depressing topic. She sighed and looked to the clock on the wall. An hour and a half left until school was out. And seeing the time made her even more depressed. Though, a ripple running through her body took her mind completely off of any daunting topics to think about. She had a whole new problem on her hands. Her blue eyes widened as panic pulsed through her bloodstream. She was going to change.

Throwing her hand up into the air, the teacher stopped briefly and nodded at her. "May I please use the restroom? It's urgent..."

He only sighed and then motioned his head to the door. She instantly stood from her desk and hurriedly walked to the door. When she closed it, she took off running down the hallway and bursted into the girl's restroom. Ducking into a stall, she locked it and took in slow breaths, feeling more ripples shudder down her arms and legs. At least it's nice enough to let me get in hiding before first doing it. She thought irritatedly.

Kiara's figure then shifted, growing slightly taller with a woman's adult shape, thicker in the hips. A black, pencil skirt replaced jeans and a nice black chiffon top took the place of her normal t-shirt. Her hair then slowly turned blonde and cut itself just above her shoulders, with a flirty flip at the ends. Her eyes rippled to light brown. The woman stared at her surroundings when the change had been complete. Where the Hell am I? A bathroom? Unlocking the door, she peered outside, and once her eyes spotted a feminine products vendor, she exhaled a breath. At least it was a woman's restroom. But, where was she? Heading to the door, she opened it and stepped out into the hallway, various lockers lined the walls not far from her. "A school? How did I get here? I don't remember drinking last night, what with my diet."

As quietly as her heels would allow, as to not disturb the students in the classes, she made her way out and made sure to look at the school's name before leaving, that way she could get an idea of where she was. She didn't actually recognize the name, but then something caught her eye. The address. Los Angeles. "Well, that's something." She gazed down at the camera strapped at her neck and the small bag of equipment in her hand. Well, whatever happened, she was prepared for her shoot today. The woman flagged d

8. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

The attack came fast. Wesley felt the table slam into his ribcage and saw the pen coming down on top of his eye after Matthew had cleared the table. He was worried and the worry caused his eyes to evolve to their next level. His eyes were in danger and he would not let them be destroyed. The pen made contact with the eye, but as the tip entered Wesley's eyeball, it stopped. Blood ran out of the young man's eyelid, but Matthew was no longer able to move his upper body. The skull and bones marking was now on both of his hands and marked up his arms.

Wesley kicked the table so that they both fell back onto the floor and kicked the hard body of Solid away from him. Breathing hard and holding his right eye; the veins in his head would show his stress and anger. "You have made a grave mistake, Matthew. I only would have escaped and went on my mission, now I will take you with me. To act as my shield, and there is nothing you can do about it." Wesley's left eye opened.

[image=http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/79/9h/h4/ye_gl.png]

"Nothing." Matthew's arms were no longer under his control as they laid limp beside him on the floor. The door opened and two large men in white clothing grabbed Wesley and quickly sedated him with a syringe to the neck. He was still conscious as he was carried out, past Matthew and the arriving Olivia and an associate of theirs. Wesley, though dazed, maintained his eye contact with Matthew until he was out of his line of sight.

Olivia and their coworker Bruce, who was Professor Banner's newphew, helped Matthew to his feet. Olivia had fear in her eyes. She had seen everything. "Matthew, what just happened? You just attacked a patient!"

Bruce shook his head. "That was out of line, Matt. Completely out of line. What is wrong with you? Agent Gilroy is going to have your head for that."

----
    3 Hours later...

Gilroy was the overseer of the research department that Matthew was a part of and he was very understanding and had always been kind. But he would not be in the best of moods when the three later would report to his office.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mary - Zero
    A City

Mary yawned and stretched as the sunlight streamed in through the window of the bed she was sleeping on. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked out the window, checking the weather. At least it was not raining. She looked outside.

Moving day.

She had stayed here long enough. It wasnt a bad place, no, quite the contrary. It had been nice a warm after all. But it was a bit noisy, with three kids and all. But those places were the best. No one ever notices. Well, almost nobody. Nobody this time around. She stretched and scratched, as she gathered her items. Even so, she knew it was best to keep moving. She quietly stuffed her items back into her bag, even as she picked up an extra jar or two of baby food. Pauly would like that. He had such a sweet tooth. He kept watch in the rafters, while she had slept. Now, it was her turn to take care of him. A small jingle ball lay somewhere close, some tiny toy one of the kids had tossed aside. They would never miss it. She grabbed it. Pauly would love it.

