main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    He just looks more like Lando's son that Han's to me, if he's anyone's son. He's probably unrelated to all.

2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah, is that a cast pic or something? It's got 3 of them on it..who else is on it?

3. Gambit00

Gambit00 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2014
    It's from something called the Actor's Roundtable. It just happens to have 3 Star Wars actors in it, lol.

Claire1976 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Lurknomore
    we have 3 Episode VII actors in that image.
    Is Lupita also playing a Solo?;)

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  6. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

With the right technology...

:p

7. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    We have the technology , we can rebuild him.

8. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Does he have to be ANYONE'S son?!?! Can't he be a completely new character unrelated to anyone?! Don't get me started on the most recent nonsense about Christy being the descendant of Dooku.. [face_not_talking]

9. Gambit00

Gambit00 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2014
    I don't see him being a Solo kid. Only because I doubt all 3 leads would be force sensitive. That's if Boyega's character is like some rumors suggest. And if Isaac is a Solo then he definitely would be in the trio and force sensitive. I feel like they would balance the trio out with a least one member who isn't. Of course this is all assuming Isaac is the third member.

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I don't care one way or another. Just because someone is force sensitive doesn't make them an inherent Jedi character.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    But it could make for an interesting plot if, unlike his younger sister, he was born totally Force-dead. He can't even lift a spoon with it. It could be a great plot; him dealing with the fact that his kid sister has powers he doesn't (and can't) have, and learning to overcome it. However, me personally? I don't think Oscar is going to be a Solo; my money's on Driver if there's going to be a male Solo.

Abadacus and yogacat like this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That makes me think of this quote from Children of the Jedi:

"The Masters always had a problem with the children born Jedi to non-Jedi parents, you know. Because it's passed on in families, but not always ... and it often manifests spontaneously, in people who had no experience with it and no way to deal with children who had it. The Masters tried to catch those as early as they could, because those were the ones at the most risk from the dark side. Those, and the children born of Jedi parents who were only a little bit Force-strong, who had only a tiny bit of what their brothers and sisters and playmates had at full strength. Some of those were ... the most dangerous of all."

13. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

That was from a get together for one of those hour-long videos put out by trade magazines during awards season. Typically they gather a half dozen or more hopeful nominees and get them to talk about their work and the industry. Just so happen that Isaac, N'Yongo and Ford were are part of one get together. I'm sure you can find the video itself on YouTube. I'm guessing it was done by Hollywood Reporter or Vanity Fair but don't hold me to that.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Who says all Solo and/or Skywalker children would be force sensitive?

15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Exactly, it would be pretty interesting if one of them wasn't. I'd like to see that.

Knessa84 likes this.
  16. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It's such a cliche introducing children of the lead characters to take the mantel. I hope they don't go down that road with this film.

Seeher likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Yea, it's bad enough they already did it with that one sequel to Revenge of the Sith!

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    What's wrong with that? I think it's fun to see how the descendants of our favorite characters will act in the upcoming films. Granted, it would be silly for everybody to be a descendant. But I don't think that it's cliche at all.

19. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Sarcasm aside, luke and anakin is a different concept and execution to say crystal skull, die hard 5, the mummy 2.....

20. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Where were you when I was having a debate over that ? :)

21. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Somebody has put a Ysalamiri in the room and so I couldn't sense when you were discussing it :)

22. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

since it looks like Boyega is one of, if not THE main character, Iw ouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I think if Issac's does own the Falcon now, AND if Luke has been missing for 30 years (captured for who knows how long), I think that makes there being a Skywalker child less likely as well.

Lurknomore likes this.
  23. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I have a theory Luke gave Daisy's character up for adoption right after she was born to protect her from the inquisitors.

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
  25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Great stuff! Harrison's was up yesterday and Daisy did hers in the wee small hours. :)

Interesting.... he didn't have a beard at the beginning of filming and now sports one. I'm wondering if he grew this in record time during the hiatus or whether he's finished filming. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.