main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OS announces return of OT character

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_Master201, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Judging by the latest headline, it doesn't look like they have any lpans of changing the policy...

2. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    I think we can both agree that if people are going to post info from the OS its important to be sensitive with the thread title. As people like yourself may not want to know what even the OS is saying.

I understand your view Garth Maul, dont get me wrong. I didnt want to know anything about TPM or AOTC, and I even avoided the OS to boot.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    agreed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Maybe we can continue to have the spoiler policy the way it is on TheForce.Net's main page, but in this forum, people should say "go check out the main page or the OS for exciting news about Episode III" or something.

Let's all be sensitive. I heard somewhere that girls like sensitive guys... lol

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Just so everyone knows, Josh Griffin posted this thread in Communications in regards to spoilers.

5. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Come on, guys. Under this line of thinking, they'd have to ban everything, including the posters! Knowing the Chewie is gonna be in the film doesn't say anything about the actual plot, so what's so bad about it?

Face it, there's NO way anyone's gonna manage to go into Ep. III knowing only its title. Not gonna happen.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, this is getting really off-topic. The thread's supposed to be about the character announcement, not spoiler policies (either this forum's or the TFN main page's). I imagine Windy and stinky will reopen dialogue on spoiler policies soon so everyone can get their two cents in, but for now, keep it out of this thread.

7. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    Official Site Info = SPOILER

Teaser/Trailer = SPOILER

Don´t discuss stuff like that within the SPOILER FREE board.
    I haven´t visited the theforce.net´s main page for weeks, because "official" info´s
    are not considered as spoilers in general.
    I directly "jump" to the discussion boards page to avoid them, without much success.

One surprise less !

Man, I´m pissed :mad:

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'm very glad Chewie will be coming back :)

¤Night

9. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    All right! Chewie's in Episode III.

I'm hoping he kick's Jar Jar's ass.

10. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    How wude! :p

Chewie's too friendly.

He couldn't kick anyone's butt. It's not in his character :). ;)

11. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    "oooh mesa havin' no arms!"

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Ever since reading this I can't help but feel spoiled. [face_plain] I guess I'll have to be more careful in the future (as in not going to Rebelscum again). :_|

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    yeah, maybe Chewie and Jar-Jar can be playing that "chess" game from ANH and when Jar-Jar wins, Chewie rips his arms out of their sockets.

That alone would rocket Episode III ahead of Titanic for #1 Box Office Hit of All Time.

14. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    NOTE TO ALL; for those interested in a discussion of current spoiler guidelines, please see this thread

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion ;)

15. menttality

menttality Jedi Master

May 26, 2002
    I was watching the making of the OT the other day and I ran across the part where GL says that, originally, ROTJ was supposed to take place on a wookiee planet (intead of endor). Instead he opted for the ewoks, saying Chewbacca made wookiees to non-primitive. Knowing how he likes to go back to his old ideas, I could see him staging part of the movie on Kashyyyk.

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I really was hoping that Chewie wouldn't be in the prequels.

Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see what GL has planned.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Actually menttality,

look at "Wookiee" and "Ewok". Take the "ee" off the end of "Wookiee" and put it at the beginning.

It's funny because I had to read a case for Intellectual Property where some guy in Calgary, Alberta actually came up with a "space teddy bear" concept, and his name for those creatures was "Ewoks".

So he's in LA, trying to sell his idea, I think he dropped off a script to Fox but never heard anything back, it was totally unsolicited.

Anyway, he's driving down the road, when this car passes him and pulls into his lane - the licence plate of the car says "Ewok". He's like "WTH??" so he follows them to where they're shooting, and a couple of little people get out of the car and say they have parts in the new SW movie (ROTJ).

He actually sued Lucas and Fox for copyright infringement, but was unsuccessful. Pretty funny story, and the SW aspect made it easy to remember for the exam.;)

But I hope we don't get something too similar to Endor in Episode III...

You know, that entire headline was hilarious - was there any doubt that C-3P0 and Artoo would return for Episode III? Chewie was the only surprise there. I can't believe they'd even announce the return of the droids.

What's the next headline?

"Ian McDermid will be reprising his role as Supreme Chancellor Palpatine!!!"

"Padme is in Episode III, along with her friends Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi!"

"Yes, SW fans, lightsabers will be seen again in Episode III!!!!"

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Dagsy, the reason I don't buy into that "will of the Force" explanation is Chewie has nothing to do with the Force. The only reason he was involved in Luke's life at all was coincidence. He was a tool in the fulfillment of destiny's goals, and plenty of other people and/or strange creatures in the galaxy could have performed that role just as well. Why should he be so significant that the Force sees fit to put him in the lives of either baby Luke and Leia or their parents?

19. Koto-Ogami

Koto-Ogami Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Chewbacca has nothing to do with the Force!? Crap, somebody better tell Yoda that what he said in Empire is all messed up. :)

20. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Hi guys! I recently read an interview with GL and he said that there will be a few OT characters in EIII so as to bridge the gap between PT and OT but he said that none of the characters would be essential to the plot but would only be included as a "oh look who that is!" scenario.

"He made me miss. I NEVER miss!"

21. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Bump to the front page. :)

Er... and I still don't like the idea of Chewie in III. Maybe it will turn out really cool, but after Boba, I'm not hopeful.

22. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I think Chewbacca's appearance will be fine. He can't be butchered like other characters can.

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    How does having Chewie in Episode III make the galaxy seem smaller? Let's look at some of the PT planets. Geonosis and Naboo. Naboo isn't far from Tatooine, as noted in Episode I. Tatooine isn't far from Geonosis, as noted in Episode II. "Look. Geonosis is less than a parsec away." In Episode IV, we meet Chewbacca on Tatooine. Tatooine isn't far from Naboo OR Geonosis. So how does having Chewie here make the galaxy seem smaller? He's on Tatooine in Episode IV, why can't he be on Tatooine in Episode III? I'm not saying he's on Tatooine in Episode III, but he's obviously in the area.

24. DarthNamitt

DarthNamitt Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Why would Chewie be in EP3?.
    I think its because ILM is probably testing new software that renders Gazillions of entangled hairs on any given computer model.
    They are probably trying to make SULLY from Monsters Inc. look rather rustic, and as far as plot, well WHO CARES as long as we get to show off ILM's prowess.
    While we are at it lets bring back the fat guy that cries for the Rancor(non-cg of course), and just to make sure that we tie both trilogies nice and neatly, bring back for a very special episode THE TREE that the storm trooper in ROTJ crashes against before exploding into tiny pieces.
    I could hear the crowd already..."Look Pa' theres that very same tree from ROTJ!"
    "No son, that's a CG rendition of the one in the OT"

25. ObiWanAragorn

ObiWanAragorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    I think Chewbacca in Episode III is going to be frickin' awesome. To me it seems that the two trilogies need more tying in together. Even the same characters in both trilogies (Obi-Wan, Yoda, C-3PO, R2-D2, Anakin Skywalker) look totally different (except for R2) so it seems less connected than it should.

Seeing Chewie again will help that be satisfied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.