Zero moved past the mother, as the woman was busy cooking breakfast for her husband. Mary moved smoothly past her, as she made her way to the pantry. She need not worry about disturbing the woman, as she was busy humming along to some tune, and never even bothered to turn and look at Mary. As it was every day, for the last couple of years. One of the children came in, asking for cereal. Mary dug into the pantry, taking a few items that she felt would not be to missed. She would not take food from kids. A piece of candy, and some simple stuff. She could shop later. And besides, she had bought groceries earlier. Mary put in her earplugs, dialing up her music as she finished packing and then following the husband out the door, she walked out of the house without a word to anyone. She usually never said good-bye. It wouldnt do any good. Not like anyone would ever hear her. At least that house had nice beds. Nobody sat on her the entire time. That was a nice change.

Course, there was that house about six months ago. The little boy there actually saw her. He could barely talk, so it didnt matter. She played with him, and kept him company when his mother was busy. She hated to leave that place. It almost felt like family. But the family soon noticed how the boy reacted when she was around. He preferred her to others in the family. It was nice in a way, to actually have someone actually LOOK at you. And he was such a cutie. But when they started actually worrying about little Mark, Mary knew she had to leave. His 'invisible friend' had to go. She gave him a kiss, and wiped away the memory of her, before leaving him. And she was alone once again.

That was until she found Pauly. Mary was truly shocked. Pauly had found her one day at the library. Fluttered right over to her, obviously someone's lost parrot. He looked like he was half drowned, and could barely fly. Missing so many feathers, and trying to beg for food. She felt sorry for him. And when she found out that he could see her, she was truly grateful. She carefully nursed him back to health, as she went to the library, and looked up stuff on parrots. She also began teaching him to talk, and so far, he has learned quite a few commands. Now, she had someone to talk to again. She greeted him, and offered him one of his favorite snacks. As she feed him, she opened her pouch, and he hopped inside, and continued to eat.

"You're gonna get fat, you know.." she told him, as he ignored her to eat his breakfast, finding the treat she had gotten for him. Pulling her pouch up on her shoulder, Mary begins to walk once more. She leaves the apartment complex, and heads out for the open streets. Mary looks across the street nervously. She had to be careful. Once she crossed, she looked up and down the street. What should she do today? She could go to the library, but she first needed to find a new crash pad. Mary sniffed the air. And some soft pretzels would be nice too. So..

Mary began to slowly walk, as she looked for new digs.

Life in the big city.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger
    Lab, 2003

His eyes turned red and he actually did take control. But only the arms. Had the guards not entered Matthew could have hit him so hard, he lost his concentration. Damned, he could simply have killed him by breaking every rip. It was Solid talking. Solid demanded to know why he had been send into such a trap unprepared. But once the adrenaline faded away, Solid left, too.

Matthew returned. And he felt exhausted. He talked to nobody. Especially not Olivia. If she knew about it they would really need to redefine the word "friendship". He had an obvious problem. The man had told him he would use him. Yet, he only controlled his arms. If he understood him right he needed more time to control his whole body. Therefore not spending anymore time with him was the solution. Solid offered another one. Kill him. Matthew shook his head. Frightened how logical it seemed to be suddenly to take anothers life. It was wrong. Very wrong. But the word wrong seemed hollow.

Of course, I feel that way. I am rightened and frightened men always consider violence. Because it is so easy, right?

Avoiding Wesley would begin with getting fired, he assumed. Not only because he wanted out, but also because these people were obviously keep mutants here to do research on them. Mutants like him. Were they knowing he was one? It could not be ruled out. If so Wesley had given them a video with proof of the opposite. Anyway, the longer he stayed here the more he would be in danger to end in a cell like Wesley. Still silent he entered the Agents office.

He did not wait for Gilroy to play the angry man. Solid might be his aggressive part, but it did not mean Matthew Berger wasn´t pissed sometimes.

"When did you plan to tell me that I am working with dangerous mutants, hm? When was ANY of you to tell me?" He looked at Olivia. His eyes accusing her. "Did you hire me to research or should I just get mentally eaten by him so you can watch him perfom, hm?" He threw his security passport on Gilroy´s desk. "You idiots!"

Tag: bluebeast

11. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

Matthew's outrage caused Olivia and Bruce's jaws to drop slightly. Not because of his anger or the dramatic throwing of hissecurity pass on Agent Gilroy's desk, but because of what he said. Olivia mouthed the words before saying them and Bruce maintained a confused look on his face, scratching the back of his head.

Bruce was the first to speak. "What are you talking about? Mutants?"

Olivia was next. "Matthew, we don't know anything about mutants. Are you okay?"

