main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Orlando 2017!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by michaelsft, May 4, 2016.

1. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001

Do we know for sure which hall(s) Celebration 2017 will be in? The address listed on the website is the address of the North/South Concourse. I know that the last two Celebrations in Orlando were at the West Concourse.

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Last time I was able to get free Wi-Fi access in the lobby. The few other places I tried failed. We can always hope Wi-Fi access will be better this time. You might be able to pay to get better access though. I didn't want to pay, so I didn't explore this option.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't want to drain my phone using it as a hotspot. I think I'll just add my iPad to my data account for the month.

4. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Does anybody know where can I buy resale (1) one 4 day adult ticket? They sold out. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    There's a group on Facebook, a quick search should find it.

6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I have an Iranian dad though we moved our there aboy 30 years ago ... have no idea if I will now be able to get a visa to attend (I'm an Australian ) .. hotel and tickets booked but feeling c depressed at present.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Do you have an Australian passport? If so you might be OK. Best bet would be to contact the American Embassy or consulate to see what the situation would be.

8. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Hi all, curious about the food scene at SWC, I'm sure theres a food area of some sort yea? & hows the food been in years past? Are we allowed to bring snacks in? thanks

9. will_russ_knight

will_russ_knight Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2017
    Echosen:
    There are multiple on site food vendors, someone posted a list
    Its not that great food, and extremely over priced, and the lines are long
    There are multiple offsite food places that are very close (McDonalds, ect)

Yes, you can bring in drinks and snacks. Highly recommended (water, Protein Bars)

10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, definitely avoid buying a bunch of food at the convention center if you can help it.

11. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Thanks... Star wars lunch box it is.

xyloren likes this.
  12. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017

So for opening day, is it 2 sepatrate lines 1for the opening ceremony 2 to get into the exibition hall? As of now I'd rather just get into the exhibition hall and try for some exclusives. What time did you get to the convention center?

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Most likely. Just wait. They'll announce the procedures closer to Celebration. If you're just wanting in the exhibition hall, there's no need to camp out unless you're dead set on getting exclusives.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    So, the Star Wars show just revealed the Episode VIII panel will be on Friday.

Padme501st likes this.
  15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    hmmm I wonder why not the first day?

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe the participants couldn't do the Thursday. Remember, the Friday is Good Friday and is a holiday for quite a few people (state holiday in 13 US states).

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm guessing they do something for Carrie on the first day. They already have this thing on Easter weekend. Doubt Good Friday has anything to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm guessing Friday just fit everyone's schedule the best, such as working around filming schedules for other projects.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Friday is going to be a long day. Waiting in line all morning and then doing Galactic Nights at Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Since the cast will be there for the panel, do you think they got them book as Celebrity guests for the Disney event? They did say there will be special guests and chance for autographs there. Doing both on the same day would help the cast with their schedules and make the Disney event even more special

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it's possible.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I really hope that is the plan. At the very minimum Rian and Kathleen should be there.

23. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Oh god I hope they are using more than just the west concourse. The west concourse is bigger than all of the Anaheim convention center, but I still feel like they'd be wasting space that could be used for artist/celebration store/droid builders/Episode 8 exhibit (if they have one like they had for TFA in 2015) in the north/south concourse. Yeah, the west building can probably house everything, but even with the extra space I still foresee overcrowding like we got in Anaheim.

The biggest issue I can see people having this year is getting into the Celebration stage. Provided they use the theater, it's got less than half the amount of seats that the theater in Anaheim had (the one saving grace for Anaheim was that the celebration stage housed 7500 people).

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm really hoping they set up another main stage as the celebration stage. The lines during the last Orlando celebrations were horrible, and that was before any new films hype.

25. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    If they're sticking to just the west concourse, the only other room big enough would be the ballroom. It's twice the size of the theater but doesn't have the theater-style seating.So they'd either have to build the stage elevated or have people complain about not being able to see the further back they got.

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll use the theater as the celebration stage and have a second room dedicated to overfill where they simulcast the main stage.

I may complain about them overselling Anaheim, but at least getting into the celebration stage was pretty easy there.