main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    It kind of feels that Lucas was going for Leo DiCaprio's look when he picked Jake to play kid Anakin. Wasn't Leo considered a possible candidate for adult Anakin later on? Plus, there's the whole tragic love story angle that really began with Episode II (2002). I can't help but be reminded of Titanic (1997) and Romeo + Juliet (1996) when I think of its possible influences, both starring Leo, who was insanely popular for these roles at the time.

2. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Oh no DiCaprio was Lucas's fist pick for Anankin I believe.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    What is it like working within the secrecy surrounding "Star Wars"?
    You can’t say anything. You can’t say ****. But it’s fine! I don’t know why people are so obsessed with finding out stuff before the movie comes out. It’s so much more fun to just go. I mean, I don’t do that. I don’t go looking for stuff that I’m interested in, you know, to try and find out pictures and what the movie’s about. It’s so much more fun to be surprised.

Is there anything you are excited about that won't reveal anything about your mysterious, yet-to-be-announced character?
    There’s not anything that I can say about the character, but I can say that I’m most excited and, I know this seems nerdy, but I love the fact that J.J. Abrams is shooting it on film. And that’s not just from an aesthetic standpoint -- it really does matter -- but it’s about how a movie is filmed and the set, it changes it. It changes so many things. I mean, I’ve had to do things over again because there was a hair in the gate, which is so old school, but it just feels better, and movies are all about feeling, so I think that’s something that I’m so very excited about apart from the fact that it looks amazing, so textured and alive.

Okay, here's a nostalgia-based question that you'll be allowed to answer: How do you feel about the "updates" George Lucas has made to the films?
    Well, it’s a funny thing. I mean there’s two things. As an artist, like, he made the ****, so why can’t he do whatever the heck he wants with it. There’s a part of me that appreciates that he doesn’t really care if people are upset about it. He decided to share it with all of it and he wants to go back and do stuff, whatever. But as a fan, I’d much rather go back and watch the old thing, because it’s a product of the time. It’s what did you do at the time with the things that you had. And that’s what made that movie so amazing. At that time with that technology he made this thing and it was ****ing awesome. So, you know, to go back and kind of tweak it with new stuff, it doesn’t make it more interesting for me as a watcher. It makes it less interesting, but I can’t fault him for doing that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/25/oscar-isaac-star-wars_n_5881120.html

4. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I love that Oscar is a bit of a potty mouth.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  5. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I know! The guy swears like a smuggler. Or a bounty hunter. *sighs* Or a space pirate. Hmm. Come to think of it, Wookiees have been known for their choice growls.... something to the effect of "Rah-ruuuuuhh".

6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Oscar Isaac Supposedly Finished Filming Episode VII on Friday 26th September (Star Wars Bits)
    Heads up everyone: Oscar Isaac's last day shooting "Star Wars: Episode VII" is this Friday, Sept. 26. The cast has another few weeks of filming, but Isaac is taking a well deserved four day vacation before moving on to his next project, David Simon's HBO mini-series "Show Me A Hero.

As for "Star Wars," the film will no doubt change Isaac's life. He'll go from an actor you recognize from something to "the guy from 'Star Wars.'" That's a big life change for anyone, but Isaac reveals he's not feeling the pressure. It's no different from "Two Faces" or any other high profile projects he's worked on.
    "I think that if I had any success in this field, which I have, I think it comes from a place that I’m able to find stillness within all the wildness of what’s happening," Isaac says. "So regardless of whether it’s the Coens or whether it’s 'Star Wars' or 'Robin Hood' when I did that or whatever, it could be I’m able just to focus on what I’m hired to do, which is inhabit the psyche of a character. And so those thoughts don’t really come into it very much as far as like what it means or how it will come across. Because once you start going there I don’t see how you can do the job of acting at all, because those things have nothing to do with each other."
    Now, you might think, "But Isaac, you weren't even a little nervous even auditioning for a major role in a new 'Star Wars' franchise?" Again, Isaac says he's able to focus past it all.
    "You just do the job part of it, which is like, 'What is this character? What does he want? Where did he come from? What is he trying to do here? What am I saying here? What’s the psyche that I have to inhabit,'" Isaac says. "Obviously when you really, really want something, you have to manage those things. You know, it’s like 'Llewyn Davis.' I wanted that more than anything I’ve ever been close to getting before. But that had to be managed with the fact that, who is the character and what’s the actual job, and finding stillness in that. So yeah, it doesn’t really matter the scale of it, to be honest."
    https://tv.yahoo.com/news/oscar-isaac-doesnt-feel-pressure-171800792.html

Revanfan1 and Lurknomore like this.
  8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    and the most important news from that is the film only having a few more weeks to film.

Yes, friends, in a few weeks(lets just say 3) a Star Wars film will have finished shooting. Not counting reshoots of course.

Still a Star Wars film will be on it's way to being completed. I feel sad(extremely happy and laughing quite a bit) for those few, those happy few, who will dread that news.

TheBBP and Palpatine2016 like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and the fact that Isaac is done filming,;)

10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    So, did Isaac shoot any scenes with Mark at all? Seems no.

11. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Why?

TheBBP likes this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Why 'no'? No one put a 24 hour tail on any of the main cast and we only have a few sketchy rumours as to who was where, who with and when.

TheBBP and Hoggsquattle like this.
  13. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I love it. I can see him as the "rogue" character in the Han Solo vein. If he does have the Falcon, it's likely Han sees him as a son figure. (I don't buy that Han just let the Falcon go to a junkyard). But I'd like to see Isaac then have tension with an actual Solo kid who sees their place being usurped. If that's Daisy's character, even better. Tension. And funny scenarios for Han, the overprotective dad if Isaac is eyeing his daughter.

jbyrd1245 and Yanksfan like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Dewback and TheBBP like this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Dewback, TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Darth Chiznuk and TheBBP like this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I am willing to bet that it is a reporter who can only think of "Jedi" when they think of Star Wars, so that is what they called him.

Dewback and starocean90 like this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but it's Variety, one of the most reliable Trades.
    or maybe the cyborg (sith) is Isaac.:p

TheBBP likes this.
  19. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    The cyborg will be Tom Cruise. Mark my words.

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    there were rumors of Tom Cruise in VII, it's possible (but unlikely)
    but it would be hilarious.[face_laugh]

jedinightwing likes this.
  21. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    lol if cruise is somehow involved i ragequit the cinema

i dont care darksideluke, evilcyborgleia or haydencomingbackasthevader

but if i see one alien that just remotely reminds on cruises visage---

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Interesting. So we have rumors of him owning the Falcon and now him being a Jedi. That sounds about right for a son of Solo.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    or they made a mistake and he's a Sith.:p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I still think one of the Solo's (Driver) will be the cyborg or whatever that character has become. I think it'd be an interesting dynamic to have Solo brothers and have one of them go bad.

starocean90 likes this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's an interesting idea, but it's a hard buy to believe that Driver and Isaac could be brothers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.