Agent Gilroy remained quiet, only pressing his fingertips together in front of his face, eyes closed and he nodded. "I believe Mr. Berger here is confused and may be suffering a mental break from the stress of this job. I...Mr. Berger, what are you doing?"

----
    Wesley, in his cage, opened his red eye and was angry. The sedative was wearing off.

----

Matthew's wouldn't feel it because of his inability to feel, but his grasp around Olivia's neck began to tighten as the outstretched arm acted on its own and proceeded to strangle her. She clawed at his wrist, eyes pleading for him to stop, but he would be unable to as the tears in her eyes begin to bubble. Gilroy quickly called the guards and Bruce tried to hit the man, but his skin was hard as steel.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Steve Rogers
    Oa, 1941

Steve had spent the majority of his trip in awestruck silence. Space was just so... vast. They told you something to that effect in schools, to be sure, but until you actually got up there, you never really got a sense of just how grand it really was.

"... I just realized something: I'm the first human to ever leave the Earth. And I mean... ever."

"Human race in phase 4 of technological advancement. If present route continues, should achieve space flight within 20 years. Possible landing on local satellite within 30."

"Now that's incredible."

"Simple calculation based on normal rate of technological process, adjusted for circumstances. Approaching Oa. Please allow this ring to guide you to your landing position."

"Can do. Is this... is this really the center of the universe? I didn't even know that was possible."

"Universe is constantly expanding, loose Earth terrestrial equivalent would be growing but filled bubble. At the center of the bubble: Oa.*"

"You lost me."

"Preliminary scans on Earth reveal that this fact was only recently discovered. Not all scientists accept yet. Not surprising that someone in non-scientific field such as Green Lantern Steve Rogers would not have heard yet."

"Yes, yes, I'm aware of the fact that I don't keep up with cutting edge developments. Now, back on Earth you mentioned something about Guardians...?"

"Guardians of Universe are native to Oa. Created Green Lantern Corps to patrol sectors of the universe, ensure order, respond to crises as they occur. Your Sector, 2814, is one of many."

"So... I'm... a space cop?"

"Police officer would be approximate Earth equivalent, yes."

"And they say those comic books are out there. Yeesh."

"All Corps members are of similar rank, with some exceptions for notable Lanterns. Green Lantern Thaal Sinestro of Sector 1417 is often held in high regard, as his sector has the lowest crime rate in the universe, and he is well known for his bravery and commitment to the Corps."

The ring provided a holographic image of the Greatest Green Lantern.
    [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dyaXdcgyTO0/TgLku4WCGXI/AAAAAAAAXgE/HzA8mzAKBvU/s400/Green_Lantern_movie_poster_Mark_Strong_Sinestro-405x600.jpg]

"Huh, kind of looks that actor from Wuthering Heights. David... whatsisname? N-something. You said his name is... Sinestro? As in... no, seriously, his name is Sinestro?"

"Traditional last name on planet Korugar. Earth equivalent of Rogers for frequency."

"Go figure. So he's basically Thaal Rogers."

"Thaal is actually loosely translated to Steven."

"Now you're just messing with me."

"Rings typically become reflections of their wearers," the ring replied, as they landed.

"That was way more ambiguous than I would've been."

"Guardians' inner sanctum is just ahead. Please proceed. Green Lantern Steve Rogers is expected."

"Sure thing."

[i][b][hl=white][color=blue]Captain America[/color][/hl][/b]
    Germany, 1945[/i]

"Well, yes and no," Captain America replied. "The ring can provide a certain amount of tactile feedback for precise manipulation, but for the most part it just happens because the ring does what I will it to do." He watched as the lad manipulated the metal in the spoon.

"Now, you're doing that on your own? You've got a serious talent there, Erik." He let out a low whistle. "You know, with practice, I bet you could use a gift like

13. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Marric Renar
    New York City

Somewhere in the background he heard Kathy, at least he thought that was her first name, conversing as best she could from where they were on the fire escape, but he missed the exact words, due to the near entirety of his mind being focused on the question of why Alice was here. Neither her or their mother was supposed to be anywhere near this part of town until later tonight, at least several hours off, and yet here she was. Did that mean that his mother was here too? Additional worry shot through his mind, weakening the control he had on his emotions in the process, and certainly not helped by sudden almost unnatural lethargy that he felt from seemingly out of nowhere. He tried somewhat to fight it, even as some of his lesser emotions slipped through his grasp, but in the end his eyes closed.

