main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Exactly, I mean at most the force probably helps him with his flying and such, but he's not going to become a Jedi any time soon.

There has to be a reason for it, maybe a hint into his connection to things in the future. I'm wondering if Luke had the dojo or whatever it was on yarvin 4 where his family lived. Might be interesting if there was a connection there. OH that's something I didn't think of, what if it wasn't Rey that the warrior in Rey's flash back was attacking, what if it was Poe. I could see that being that he went home to check on something, maybe his dad is still alive, and while he was there the KoR attacked and he was nearly killed but Ben saved him at that moment allowing him to get the hell out of there with the tree. Maybe he has it or a portion of it hiding.

I'm hoping that maybe Luke goes with Rey back to the Resistance and has Poe take them to Yarvin 4 where the three find the tree.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  2. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015
    Poe as Han's part could be interesting. He's different than Han in that he's more excited about things then Han is and believes more in the force. He's a lot like Luke in that sense, where as Finn is more the cynical of the two.

A sister could be cool, but Poe is 32 and his mom died when he was eight, so she would have to be Ben Solo's age or slightly younger due to the timing. I could see that happening, maybe she's the FS and previously trained with Luke, being one of the few Jedi that are still out there working with the Resistance and keeping her head low so that the FO and the Republic don't spot her and force them to stop doing good. I like that idea a lot, and Poe is the big brother type.

Poe would be teasing the heck out of Finn over that. Also would be cool if Poe's sister, Jessika Pava and Rey formed a close friendship. If Gina is Poe's sister. Come on Rian or Colin, give Poe some romance too!

3. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm wondering if he does too. Maybe the whole, who talks first is because he does see some of Ben in Kylo Ren. I'm pretty sure Ben knows Poe, but Poe doesn't see the young kid he was friends with in this tall dark lord. If he does find out, I'm sure that he'd want to pull Ben back to be with his mom.

Yeah I hope so too. Oscar is a cool character, one that is a break out from the script plans. I'm betting that we're going to see a lot more with him working to get things in order and maybe running missions with Finn.

4. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015
    He seems to though as he was sent there by leia, so I'm guessing that he does know where, but Ben doesn't want that info from him. Or maybe Ben knows where his mom is and doesn't want to hurt her. It could be though that you're right. I wish we could have seen where he got picked up. It would have been nice.

5. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015
    Poe was already born during Endor, he was 2 when endor happened. If Gina is his sister she will have to be Ben Solo's age, which is 29 years old. Still there is a chance that Gina could be Poe's sister, and it would be interesting if she was the FS over Poe, although both probably have some FS in them, but Poe's is less obvious then hers.

Not a crazy thought, the more we can learn about him the better. I really like the fact that Poe has a lot of reasons to really dislike the FO and theres a whole lot there in regard to build around him. The loss of his Team Mate to the FO, then there's the fact that he has an enemy in the Senate in Erudo Ro-Klintor a FO Sympathizer, he's also angry at the republic and at times feels that there's a chance that the Galaxy will fall back into the Empire. Leia sending him on the mission to Lor was a way for him to gain cofidence in meeting with someone connected to the force.

I mean heck by cutting out his part in the movie getting rescued they cut out sections in regard to Maz and the Blarien Naka and his cousin Wollvine who was at the castle when Rey, Finn and Han came in. He's actually more connected to the story then most people know.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Yea -- I want the tree to have some meaning. And why not take us back to Yavin in the ST? And the Temples can be re-classifed for the NU as something with significance as it seems Jedi lore and such will be important.

Seeing more family units outside of Skywalker-Solo would be cool and add some additional depth. And I fully believe they brought Oscar in to have a larger role in the movies due to his acting chops.

Wildcatbarry and Darkspellmaster like this.
  7. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015
    I'm wondering if the tree will show up in the story at some point and show connections to things. Maybe we will get to have the Dameron family line at some point along with the Solos and the Skywalkers. I would really like to have that. Family is a huge part of star wars. And yes a reclassification of the temple would be something that would be important. I kind of wonder if the jungles around the temple will become something in the next two movies. Maybe it might show up in 9?

8. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Yea -- might be nice to tie things together from ANH to the ST by establishing the "Next Attempt" at a Jedi Order there in the old "Masassi" Temples with the tree spreading its seeds and creating a planet steeped in the Light

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. Elegant Weapon

Elegant Weapon Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2015
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Cool. I want to see more of his X-Wing squadron buddies as well.

MeBeJedi and Darkspellmaster like this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Very solid creative team. Noto's art is gorgeous and Soule is on point with characterization. I wonder if it will be anything like his early Red Lantern issues.:D

13. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    So Poe`s production name was John Doe... Where have I heard that name before?

14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Yes.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  15. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

"John Doe system?"

"John Doe's not a system, he's a man."

16. Darkspellmaster

Dec 20, 2015

I'd rather have it like his She Hulk, interesting story with interesting characters and some mystery elements, but Red lantern was cool. Though personally for me right now DC still has me annoyed with how it keeps mucking up it's universe. He gets optimistic characters well. I'm so glad we're at least getting some comics from this time period, now can we please get some in the 30 year gap? Or do we have to wait for all the movies to be over? New threat huh? Interesting, I want to know if it's going to be a tie fighter pilot that is coming after him or some connection to the Senator he stole the navicomputer from. Eurado Ro-Kiintor has ties to the FO, not to mention he survived the theft, so he's still an option to cause issues here. I can't wait, and with his buddies added this is going to be some interesting story telling.

17. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

For those that remember Bill Murray's original SNL tune. :p

18. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016

You just got to love him....

I really didn't care about him in the trailers but after watching the movie he is my favorite character..

He also kind of looks like Xavi.. one of the best soccer player and one of my favorite!! :cool:
    [​IMG]

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  19. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Can't wait to see more Poe. Oscar Isaac is my favorite young actor alive. He's this generation's Al Pacino, IMO.

20. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    This is one of my absolute favourite bits of any of TFA trailer. Isacc's acting combined with the fade to the burning forest and music swelling into Han and Leias love theme... It's all so powerful! You kinda wanna scream along with Poe!

21. Teamx

Teamx Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Really keen to see the character develop through the series. I hope he has a major part to play. My favourite character from TFA

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Oh good I'm not the only one. It gives me chills.

23. Knights of Ben

Knights of Ben Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 30, 2016

I remember some speculation before the movie came out with regards to this bit in the trailer. Some ppl thought Kylo was "showing" Poe a vision of Starkiller destroying some planet, and he was sort of going, "Noooooooooooooo!!!" ;)

24. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Defo get chills every time I see it. Like, I've seen it so many times and I know it's coming and it still gives me chills. He looks so intense and in pain, it's mad. And watching reaction videos, a lot of the people kinda almost imitate that screaming face Poe has before bursting out into a smile as the Falcon bursts onto the screen.

AmySolo likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He (and Daisy Ridley later on) really do sell you on how painful/invasive Kylo's mind probe really is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.