main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I was wondering about the Scene in Teaser Trailer 2, where Poe and his squadron are flying over the water, and Poe yelling out in excitement. It looks like this is during their attack run on the First Order's Base: Starkiller; which is on the Snow Planet; but there is no snow anywhere to be seen. I suppose this could be the Resistance Base Planet; but I wouldn't think that their would be this type of Scene with Poe and his squadron flying so close to the water, and celebrating as they broke off in different directions. Is this a Planet we don't know about yet; or does Poe get to Maz's Castle to help fend off the First Order?

starocean90 likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you have to remember that planets are huge and not all planets are of one sort, this planet could be one that has snow/mountains and other parts could be more like the great outdoors.:)

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Plus, in the first teaser Kylo Ren is walking through snow-covered woods, which suggests that the planet has seasons and isn't an unrelenting frozen tundra like Hoth.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Definitely. It isn't ALL snow or there probably would not be greenery for him to be stomping through.

5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Maybe this movie's trench run is them flying down a river canyon for miles until they reach the snowy area

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    TT2: Has the X-Wings over water, clear sky and green hills.
    TT1: Has the X-Wings over water, cloud and mist covered mountains.
    TT2: Has the Starkiller Base in snow covered mountains.
    TT1: Has Kylo Ren outside the Starkiller Base in a snowy forest.

Obviously the X-Wings enter the atmosphere, hit the deck and fly 'North'. In a northern european environment this type of terrain/weather change could happen in a very short travelling time by air. Even quicker in an X-Wing.

7. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Yeah, that could be true. Sort of an Earth-like Planet, like Naboo was.

DaddlerTheDalek and starocean90 like this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Isaac, and Poe, is gonna be awesome.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I have no favorite character but in terms of new actors the one that impresses me the most is Isaac and reading his interviews makes me more intrigued about Poe.:)

I do wonder how long Poe's been in the military?

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    It's clear (to me anyway) that there is a huge portion of Poe's story missing after the escape with Finn. So he 'supposedly 'jettisons' from the ailing TIE, and is then not seen until he later swoops in piloting an X-Wing in the StarKiller base attack? What a load of rubbish lol ;)

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I certainly hope we're not left hanging with Poe (cut back once or twice before he goes into X Wing attack mode on Starkiller base etc.)

13. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    I just saw Ex Machina; it was the first time I have seen one of Oscar's movies. He gave a great performance. What a great actor.

14. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    While I didn't like the movie itself (well-trodden themes executed in a predictable way) Oscar Isaac's performance in Ex Machina was really good. As was Domnall's.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. Sheev

Sheev Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2014
    So apparently from his Funko Pop figure, Poe has an Anakin-like scar on his right eye? Haven't noticed that in the trailers.

16. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Probs a result of the TIE crash. I did notice some damage on him in the first teaser. Look at this (below his right eye): [​IMG]

Revanfan1, Wildcatbarry and TheBBP like this.
  17. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I believe that is another clue (the scar on right eye) that Poe is Skywalker lineage and potential Force Sensitive..

18. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think Poe is going to be a cross between Luke ANH and Han.

As in a great pilot with swagger.

19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

And I think he'll be the Resistance figurehead that drives the military parts of the story, like Leia was for the Rebellion in the OT.

I could see each of our new heroes being a mix of the previous Big 3 in different ways.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

really does seem like Poe doesn't salvage this wreck?
    so now the mysteries of what happens to Poe after escaping increase?
    wonder where he is at this time in the picture???

21. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I think Poe goes in one direction and Finn in the other direction. Just like in fugitive after the train wreck, making it more difficult for the pursuing enemy to catch them if they split up.

starocean90 likes this.
  22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    poe disappears. he's like special forces. he gets off planet and back to base.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    POE DAMERON

Again, back in December, when Abrams debuted those Topps trading cards with the
    names through Entertainment Weekly, my first instinct was to try to divine some
    meaning from the IDs.

Poe Dameron, the X-Wing pilot played by Oscar Isaac, seemed especially
    confounding. Poe… Was that a reference to spooky old Edgar Allan? And Dameron…
    something about it was familiar. Like it was right in front of me.

Turns out, it was.

Others theorized that it was a warped spoonerism on Nicolas Cage’s hero from
    1997’s Con Air — Cameron Poe. It’s an eerie coincidence, but it also didn’t make
    sense. Would J.J. Abrams really go out of his way to pay homage to a cheesy old
    movie?

Then I looked at the email of his assistant, who had sent the images of the
    Topps trading cards: Morgan Dameron. Mystery solved! Almost. There’s a little
    more to it.

“Dameron came out because it was, obviously, a name that I know, and it just
    musically felt right,” Abrams says. “There was no sort of deep reasoning behind
    it, and I also knew it would make Morgan blush if we named a character that. So
    she had this giant smile on her face.”

He thought he might change it eventually, but then got used to it. “We kept it
    for awhile, and it just stuck like things that work seem to,” Abrams says.

As for Poe, Abrams says it was also one he switched back and forth on.

“We went through a bunch of different names, and Poe ultimately felt like the
    right name,” he says, though he admits there may have been a deeper meaning than
    he realized. “Someone reminded me recently that my daughter had had a polar bear
    named Poe [or Po’ — short for “polar”], and that might’ve been why it felt
    right. There was a kind of sweetness to, and a charm to that name.” (The polar
    bear also suggests shades of Lost.)

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Oscar Isaac bit
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/08/12/oscar-isaac-gets-into-hero-mode/31465423/

I look forward to watching his HBO miniseries Show me a Hero starting this Sunday.:xwing:

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    "There's nothing cynical about it. He infused the whole set with that kind of enthusiasm and excitement."

Thank. Freaking. God. That's what I like to hear.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.