The lethargic feeling didn't last long as he found himself able to open his eyes again what seemed like moments later to find himself alongside the others standing on the ground. A sense of confusion swirled threw his mind, imitated by the chaotic teasing of the breezes that drifted about, tugging at his hair and dusty clothes. He made a mental note to hunt it down along with the rest of the lesser emotions that had freed themselves later, in favor to keep the more, dangerous, ones leashed and locked up. He took a moment to look around, spotting the others coming out of what seemed to be similar bouts of the sudden lethargy, save for his father who seemed to have fallen asleep, for which Marric was secretly glad, even as some help neighbors from the area started to carry him on a stretcher.

The one that Kathy seemed to know came over to her after taking what appeared to be calming breaths, but Marric didn't think any more on that, he was probably just worried for her. Like he was for his sister in a way.

?Jean, are you okay? Doctor, come and??

Jean? It seemed he had gotten her name wrong. Oh well, it's not like they exchanged anything more than nods or the basic three or four word greeting and automatic responses on a regular basis anyway. He decided it wasn't worth bringing it up even as he turned to look at the guy. Right as the man's eyes darted briefly to Marric's. During the brief moment their eye's connected Marric was convinced the man's eyes widened briefly, but then again it had happened so fast he might have just been seeing things. Whatever was said next in the pair's conversation Marric didn't pick up, as his focus was now turned toward that which had been the main object of his thoughts since he first saw that she was here to begin with. Alice.

He turned to face her, and studied her worriedly, the small breezes that danced about the street becoming agitated and anxious, falling in tune with the background feelings that were loose in his mind, even one miniature four foot dust devil sweeping through the dusty debris that covered the street, as he tried to see if she was hurt in some way. What he saw unnerved him. It wasn't that she was hurt or injured, nothing like that at all. It was the apparent lack of fear on her small face. In a situation like this with all the noise in the background he'd honestly expected her to run to him and leap into his arms, given that their father was hurt and unable to do so alongside the fact that even when he started caging his emotions and distancing himself she always ran to him, seemingly unaffected by the changes their parents saw in him. Something was off, almost wrong with the way she was looking at him now, seemingly like she didn't even know him. And then her mouth opened.

?I?m not who you think I am, kid.?

It was his sister's voice, but that was all it was. Everything else was wrong. The way she spoke in a manner that you would find in someone decades older. The very vibe it gave off was not the sweet childish tone that it should have been, but was instead something twisted, something completely different that just plain didn't fit where it should have. This was most definite

14. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Domino
    New York City

Okay, what the ****. Since when did bullets stop being a viable form of tactical offense? Shoot the Hulk, he gets stronger. Shoot the Beast, he gets... happier. Hopefully the bombs air cav was about to drop would make more of an impression.

Even though the guns had done her little good thus far, Domino was unwilling to drop them just yet. She watched as the Beast ripped up a fire hydrant and the tire off an upturned car, whipping both towards her.

"****," she muttered. Dodging one would be easy. Two? Well, the tire would hurt less. She leaped to the side in order to avoid collision with the fire hydrant and the tire hit her square in the back and bounced off. Her body hit the ground but she quickly scrambled back up and turned to face her opponent again, the tire lying a few yards off.

It was time to end this. Domino reached behind to her lower back and yanked out a knife from its holster. She gripped it loosely and without wasting any time, threw it straight at the Beast's eyes. And then she ran after it. If all went according the plan, the knife would stick right between the Beast's eyes. At the very least he'd be disoriented, and then she would jump, kick him down to his back, land on top, and unload the rest of her clips into its worthless brain.

Tag: Blu

15. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    San Francisco

John's heartbeat picked up its pace when the doorbell to Wally's place rang. He wondered if it was the rest of them.

Wally blurred and the door was open, and a group of individuals began walking in. "Mother ******," Wally continued his verbal frustration. "You guys have the worst timing." The muscular man with the tight shirt and masked face, easily identifiable as the Damage Wally had described, placed a large palm on Wally's head. "Shut up..." He looked at John. "He?s really small."

John started to take offense to this, but taking offense to something that that juicehead said probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, especially if they were going to be allies.

"Yea, he is, but he can move things with his mind. He has telepathy."

A black haired girl shook her head. "You mean telekinesis." The emo.

"It doesn?t matter, Raven!" Wally shouted at the girl before plopping down on the couch. It was then that he noticed a green dog limping into the house and balling up on the couch. John backed up in his seat a little bit. He'd never seen a green dog before, but then it clicked that it must have been the Beast Boy Wally had referred to earlier. Nifty.

"What happened to you, BB?" Wally asked.

The dog formed into a young man, holding his leg. John raised both eyebrows in surprise and awe. "Run in with that card shooting fellow. He got away, probably headed to LA."

Card shooting? LA?

