main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando FF ideas

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediDan, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    OK Orlando! Who's got skills?
    Some possible things to think about doing:

1)Some type of costuming get-together. Get togther to work on costumes, esp if some people can sew...

2)Which can lead into a possible fan film to showcase what we can do, maybe join force with other FF to accomplish this.

Just some ideas I'm working on.

-Dan

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Well- I can help with photoshop, premiere, illustrator, after effects and lightwave. Pretty much the CG aspects of things- if you need help with that kind of stuff- when it comes to sewing- I can sew a button to a shirt thats all I can do when it comes to sewing- I usually contract someone for that kind of stuff.

3. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Ok I can't even sew a button on a shirt, that's why I also contract out. I'm pretty good in the design phase and such but after that I'm useless.
    That's great you can work with all the CG and premeire stuff. That will help alot. Just something to start thinking about for down the road.

-Dan

4. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Your in luck boys! I can sew almost anything and I love to do it. I'd be happy to teach anyone interested in learning.

5. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    HAHAH! AWSOME!!

i got ANOTHER idea!!

HELP STEFANIE MAKE HER PROM DRESS (Yeah, im making padme's rainbow/lake retreat dress)

I was actually thinking of making it white or lilac instead of rainbow but I dunno, cuz i would want to use it as a costume for cons and stuff.... w/e

Newayz, if we do any movies or anything maybe i could try my hand at composing williams like music!! It would be fun!! MUHAHHAHA!

aight i gotta get off...my dad's bugging me about hw...stupid school....

6. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    So, you could maybe help with some small alteration on my Jedi Luke tunic. Some of the clasps need to be adjusted to fit and close correctly. They're kinda misplace right now. The person that put them on was in NJ so I wasn't there to be fitted.

7. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    cool two sewing Stef's!!!! What's the chance in that? Sweet I can't wait to make my prom dress too! :p
    I wore a Mickey Mouse Tux to my prom. I always have to be the most unusually dressed person.

Hey Delaya you still going to Melbourne BCC? How was the Scots Welsh thing?

8. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I don't go to melbourne right now because my car died on me.
    The Scottish thing was cool. Learned what guys wear under their kilts! [face_devil]
    Maybe we should set up a kind of costume meeting. Something in addition to the regular one.

9. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Having a costume meeting, in addition to the regular meeting might be a good idea. Even better that we have Megacon coming up, can help some people out with costumes if they want. I'll check a date in Feb, prob on a Sunday again since it's the only weekend day I have off.

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Ain't none of those freaks wearing regimental kilts in the friggin cold- though if they did- anyways- you'd have laughed at em. Sorry about yer car. See ya. oooh... I highly recommend a sewing workshop- maybe we should start up some kind of sewing guild.

11. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Did you guys ever explore further the concept of making a fan film?

And when I say that, I mean a GOOD one? Where acting and directing are important and it's not just another "shoot scenes in a forest and have a gajillion lightsaber fights?"

I've been in multimedia for... oh, dear, that's a long time... for about 21 years now. Waaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was in High School, circa 1978, I got the school board to give me $500 to rent Star Wars costumes to shoot a satire.

Since then, I've gone pro, have directed a gazillion commercials, studio shows, actors in CD-ROM presentations... in other words I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS.

Let me know if there's still any interest.

12. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I am very much still intersted in this. PM or email me if you like. Thanks!!

Dan

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah... whatever happened to our movie? I wanna play a Hutt.

14. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    I GET DIBS ON COMPOSING AND ARRAGING THE MUSIC!! HEHEHEHEHE!!

Also, I need to start making my armor for the 501st! I was thinking Clone Trooper? (i REALLY want a Zam costume but its SOO much work!!)

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I get dibs on CGI and post-production work

16. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    O NO! James in charge of CGI...scary! J/K!! he's awesome at it! The film sounds awesome though! What should we do it on? We should start an idea thread!

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    not as scary as the wookie you have in a headlock under yer arm- oh-- thats not a wookie... hmmm... Yeah.... well... okay.. It's something worst. I hate to see... okay.. moving right along.. hey you guys you should check out Pip's website and look for the pic of her running through Darth Maul! It's pretty cool! Okay-- Maybe it ain't there?

18. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    It's nothing worse....just your cat!! KISS KISS!

19. AceHoly

Mar 6, 2003
    Ruckus, what kind of CGI/post-production work have you done? Just interested.

Myself, I'm a 20 veteran of multimedia production, from years of video shooting/editing/writing to commercials to full-on CD-ROMs with video hosts. I would offer my services in a writing or directorial capacity (I'm also a published writer). I ask about Ruckus' CGI work because I have a friend of mine who's been a professional graphic and 3D designer for about as many years who does some AMAZING stuff (and has several amazing effects programs).

I'm interested in doing something different - something that when done will seem as professional in scope as Troops. I may even have a handle on local actors who might be interested. We just need a dynamite concept to start.

20. AceHoly

Mar 6, 2003
    There are a number of ways to go with this - we can play it straight, or we can go with comedy (either in-galaxy comedy... ie, stay true to the SW galaxy but use a character that is funny) or do a satire. Well-done satire may get us more notice than going another route.

I'm personally open to any direction, but had a thought that might work REALLY well. We do a satire of Back to the Future, with AOTC Anakin as Marty McFly. Padme would be the girlfriend, and we would need to get someone who can do a Christopher Lloyd impersonation to do Obi-Wan Kenobi as Doc Brown.

The three go back in time (right into clips from TPM) and forward (to clips from the OT) and incorporate our characters into existing film clips. Imagine Anakin seeing his future self as Darth Vader and saying "Oh, no. In the future I become a DICK!"

Biff would be Jango Fett (and his son, Biffo Fett). Since he is the source for all stormtrooper clones, all stormtroopers would sound like Biff. "Move along, Butthead."

It's a thought, anyway. What do you think?

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    well to get a good idea check out my website-
    www.geocities.com/ruckusx

Check out the Lightwave section-
    but in all actuallity- I have been doing amateur stuff- all self taught... I've been using Lightwave for almost 2 years now and am in the process of going to school to learn to use Lightwave at hopefully a professional level... I'm not sure if the gang is up to a comedy sketch- however I like a comedy angle. I posted a idea in a post. Well thats that.

22. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Another thought.... I don't know if I just posted here or not.... it's late and I'm tired, but anyway....

Finding a meeting place and setting a time and date is a job in itself and Orlando is currently regrouping, but I think the idea of a film should be discussed whenever possible. But the question comes to mind, "Where do we do this?"

I already forsee needing places not only to actually film, but space to do whatever work is needed. I think it's almost a primary consideration. Working alone in our homes makes it rather difficult and I doubt Barnes and Noble or the like would let us make props and costumes or haul in computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.