main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I doubt there were very many at all by the time period of the OT. It will be interesting to see what else we can learn from canon sources going forward, such as Rebels. The "Legends" tab on Wookieepedia talks about this quite a bit.

By the way, we should probably take this to the stormtroopers thread pretty soon, since this is speculative right now with regards to Isaac.

2. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

Yea. Also, it would be interesting if some of the remaining clones had...children! Perhaps Oscar is a Fett descendent...I mean, I could see the resemblance.

Trebor Sabreon, Sgt Crowfield and EHT like this.
  3. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I think he could definitely be a descendant. I posted a pic in one of these threads with young Boba/Oscar/Jango and he fits in the middle quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Crowfield and EHT like this.
  4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It would be a shame if he is a Fett decendant and does not have the Fett armor.

Summers1913 likes this.
  5. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I can also see the Fett resemblance, so I'd buy that. Except we can't talk about anyone having kids in this movie because certain people get upset at the very thought of it. Heaven forbid ;)

6. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I dont feel that Oscar looks all that much like Temura Morrison, though. Certainly not as much as Daniel Logan does. If someone Fett-like was involved don`t you think they would cast someone who is a Maori?

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  7. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

He looks more like a descendent of Fett than he does of Han, that's for sure. But he's probably neither.

8. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
  9. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    What if Issac was an Alderaan decendent? Maybe in the line of the House of Organa? Jimmy Smits.

Think about it...

10. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Leia, I am your brother... I mean nephew... wait... great-neph...ew?

11. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    No, not like that per se. Besides, Leia was adopted and is a Skywalker. If there are refugees of Alderaan in the new trilogy, perhaps Issac is a leader?

Besides, he'll probably wind up in the Captain Panaka or Ric Ollie slot anyways...

12. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    You mean role-wise? I doubt it, he was at the script reading, after all.

13. Bullhead CIty

Dec 1, 2012
    My bad, I meant he'd have a slotted role like Shmi; since she was at the script reading for TPM too.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think he probably has a bigger role than that. At least I hope he does because he's an incredible actor and one of ones I'm most looking forward to seeing. If Boyega's a stormtrooper and switches sides I could definitely see Isaac as his commander going after his AWOL soldier who then comes into conflict with the heroes because of it.

15. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I can't get over seeing him in Balibo and thinking he'd make a great resistance leader of some sort.

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Had to find this thread.

Anyone think that Oscar got the role that was rumored for either Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch, or Hugo Weaving? ( or maybe even Gary Oldman?)

Unless they ended up giving the role to Adam Driver and it was very age specific, no other castmember fits any of the parts that could go to the ones I listed-even if they were all for different roles. Both Benedict C. and Michael F. are in Oscar's age range. Hugo Weaving and Gary Oldman are quite a bit older, but nobody in the cast fits their age range within 10 years (don't say MVS was cast as that role!).

17. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I literally just posted about this in the Andy Serkis thread. Andy perfectly fits the mold of Hugo and Gary. British male in his 50's.

As for Oscar's role, Chiwetel Ejifor, Sullivan Stapleton, Benedict, and Fassbender are possible fits.

18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    It's quite possible with Serkis. I think I may have posted the same thing back in April when the cast was announced. However, until we have reason to believe otherwise, Andy will probably just be a CGI guy. He could do both, but I don't think so.

But I do think that Oscar got the role that Benedict, Fassbender and (I forgot about him) Ejifor were going for.

That being the case, I don't think that Isaac is one of the rumored trio of new young leads. I think he'll be a secondary villain.

19. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    He did both on King Kong, so it's entirely possible.

As of right now, I firmly believe Andy got the role Gary and Hugo were up for. There's simply too many similarities between the three. And there's literally no one else who fits. (I feel like I'm repeating myself)

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    The Daily Mail posted another picture of the guy who might have been Oscar:

[​IMG]

From that angle, I think it's clear it isn't him. He still could have been at Puzzlewood for all we know, but this was probably just some random background guy.

21. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Hmm, yeah, doesn't look so much like him from that angle does it?

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't know, it still sort of looks like him to me, but I'm willing to allow that I might be wrong.

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    He seems to be some kind of Han Solo like hero, according to what the 3 trades reported back when the cast was revealed.

24. MovingPictures73

MovingPictures73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    In seeing other projects he has appeared in I believe he has the character imagery to work well as Grand Admiral Thrawn. I personally hope I winds up playing him.

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Oh brother, here we go again. This nonsense never ends!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.