main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AdamBertocci, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Genevieve O'Reilly is playing Mon Mothma in Ep3.

(Mods, if there's a better place for this topic, let me know.)

This is awesome. We'll get to see seeds of the Rebellion form.

We'll get to learn a bit about this mysterious character in ROTJ.

Most importantly, we'll see Mon Mothma when she was a HOTTIE! :D

I always find it very interesting how they find actors to closely match the OT older characters. This is not the greatest match in the world, but on the other hand, the picture doesn't show her with auburn hair or a crappy haircut. (EDIT: Here's an interesting picture...

On another note, this is yet another SW actor to be in the Matrix franchise. Seems like Australia and New Zealand are really great places to be working actors! :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    You forgot the best thing of all:

It puts to rest once and for all those stupid Mon Mothma = Padme theories!

A pretty good match. What do you think - will she get more than one scene? :)

3. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Mon Mothma is a really important character. It will be very cool to see her again.

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    She is quite important to the EU, but she is not as intregal to the movies. The films are about the Skywalkers, not the Rebellion. While it nice to see this connection between the films, it's not necessary to the story that Lucas has chosen to tell. I don't expect her to take up much time in Episode III, although I do look forward to seeing this.

5. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Oh, I don't think she'll be an IMPORTANT character in the movies.

The way I see it -- Bail needs someone to talk to about politics so we can get through the dialogue about rebelling, etc. He and Mon Mothma can be friends.

Sometimes you just need a character for the more important character to talk to. ;)

Nevertheless... still and yet, Lucas would not have put her in unless we are definitely going to see seeds of rebellion forming. (EDIT: Otherwise he could have done one of his funny aliens or something. Right?)

Ah, hell. I bet the real reason he's doing this is so that people who want to look up "who played the woman in the Endor briefing" will know what name to watch for in the credits. ;)

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Mauls_Other_Half

Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001
    I am very impressed at the similiarity in facial features between these two actors...the casting people have done a fantastic job here.

Now, if they can just find someone willing to sport the dorkiest haircut in the history of motion pictures...maybe we can see a young Crix Madine too...?

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The films are about the Skywalkers, not the Rebellion.

Maybe, but the PT has focused much more on politics than the OT did (perhaps because politics in the PT era weren't quite as unilateral). We could see her active in the Senate, or she could essentially be a background character like most of Palpatine's supporters were in AotC.

Very cool pic, by the way. That's an outstanding resemblance.

8. DarthOrion

DarthOrion Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    But I thought Rick McCallum positively, absolutely said she wouldn't be making an appearance in ep.III. I guess I should know by now not to put any real credence into what he says. He probably is as in the dark about these things as we are. However, I'm glad to hear that she will be in Ep.III. I always thought she was a mysterious and interesting character in ROTJ. Maybe now we will at least get a chance to get to know her better

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Does anyone else forsee a new generation of "Mon Mothma is hot to trot" threads? :p

Anyways, I'm glad she's going to be in it. We need to see startings the of Rebellion in Episode III, so we're not wondering what the heck is going on in A New Hope.

Now, if only they'd put General Garm Bel Iblis in...

10. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    Hmmmm another OT character returning, looks like Lucas is keeping to his word:

There are some, if i can fit them in, but I wont say who they are. They are not integral to the story - its really done to say "Oh, look, there's so-and-so."

Ah well as long as she remains in the background, as you say GL, and we have no "forming of the rebellion" scene I'll be happy.

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    This is great news. She looks just like a younger version of Mon Mothma in ROTJ. Very well cast :)

12. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I have to agree with what appears to be an excellent casting choice here, at least in her appearance. However, I'm one who tends to think the PT casting has been done pretty well in general.

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Nice!! The big momma is back!!

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hmmm...maybe Lucas will just bring back the hot characters from the OT....

Mon Mothma...mmmm....Aunt Beru...mmm...Tarkin....mmmm...no wait, not that

lol

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Oh Yeah !!! Hot, hot, hot!!

16. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Does this mean we'll finally get to see Alderaan. Whoo-hoo!

And you know I was thinking, the new cast members at the Official Site like the "Royal Leader" and that "New Captain" they look Alderaanian to me, so...

17. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    January 14, 2002

Q: Will there be any appearances in Episode III by classic trilogy characters like Chewbacca or Tarkin or Mon Mothma?

Rick McC: No, I don't think we'll see any beyond the characters in Episode II, like Artoo and Threepio.

If he loves us so, Adam, why does he tell us wrong? :p

18. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Explanation #1:
    Because he is a producer.
    NEVER TRUST A PRODUCER!

Explanation #2:
    What he told you was true--from a certain point of view.

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    January 14, 2002... No, I don't think we'll see any...."

It is highly possible that Rick just didn't know a year and a half ago but has since found out from GL.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Does this mean we'll finally get to see Alderaan.

I would guess no - if these characters are only going to make brief appearances, it'll probably be in scenes with the principles on Coruscant.

21. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Cool, nice to see Mon around, and I think the resemblence is freaky-awesome.

As for his comments, I think the key word there was "think". He thought we wouldn't see any, he didn't say for sure we wouldn't. :D

22. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
  23. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Very striking facial resemblance.

24. YodaTHX1138

YodaTHX1138 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    I had a feeling that Mon Mothma was going to be included because Lucas likes to have each episode ryme with another in this case ROTJ=Episode III

25. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    That's cool. There is quite a resemblance there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.