The last one in the house was a dark haired, goateed man, older than the rest of them, who closed the door. Wally pointed a finger. "Ah, our other new recruit. Gavin Carlyle meet John Rose. Welcome to the Titans, boys."

"Hello John Rose. Like he said, I am Gavin."

John stood up and shook the man's outstretched hand a little firmer than he normally would have. "Nice to meet you." He turned around and stood in a mild state of bewilderment. "Nice to meet all of you."

Tag: Blu, Rogue

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Jamison
    Los Angeles, Ca

This was the best day ever. Her father finally agreeing to allow her to get an apartment of her own. Raven?s heart skipped a beat as her smile widened with excitement. All she ever wanted was to be normal. She had dreams of becoming an actress. Though her special abilities were easily hidden at times. It still interfered with her chances of normality.

But Raven had better control of her abilities now that she was older and trained herself on focusing rather than getting distracted so easily. This may have been why her father allowed her to be independent. He loved her, she knew that, but he could also be coddling at times. She was no longer the little girl he once knew. She was a woman now and ready to explore the world.

She was walking down the street on a beautiful Los Angeles day. Even the smog was beautiful to Raven because she was on her own, jotting down addresses and info on apartments. Traffic was usually noisy but for some reason Raven heard a bunch of honking from the cars, with not so friendly language coming from the drivers.

She looked and saw a very short man with what appeared to be a walking chair. He was trying to get across the street but obviously was a bit too slow for the drivers, from the way they were shouting at him.

?Poor little guy he might need some help getting across.? Raven immediately went over toward the short man to offer assistance.

?Excuse me do need some help?? she said in a polite voice.

TAG: Dink, Blu

17. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Puck
    Busy city intersection

Amidst the honking and yelling, which really didn't bother Puck at all, he heard a beautiful voice call to him.

?Excuse me do need some help?? said the woman. Upon glancing her way he immediately realized that the voice was attached to a woman even more beautiful than the voice in that called to him. He had seen elven women before, and this one rivaled even them.

Help? With what? Puck looked to his chair and shrugged in confusion as to what she might mean. "I don't..." Just at that moment a passing car hit his favorite chair sending it flying in splinters all over the road.

"!" Puck's jaw dropped in shock. Looking back to the woman, "Surely you must be a fortune teller. How did you know I would need help with my chair?"

With that he quickly began to pick up the closest pieces of wood to his chair, still oblivious to the passing cars.

Tag: TEE, Blu

18. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Oa, 70 Years Ago

As Green Lantern Steve Rogers stepped into the Inner Sanctum, a tall pink figure, dressed in similar clothing as Steve, turned around after talking to another Green Lantern. He stood in the center of the circle that was surrounded by the pods of the Guardians. They looked at him with a hint of distrust and disapproval, with Thaal Sinestro portraying the look of surprise.

?The readings of Abin Sur?s ring showed you to be of smaller size then you appear now. Welcome, Green Lantern Recruit Steve Rogers. I am Thaal Sinestro, Green Lantern of Sector 1417. This meeting has been called to examine you and your abilities as the first Human recruit to the Corps.?

The Guardians did not move or say a thing. Sinestro continued, ?I?m sure that you have begun to grasp that you are the new Protector of your sector and the Representative of Earth. Are you prepared to defend it to the death? Are you capable??

Tag: Ramza

------
    Latveria, 6 Months Ago

Piotr looked up as the iron man, Dr. Doom, was unaffected by their attacks and goaded them. Throwing the rocket launcher aside and marching up the steps, Piotr tore through Doom?s defensive lines with his knife and bare hands as his unit regained their composure and continued their extermination and setting of charges all throughout the palace. By the time Piotr got to the same level as Doom, he stood angrily, staring down the man. Clinching his fist tightly, Piotr body began to change.

[image=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10419/Colossus%203.jpg]
    ?You have torn apart this country and lied to these people. You?ve killed my family and will pay?? The man?s body became solid metal and his size began to grow. ?With your life.?

Piotr charged, breaking through the barrier around Doom and grabbing his head. Electricity ran through Piotr, but he felt none of it. Bringing Doom to his eye level, Piotr landed a solid punch to Doom?s stomach, breaking a rib and lifted the man above his head before slamming him through the floor and down to the ground level in a large impact greater. Roaring, Piotr dropped through the hole, aiming to bring his multiple thousand pounds down upon Doom. There would be room to escape, but Doom would need to act fast and push through his injuries.

