main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando System Roll Call

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueScribner, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks to Audrey I've found you guys. (Whew!) I'm sorry for what happened but, at least we're here :)

Jessie

2. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Hey Jesse, Peggy, glad you made it.

Mike, yes I live near Lando Lane. Part of Lando is in my neighborhood (in fact, I'm across the corner from it) and it continues in the next neighborhood over.

3. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I'm here! Hey everyone! It's been a while!

4. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Hey ya'll...

We're still here. Though not really here. Oh well. :(

Mike, we really appreciated all your hard work. I had forgotten what a mess the TFN boards were without the different sections we had with your boards. I've been clicking my roguezeepo.com emails for the last two weeks and been like "WTF mate? Why's it keep giving me this error message?" Anyways, mystery solved. MTFBWY on trying to get everything back on its feet.

5. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Sigh.... I miss the old boards :_|

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    So is there no interest in a remotely hosted forum? I keep checking this thread for input, but no one seems to have an opinion.

7. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    This will be a month long remembered. It has seen the end of RogueZeppo. It will soon see the end of the Orlando System. ...or will it?

8. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Greetings everyone!!

I had NO idea what happened to the other board..I just know I wasn't able to login!! I'm so happy to see everyone again!!

It's Aszmianh here...did anyone do anything special for the DVD release the other day? I dressed in my Jedi robes and went to my job's training class to learn some new software..I was the only one who dressed up!! I heard before my lunch one of my co-workers mentioning that Best Buy had put their Force FX sabers on sale, so at lunch I bought an Anakin Skywalker lightsaber, and played with it in class ;) The kifds who came by our house for Halloween candy were greeted at our door by the sound of a powering-up lightsaber blade..the one kid who dressed as Darth Vader wanted to trade lightsabers with me...LOL

Can anyone tell me when the next meeting is? I swear I will make it to meeting at some point!! I want to meet all of you ;)

MTFBWY,
    Aszmianh Joonaa

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    At the moment there is no meeting planned, though if we see some interest we will try to fix something up. Basically, losing our better boards has knocked the wind out of the Orlando System a bit and those of us that even realized what happened have lost some enthusiasm. The majority of our regular posters seem don't seem to have checked in here, and we don't have a way to contact them. It is a dark time for the System. -Campbell

10. DarthCaves

DarthCaves Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    I hope we can get something going with the meetings. Everyone is more than welcome to come down to Okeechobee anytime and have a meeting down here. I know it's a long drive but its just a thought. I am interested in having meetings. But with losing the old board, it did mess up alot of things. Hopefully something will come up. Well I will come up there if we decided to have one. If not, maybe we can just plan to have some big bash for MegaCon. I am getting the all weekend pass and renting a hotel for the days. I know that is a ways away, but that is another option.

Later,

Walt

11. the_wild_kaarde

the_wild_kaarde Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    I thought Rogue was going to check his backups for email addys to inform people of what happened...

12. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Looking through one of my backups, there does appear to be some addies contain within, but I don't know if it's a complete member listing or not and I don't really know who is who; it's just a bunch of e-mail addresses mixed in with a bunch of other data. It'll take some time to go through it all and pluck all the addies out. I'll try to have it done this weekend.

As for the old site, it's gone forever. I cancelled my account with my host for personal reasons so we're either making TFN our home again or going elsewhere, just not where we were.

L8r

13. zam-70

zam-70 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    Hello everyone, I just got Mike's message about the board being gone,(I obviously have been keeping up with my email real well lately[face_tired] ) I'm sorry all that happened to you Mike the board was really nice.
    Glad I found everyone again.:)

Jennifer

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Glad you found us, too. If you know of anyone else, new or old, that's a local fan, please let them know we are here!

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I e-mailed all the members (save for one) from the most current member list at the old board. So if everyone gave me real e-mail addresses that they check on a semi-regular basis, everyone who was on the old board should get the message about this board.

Still no thoughts on ezboard? We sticking with this place, then?

16. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe we should take a vote?

17. DarthCaves

Oct 19, 2005
    I was checking on EZ Boards and I was going to register, in case we moved. I stopped when they required a Social Security Number. I am sure it would be ok, but I was just wary on giving that info out to someone online. I don't know why it would require that but it would not let me continue without putting it on there.

Later,

Walt

18. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Jennifer!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

Mike, wow, awesome task getting that email out. I got a copy, too.

Let's not let the board crashing get in the way of our fun! I see most of the folks who came to the last three meetings checked in. Maybe getting together again will give us our second wind, and we can talk about the whole where-to-host-the-board thing as a group, too.

19. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the email Mike. I'm glad I'm here. I just read the posts about an E3 release party and it didn't say if anyone was hosting it. Ric and I will volunteer to have everyone over to watch it this weekend if you all are interested. My suggestion is Friday-whatever time is good for everyone. Let me know what you think!
    Susan

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Social Security number? I don't remember having to do that and there's no request for that information on this registration page: http://www.ezboard.com/forms/global_user_register.php

There is no cause to give your SSN to register for a message board. I would make sure you went to the actual ezboard web site to register and not somewhere else.

ETA: I just went through the steps to register a new user account and nowhere did it ever ask me for my SSN. I even went through the steps to upgrade to an ezSupporter account (without hitting that final submit button) and it never asked me for my SSN then either. Walt, I don't think you were at ezboards.

21. zam-70

zam-70 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005

Hehe... hey Audrey what's up?[face_alien_1]

22. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Susan!! I still have your book! :)

Jen, mostly I've been swinging back and forth between sewing like crazy (updates in the Fandemonium topic), and being glued to my computer. Slacking off on work, trying to pick it back up! You? :)

23. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I signed up (no SSN required thankfully) for EZBoards. It doesn't seem that bad. It's not shiny, and it's not what I'm used to, but it seems a lot better than these boards. -Campbell

http://p105.ezboard.com/borlandosystem

24. DarthCaves

Oct 19, 2005
    Campbell, thanks for the link. I got registered there as well. I guess we just need to pick a board and go from there. I hate to move just when everyone seems to have gotten over to this board. I am going to mess around with ez boards and check it out to see how it works and all.

Later,

Walt

25. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    It's not like where we were, but it's a heck of a lot closer to it than this place. And as far as the comesmetics of the forum, it's alterable. I think options are limited to just colors and fonts for standard accounts, but if we upgrade to a Gold Community, we can do a bit more (plus other benefits).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.