main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    I understand there are a number of fans who are not that enamored with the Rathtar scene, and would have rather seen that time utilized for more of something else or something different. However, giving Poe more screen time on a mission that is simply background information would have been a poor use of Oscar Isaac. I personally am happy they decided to "unkill" him (from the early scripts) and he can carry on, hopefully with a bit more engagement and screen time.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    By the time that they decided to I "unkill" him, there simply might not have been time to fit him in there more, or make much logistic sense.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I liked the Rathtars. I also liked Poe. My suggestion: Poe Dameron vs. the Rathtars: A Star Wars Story. :p

JabbatheHumanBeing and AmySolo like this.
  4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's one of those "fun but superfluous" scenes that SW likes to do.

5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    First time I saw ESB I thought Luke getting kidnapped by an albino Cookie Monster was so out of left field.

6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    And the random "Han and Leia fly into the mouth of a giant alien worm, without realizing it. And the whole "planet core" thing from TPM, the video-game like "conveyor belt" sequence from AOTC, and even the Jabba stuff (which takes up almost the entire first act) in ROTJ kind of falls into that as well.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  7. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    It's good to be a theater employee sometimes: :D

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    That's awesome.

AmySolo likes this.
  9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, but what would ever compel Poe to tell Finn that BB-8 has a map to Luke Skywalker? Isn't that information more than a little classified? Yes, this is nitpicking and the easy answer is "because the plot needs to happen," but if Poe's mission is a top secret one, why would he reveal that information to someone he just met?

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because there's no reason not to. The First Order already know that the droid has a map to Luke Skywalker so in the very unlikely event that Finn is a First Order spy Poe hasn't given him any new information. So he tells him because he's trying to convince him of the gravity of the situation.

Pro Scoundrel and DL44Jo like this.
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I see your point, but then again, Poe wasn't forthcoming with that information until Kylo mentally sucked it out of him. Conveying the gravity of the situation and moving the plot along works fine for me.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  13. Darth Zitious

Darth Zitious Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2016
    We've seen a lot of awesome pilots throughout the Star Wars saga, would you guys say Poe is the best? If not where would you rank him as far as pilots go?

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    new trading card for Poe:
    [​IMG]

DL44Jo and Jedi Jessy like this.
  15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I love it when he exclaims "Woah! This thing really moves!". He totally sells the power of the TIE fighter.

DL44Jo likes this.
  16. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Imagine if the roles were reversed,[​IMG]

17. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Well, with Legends now being defunct, that leaves Vader pretty much free and clear as The Best Pilot In The Galaxy. Luke and Plo Koon (from TCW) are probably next on the list regarding force using pilots, and then you have the likes of Wedge Antilles (survived two Death Stars) and Hera Syndulla (from Rebels) and possibly Han as the best ''muggle'' pilots. It's pretty hard to rank them honestly, though I think it's pretty safe to qualify Poe as the best pilot in the current period.

18. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Anyone knows if there are any books about Poe out yet? Would really like to learn more about him!

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yes. The ongoing comic book Star Wars: Poe Dameron.

And the replica novel Poe Dameron: Flight Log. Which is just like the Rey's Survival Guide book.

Berry Kenobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.