Tag: Ramza

------
    New York City

Domino?s luck was as good as ever as the blade landed squarely in the middle of the Beast?s eyes, but the blade was unable to disorient the creature as much as she would hope. The Beast took one step back in pain, but braced in anger for the kick of Domino?s which landed solidly against its hard chest. The Beast counterattacked by grabbing the woman?s leg and slamming her into the street before flinging her through a glass window of an electronics store.

Reaching up the Beast pulled the knife out of its skull and roared throughout the street before slowly, in a stalking manner, began making its way to Domino. The young woman would have several shards of glass lodged in her back and a rather large piece in her shoulder, as luck would have it, fallen cables from the ceiling had been damaged by the rampage of the Hulk earlier and were lying, spouting electricity, on the floor beside her. The Beast continued its approach.

----
    Marric?s little sister looked up at the sky and back at him with a concerned expression on her face. ?Kid, you need to calm down before you die. This weather isn?t going to help your father and getting him treatment.? With a wave of her palm, Marric?s powers were cut off from the outside world and they both were inside a dark sphere, with the storm clouds filling the insides of it. Lightning struck at the sides and Marric?s sister looked at where it had landed. ?If you don?t stop this now, your power will eventually kill you here.?

Tag: Reynar, Yuul

------
    San Francisco

Beast Boy waved from the couch, still holding his leg. ?Nice to meet you guys as well.?

Raven nodded at them, Wally gave them thu

19. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kiara Paige

As Kiara laid out on the grass, trying to get a hold on her emotions, she felt her phone in the back pocket of her jeans begin to vibrate. Slowly, she pulled it out and looked at the lit up screen. And her stomach dropped. Her mother was calling. So, that probably means she heard...or maybe she's just checking in to see that I got home safe...I hope. She didn't answer though, her tears had yet to get under control. The phone buzzed a moment later, showing that there was a new text message and cautiously, she opened the phone. She could feel that fiery bit of anxiety explode deep in her stomach. She let her head fall back onto the grass, tears now pouring down her face. Her mother knew alright. And she wasn't happy. The message told her to go to school, there was no doubt that she was already there. Waiting.

After a few minutes of drying her tears on her shirt, she stood slowly, trying to keep her balance and began trudging back. It would take a while to get back to her school, but at least if nothing else, she learned how to get to a location quickly. She stared blankly ahead, feeling absolutely nothing inside. There was a small amount of anxiety because of her mom's reaction to her leaving school early, but yet, the oddly comforting numbness layered over it as if it was nothing. She walked down the street and even though cars and people were passing her by, she felt like there was no one there. She was all alone and the entire world went silent. The light from the sun dimmed a bit and everything blurred. She blinked away the teardrops and realized they were the reason her vision was blurring. And yet, more rolled down her face without restraint, without care. Her legs moved onward on the pavement without any thoughts in her mind, as if they had a mind of their own. Why...why was this happening to her? Why wasn't she like everyone else? Why was she different? Alone?

The troubled Kiara eventually came to a stop at a bench, sitting down with aching limbs. She leaned forward, her head falling in her hands as she sobbed quietly, listening to the sounds of the world filter back in her ears. Who says I have to live like this...? There's something I can do...something I can do to change this curse. Change this life. Her head lifted up and her blue eyes, a determined fire appeared behind the glossy layer of tears, and her gaze drifted about, searching for something. First, she looked to the cars driving by quickly, to a small fountain nearby, to buildings that lined the streets. And everything came to a halt as she stared at something. That was it.

A large bus passed the bench she was sitting on, blocking her view of the building for a moment and when it passed, Kiara was no longer sitting there, rather, a different looking woman. She was heavier set with lush red hair pulled back into a ponytail and her pale green eyes blinked several times to get rid of the confusion. Fate, it seemed, had different plans for Kiara. Gazing down at the watch on her wrist, she could only shake her head, not know how she had gotten where she was, but she was rather tired and sometimes you can do things you don't register when you're tired. A faint smile came to her lips, eager for the appointment she had made as she looked down at her hand. Her finger felt so empty without her beautiful and lovely engagement ring she had received from her boyfriend...well, now fiancé, the week before, though it was too large, so they had taken it in to get it resized and today was the day it was ready for pick up. Excitement filled her as she made her way down to the jewelry shop. There were many people already inside the store when she finally arrived, some were just browsing the clear display cases, others were being sized or rang up with their rather expensive, but beautiful gifts for their loved ones, or themselves.

The woman grinned happily as she moved to the counter. "Frank, is my ring ready?"

