main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by B99, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    110% :D:D

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Now I remember I scoffed when Holdo said “restore the republic” - the Republic has failed twice now in one century. Maybe a Reublic isn’t the solution. The First Order does need to burn though. When the ashes are cold the galaxy can figure out its next step.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In TFA we were introduced to Poe early on and then he disappeared for most of the movie. In TLJ we're reintroduced to Poe in the opening of the film but then he spent most of the movie sitting on his hands. With that in mind I can't wait to see Poe in the opening minutes of Ep. IX only to have him sidelined until the end of the movie.

Hopeless, 11-4D, DARTH_BELO and 2 others like this.
  4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe IX will be the reverse. We'll all be wondering where Poe is in Act I, he'll swoop in and make a big impact in Act II, then disappear just before the finale.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  5. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Just hope he is back to his stable leader self.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm almost 100% sure he will be. I believe his arc probably ended at the conclusion of TLJ, and that he'll be static character-wise in Ep IX, while still being awesome.

7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I'm hoping we get the Poe we saw in TFA. Maybe more importantly I hope we see him and Finn together again. It's a shame that Poe, Finn, and Rey didn't have a similar bond and dynamic as Han, Leia, and Luke in the OT. That's what made the OT so fun! Hopefully Ep. IX will deliver something more along those lines.

Knessa84 and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  9. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
  10. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Finally! The buddy cop duo gets some time to shine, and Chewie came along to round out the trio

11. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I'm wondering if Poe's costume design (earth tones) is meant to reflect the fact that he's now become a more mature, seasoned leader.

(As an aside, the orange dots on the horses' heads are possibly tracker markers for some CGI enhancements to be added later).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  12. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Poe looks like Space Indiana Jones. He just needs the hat!

B99, Bor Mullet, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well if the set photos are anything to go by, it would seem like both Poe and Finn will have plenty to do in IX!

14. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I hope so. TFA definitely set it up that they'd have a bro adventure at some point, like a Han & Lando kind of thing with more trust ha, so I think IX should have that.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. Though they’re not possible tracker markers. They are tracker markers.

16. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Lethal Weapon style.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  17. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Re: the location pictures my guess is that Poe, Finn, and Chewie were sent to pick up Lando who was all, "I'm 81 years old! I'm not walking up that hill! Pick me up!"

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Movies needs 30% more Poe.. Atleast..

20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah. I wonder if the horse on the grassland scene is the beginning of Act I.

21. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I just can't believe we've seen sexy set photos of Poe in IX and yet his thread is still on page 2. What gives?!?

22. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The fandom's opinion on Poe is weird.

On one hand, he's probably the one of the main character that doesn't get an immeasurable amount of hatred or negativity from SW fans. The most he gets is a mock trial. Instead, people have much stronger opinions on Finn, Rey, Rose Tico and Kylo Ren .

However, that also means there's much less to talk about with him. I love Poe Dameron, but I can't really think of much to discuss about him other than his comics and his relationship with Finn.

23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I really like Poe. The thing for me though is that at this point, Poe is ironically the most established character. We know SO much about him, that I don't feel the need to speculate on his role in IX.

24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: “I love [the controversy about Poe in Star Wars: The Last Jedi]. It’s incredible, because you have people actually engaging with the ethical question of war and what leadership is. The last thing you want is for people to watch a movie and be like, ‘Great,’ and then move on. With [The Last Jedi], the conversation continues and can stir real emotions. You’re having a conversation about actual things that matter, you know?” “What I think is really special about the whole thing — particularly for people that really didn’t agree with where the story went — is that it’s often a great inspiration to do your own stuff. Obviously, making your own Star Wars movie is a bit of a tough challenge, but at least from a narrative standpoint maybe you make your own thing and then show what you would want. Make what you would want to see.” “I’m very happy about that [decision to feature Carrie Fisher as Leia in Episode IX]. I think it’ll be a wonderful way to deal with this character that we all love so much.” (August 27, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: “[J. J. Abrams] seems to me just as excited if not more so because now there's a history there, there's a shorthand, and the nature of the story is different.” (August 28, 2018)

Oscar Isaac:
    "[The Resistance in Star Wars: Episode IX] are guerrilla fighters, adhering closer to something like the Revolutionary War fighters or even the guerrillas in Cuba with Che and Fidel and all these guys living in the mountains, coming down to do some attacks, and going back and trying to hide from the 'empire' of the United States. It's that kind of ragged at this point." "[It always] feels like [Carrie Fisher's still around]; [she is] still with us." (August 30, 2018)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Oscar Isaac: "I mean, it’s constantly both [exciting and a job that I feel working on Star Wars again]. It’s a job, it’s difficult, it’s challenging but it’s also really fun and really cool. J.J. [Abrams] is such a wonderful, fun, incredibly intelligent guy to work with. It’s been a blast so far. Everyone’s excited and happy but also confident because we know who these people are. It feels like there’s even more trust with the characters and these scenes and the dialogue. There’s a wonderful looseness to the whole thing that I’m really liking." "No, [the fan backlash to Star Wars: The Last Jedi was] not really [surprising]. I mean, isn’t that the point of movies: to say something and then people can talk about it and agree or disagree or like something or not like something? Someone says how they would want to do it instead and maybe that’s the inspiration for them to become a filmmaker or an actor. What’s the version that you would want to see? I think it can be actually inspirational in that way." (August 24, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: "[I'm] not really [going to be sad to say goodbye to Star Wars after Episode IX finishes.] I've gotta get on with my life, man. It's a lot of years (laughs). Coming back this third time has actually been the most fun so far. We all just have a real command of what we're doing, and it feels a bit looser. It's going to be a great sendoff, not only for the fans and for the story, but I think for us as well that have devoted so much time to it." (August 28, 2018)

Oscar Isaac: "[I trust J.J. Abrams's] sensibility [in regard to bringing Leia back via unused footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens]. When I read the script it all made a lot of sense to me. Treating that character that we all love so much with real respect from the beginning — I was very happy about that." "[I am excited to wrap up Poe's] fulfilling arc [with the upcoming final Star Wars sequel trilogy film]. It’s been a good chunk of time where we’ve been doing these movies (laughs)." (August 31, 2018)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.