main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Origins of Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Battlemaiden, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlemaiden

Battlemaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Was it programmed into the ARC Troopers at Sidious' orders? That seems to be the implication.

And for that matter, what was Order 1-65? =P

2. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    yeah it was programmed in there when they were ordered...not a bad move if you ask me...

and orders 1-65 i could only guess be...

Kill everything else that moves :)

3. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    What if Sidious or his master actually did help create Anakin through midi's, then in a way order 66 could have been bred into him as well as everyone turns on the jedi about the same time

4. 7thWheel

7thWheel Jedi Master star 1

May 29, 2005
    I call shennanagans on that Chest! The clones were just that. Clones. They were created in a lab and thier genitic code could have had Order 66 programed into them. Anakin was created by manipulating midiclorians in Shimi to create life. There was no genetic reconstructing going on there. Just a bunch of force cells gathering together in Grandma Skywalkers belly so she could birth our Hero/Villian.

5. Techno-Union-Elite

Techno-Union-Elite Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2005
    It would be pretty hard to contact the commanders when they are not near a Jedi. I'm confused. It seems logical for the Emperor to program it in early. But something tells me that it might have been a little too early.

6. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    it would have had to be program...because otherwise they would not have followed it...and i only think that sidious could have game them that order...which was great

7. 7thWheel

May 29, 2005
    Its obvious. Dooku and Sidious arranged the manufacturing of the clones and paid for them so it is obvious that they were encoded to follow order66 with out fail. The only one who knew about order66 was Palpatine so he didnt have to worry about anyone giving the order 66 code.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The Clones were programmed/brainwashed into unquestioning obedience of the Supreme Chancellor. They weren't necessarily programmed with Order 66 specifically, though they were probably told of it during training.

9. Techno-Union-Elite

Mar 15, 2005
    Perhaps it was only told to the handful of commanders during their production and eventually passed onto their squads when the time was nearing.

10. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Little known fact, Order 67 was "Make me a fabulous pancake breakfast".

11. 7thWheel

May 29, 2005
    Yes. That was for the Clones that worked in the mess hall.

12. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I believe Palpatine later created a basic 'text book' for the clones. Order 66 basically stipulated the Jedi are plotting for their own gain and are to be destroyed at a carefully selected time.

Clones are docile and obedient. They are a blank canvass. Order 66 will not be on their minds day-to-day, therefore the Jedi would never pick up on the plot.

13. Techno-Union-Elite

Mar 15, 2005
    Haha somebody should make an Order 1 - 66 thread.

14. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    All those who failed at "Order 67" were killed on the spot, while Palpatine stomped on and pointed at their bodies yelling, "traitor".

15. X_Darth_Binks_X

X_Darth_Binks_X Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Master Sifidious( sound like sidious huh?) is the one that order the clones, which was all by the doing of the Emperor, so Order 66 came about cuz it made sense so Palpy could take control of the sensate, and so Lucas could explain where those stormtroopers came from....

16. Techno-Union-Elite

Mar 15, 2005
    Maybe it was an emergency protocol that was taught to all of the clones. That would mean that they didn't know for sure that they would eventually turn on the Jedi. This would ensure that they would serve them without question. However, the Emperor's power still over-ruled theirs especially in an emergency situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.