main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando is dead

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MusicJedi, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    so how much time should me give ourselves to get enough people together to meet up for this??

and what day of the week is best for the rest of you?

once we get enough info together we can put an official post about the meeting on other florida boards.

how does that sound guys??

2. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Sounds great. I am an average working Joe. So 8-5 is out on monday to friday, but the weekends look good. I have symphony rehearsal on tuesday nights as well.

3. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    You know me, hapless college student with a passion for life and a part time job, so any time is good.

4. Docsw

Docsw Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2001
    At least weekends seems perfect since most of us have more free time.

Maybe give a few weeks or a month so that word gets around about the reunion??

what do you guys think?

:D

5. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    DragonCon is happening the end of August so I would guess sometime after that. The only reason being is I know most of the folks I know going to it are saving their duckets for that event.
    I am considering letting all of the other SW boards I belong to know about this too. It would be a grand affair indeed to get a mass together and see what happens after that.
    Buzz

6. Docsw

Jun 2, 2001
    After Dragon.Con seems right.

What about the weekend of September 7-9
    or the weekend after that September 14-16 ??

Any suggestions or preferences??

7. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I will need at LEAST a week to recover.

8. Docsw

Jun 2, 2001
    Well lets leave a week in the middle between Dragon.Con and our reunion.

How does September 14-16 sound?
    Maybe on Saturday, Sept. 15??

How many of you vote for that date?

Please ask on other Boards interested in meeting in Orlando at Sci-Fi in that date or another

9. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Ok, so this week I am going to head down to Sci-fi city and ask them some questions...

One of these questions will be wether we can set up a booth out side of the store for people to "sign in" and people can get a name tag.

after people have a chance to look around the store I figured we could go somewhere to meet...there are several options we could choose...

1) the orlando library, they have tons of rooms where people can meet and talk

2) a room somewhere in UCF, they are really big and I can get permission from the engineering office to borrow any of the rooms there, most of which will be vacant on a saturday.

3) we could all eat somewhere, only I can;t think of anywhere that could house a large number of us where we could actually hear each other talk!!

Let me know your input on this, and any questions you would like me to ask the people at Sci-fi city.

Ia

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I applaud your ground work.
    Ask if the folks at Sci-Fi City if they have a meeting room. It's been a few months since I have been down there and I don't know if they will have space. I know that they were remodeling there.
    Also the meeting place should be close by as many of us are coming from out of town and are not familiar with the myriad of roadways that is Orlando.
    I hope we have a massive turn out. But I am ereing on the side of moderation. I like to think every SW fan in the state will be there but who knows.
    When we have a date set I'll post on the 501st board, and Rebel Legion board.
    Not that I think the world would or should revolve around me, but the first couple weekends of October are real bad for me. I'm heading for Mexico and the Carribean then.
    I know... poor me.... but I really want to meet you all!!!!!
    Buzz

11. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Sea trooper's got a good point. I can't wait to do this. Keep me posted!

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    At the risk of blowing the good point I made... will there be an agenda for our meeting? I don't think we should since I brought it up. This needs to be social in nature to see what develops.
    Buzz

13. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    Is there anything we want to accomplish or is this just a "for fun" meeting? I am fine with just going to meet everyone and have a good time.

14. Docsw

Jun 2, 2001
    I think we could meet and discuss anything we like. Probably since it's after Dragon.Con some of you may want to show us some pictures or stories from there. Your views on Episode II. Just have some in our reunion, no formal things just meet, say Hi and have a good time

15. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Crap! That is the same weekend at the Photoshop convention in Tampa. Poop.

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I'm looking forward to this event. Doing the board is one thing, but three dimensional it's not.
    My mind is racing a grand a mile here, so I didn't mean to sound like we should be getting organized earlier. I was letting my fingers get my thoughts in order. That's why I have been dormant the last few days... sorry... ego dictates I was missed....
    If we get a club going I am looking forward to being a plankowner in it, and if there is ANYTHING I may be able to do to help set this up I want someone to let me know.
    Buzz

17. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    #define plankowner

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Ok guys, first off...how many of you live in orlando. Purhaps a few of us could get together and talk. As for a central meeting place, are you all saying that Sci-fi city is not central for you?

One last thing. as an item for our meeting agenda I was thinking a speill on all of the films e are all working on would be good. So I would need everyone to tell me what film they are working on. People could also bring things to show off that are going in their movies and so forth.

Oh yeah...I will be going by Sci-fi city today. I will also be on the lookout for somewhere at Dianey we could meet

19. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Sorry, I didn't state it clearly but I meant a few of us could get together and meet as a planning meeting for the large meeting

20. Docsw

Jun 2, 2001
    Well I live in Altmonte Springs.
    We can set a mini reunion and later
    go for the big one.

Does anyone have a better choice than sci-fi city?? Please send more recomendations for meeting places for our reunion.

Let Orlando live!

21. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Actually how many of you know were the Chine Jade all you eat Buffet is? they have a top floor that they reserve for large get togetherrs and its all you can eat chinese food for under ten bucks

The resteraunt is right near the fasion square mall

22. Cigam Retah

Mar 30, 1999
    Hey Docsw, if I yell loud enough, you could probably hear me!

China Jade sounds like alot of fun...nothing better than all you can eat!

23. Docsw

Jun 2, 2001
    Orlando are you still alive??!!

Are there any update on the locations for our meeting? Has anybody gathered any other info on places to meet?

Please a recent response to keep this alive

24. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I know!!! for real guys...it looks like orlando really is dead!!!

I went to sci-fi city and there were a bunch of weirdos hanging out...so I say that we should pick somewhere else to meet. It seems as if they are sticking to mostly gaming and they don't have much of anything else. Of course, as soon as a star trek or starwars movie comes out that will all change.

25. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    an Apprentice of the Force Movie preview

Ia Windimere Whiteley: Producer, Director, Writer
    "As she stood there looking up at me she clasped her hands together just like a jedi.
    I believe a tear came to my face, Bon-hih. She walked closer to me and looked
    upward saying, "so they tell me I am to become a jedi?"
    -Jovandi Vanguidenakis
    Apprentice of The Force - The Never- ending Saga continues
    http://www.billboard.net/iaepisode/AOTF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.