The elder man, with dark graying hair, smiled in greeting. He held up one hand and then reached under the counter, produc

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mary and Pauly
    Los Angeles

Mary walked through the downtown area of LA. She loved the city. Never a dull moment. It was always alive with the other street people that made LA, well, LA. Street performers, break dancers, skateboarders, and other vagabonds infecting the underground street scene. Not too far from Chinatown, or Olvera Street, there was always something to do. She grabbed herself a pretzel, and she walked down the street, munching, making sure to feed Pauly a few bits of the warm bread as well. Soon, she came across a large crowd of people all standing around someone. She managed to work her way through the crowd, snagging a bit of change as she did. She never took alot. She didnt need it, exccept for the occasional machine. Besides, that would be unfair. And she prefered taking from richer folks, or if someone was acting an idiot. But sometimes beggers couldnt be picky. Anyway, she made her way to the front of the group, and found out they were watching an uncannily talented card dealer and large amount of money he was collecting from the crowd as they tried to figure out his skills.

Mary had seen many folks on the street. Some were strickly scam artists. Others, really did have a talent. It did seem kind of odd, that he would keep his money out like he did. But this was LA..home of the strange, land of the free-range.

Mary wiggled her way to the front of the pact, while the guy was working on his next mark. She decided that she would watch him, trying to see how he was doing what he was doing. Mary walked over to the table, after making sure she kept Pauly busy with another warm pretzel bite, and then began to watch with keen interest.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger
    New York 2005

His arm was back under Wesley´s control. One arm this time. Two voices in his head screamed. Both wanted to save Olivia. Matthew kept control for now, as Solid raged to kill Wesley. He wanted to push himself away, to kill himself if he needed to save Olivia. He wanted others to pay for this. Gilroy that liar!

It was Matthew who had control though. Because this problem was a scientific one and demanded a scientific solution. The question was how to keep Wesley from controlling him. How did he control him? Central nerve system, he´d say. Muscles. Then how the hell did he know Olivia was standing next to him? How did he coordinate movment? NOT through feeling. Because there was none. The guy did not possess his arm. he would be helpless with the lack of sensual data. He coordinated it the way Matthew did. By sight. He saw it and therefore he knew where how was.

Grabbing his own arm Matthew used all his kinetic might to push his arm down. He was invulnerable, but not very strong. It should loose the grip. He hammered on his solid ankle again and again and he closed his eyes while doing it. Bruce was trying to hurt him somehwere. Silly.

"Gilroy, you know who does this! Sedate him and I´ll tell you what I know about him!" Matthew screamed while standing there with closed eyes.

22. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

?I?m so happy you?re okay, Jean. I?m sorry we were not able to make it before all this. Are you okay??

"I'm fine." Kathy replied, wondering if, with the blood on her shirt and face, Herman really believed her. "Just kind of rattled, is all. Seeing the city like this..."

She shrugged, tailing off into silence. There wasn't much one could say.

"It's my home, Herman. And that... that monster is destroying it."

Her words yesterday came back to her and twisted like knives. maybe it was different, seeing your own in trouble. It brought it all home. If others felt like this, and she had the power to help them? How could Kathy to refuse to come to their aid?

Mind you- 'I tried to get into his mind." she said quietly. "The monster, I mean. He threw me out."

[TAG blu]

23. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

Agent Gilroy only watched as Matthew continued to strangle Olivia, curiously noting how he was not being hurt by Bruce?s attacks and how his skin hardened at the sense of harm. When the guards arrived, Olivia was blue and unconscious on the ground with Bruce at her side. Matthew yelled at Gilroy, but the man only stood up from his desk, waving a palm to stop the guards from trying to sedate him with a syringe.

?Oh, we will be sedating someone, Mr. Berger, but it will not be Wesley. Guards, set your tasers to maximum voltage and treat Mr. Berger with a kind dose.? The agent, despite being in his late 30s or early 40s, was lightning quick as he slid over the desk and jacked Matthew against the wall with his forearm while the guards and he supplied Matthew with a good share of voltage, sending the electricity through his body and causing him to black out.

As the limp body slid to the floor, Gilroy took the syringe from the guards and jammed it into Matthew?s face, only for the needle to split and the glass to shatter. ?Just as I thought a damn mutant. Lock him up before he comes to.?

----
    30 Minutes Later
    Matthew would awake as his body was thrown against the floor in a cage, in a room full of cages. A near his respective cage, Wesley would be there watching, hanging upside by his ankles in his own cage with dark shades over his eyes and hands tied behind his back. But he could see his mark on Matthew as clear as daylight. His stoic expression would be visible, but there a hint of satisfaction in his voice that would let Matthew know that Wesley considered this a just punishment.

?All you had to do was perform a favor for me and that would have been the end of it, Matthew. You may be wondering how I was able to pull that little trick earlier with Olivia. Remember the eye contact we had before I was drug out of sight from you? If you had a mirror now, you could see my mark on your right eyeball. Also, as I said, I know everything about you. Everything. I could blindly guess as to who you would be near. But with you being this close with that marking on you?Yes, it will take about another hour.? Wesley clicked his tongue, thinking, but the pause had been deliberate. ?Unless, you would like to escape.?

24. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Not long as the other ones I'm afraid.
    IC: Marric Johnson
    New York City

?Kid, you need to calm down before you die. This weather isn?t going to help your father and getting him treatment.?

It took a long moment for the words to reach Marric, to reach him rather than just hearing them. By the time they had, the teen noticed that whatever looked like his sister had somehow condensed and sealed the storm as well as them inside some form of a dark sphere. The storm created from his anger, not to mention Anger's freed form, lashed out at the sides of its containment, bolts of lightning thunder past to strike the walls of the sphere without Marric's direction but to no avail.

?If you don?t stop this now, your power will eventually kill you here.?

Who the hell was this person? It took Marric a moment longer to realize the mental question had an echo to it, almost as if Anger was asking it as well. But that was impossible. And so Marric shut that thought out of his thoughts for the moment. What he needed to do was calm down and find some way to restrain Anger once more, along with the freed lesser emotions. But as he thought about it, on his knees as he was, he wasn't sure he could. He had poured nearly every last drop into restraining Fury and Rage earlier. At this moment, the background section of his mind that somehow kept track of any form of weather in a rather large radius had been tracking the paths of the wild lightning bolts in the sphere noted where the next one was heading. Towards the being that looked like his sister. Whether it was from not wanting to see his abilities harm something that looked so identical to his sister or from just desperately wanting to not have another murder on his conscience he didn't know. But though he did not know why, he did know that he didn't want it to happen. He couldn't let it happen. Wouldn't let it happen. And so for the first time since that night in the park Marric purposefully used his ability to the fullest, and not just on the easy to control air.

One couldn't just stop a lightning bolt in midair, and Marric wasn't trying to. Instead he forcefully bent the bolt into an angle where it just barely shot past the form or image of his sister's shoulder before colliding with the inside section of the sphere they were trapped in. Before he lost his nerve Marric turned his will to the condensed storm around them forcing it through willpower to dissipate, despite Anger's resistance on the matter. Over the course of the next few seconds the storm dissipated, though to Marric it seemed more like hours in his tired mental state. He was exhausted and he knew it, but he still had momentum in this struggle and he absolute had to jail Anger and the others that had escaped now lest they cause further chaos. And so he willfully wrestled the bright red of Anger and the myriad of the others back into the prison, with his mental self collapsing on top of it.

It was a long moment later that Marric returned his awareness to his physical surroundings, now finding himself sprawled on the dirty asphalt of the street. He struggled slowly to his feet before turning to the person/thing/being and speaking up, his voice quiet and dry, "Thank you."

Tag: Blu, Livi

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger
    New York 2005

"To be your puppet?" He asked and put his hands behind his head. "Sorry pal, but I had two options after you pushed me into the corner. One was to kill you. Two was to get somewhere I could do no harm to nobody. I´d say it is number two. If I need to I´ll simply kill myself. But I won´t be your puppet, pal. And you can need as many hours as you want to. Sooner or later they sedate you or they kill you or you fall asleep or you get tortured. And I am free. Who knows, maybe I can flee? Maybe I kill myself. Maybe i tell them . . . something. Now my friend time is no longer on your side. I lost. Nothing for you to threaten me with." Matthew nodded. No. Matthew wasn´t there. Solid nodded. Solid smiled. Solid was not in a hurry. He knew when he had lost and he did not care. he felt nothing. Nothing at all. Somewhere inside Matthew screamed to be let out, but Solid did not even understand why. His soul was much like his skin.

It had needs. It had no regrets and it had no pain.

"So if you wanna play, play. If you wanna sell me something talk. If you wanna show off, do so. It´s over. I lost. The strange thingy is, you haven´t won a thing. Making me a looser and you an frikkin idiot. Us hangin´ in these cages pretty much reflects that, don´t ya think?"

Thingy? Frikkin? Ya? Matthew inside stopped scream and wondered what the hell was happening. While Solid leaned back and closed his eyes.

"Then again you´re lying. Because if you could do what you claim and keep it up you would not try so desperatly to sell me that thing, would ya? So what is ´t about that the end of the world, huh? Tell me a little good night story, Wessy!"

EDIT: Forgot to copy paste last paragraph. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.