main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I like the comment at the end of the article that says "It is not Star Wars without James Earl Jones' Darth Vadar. No Vadar, no buy ticket!

Brilliant!

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I think they are assuming this, seems like they just took the first 3 names on the cast announcement minus Driver.

Boba Geek, T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Which is what everyone seems to be doing. I think it was Devin Faraci and Germain Lussier tweeting back and forth about exactly that the other night.

T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that could be it. I just find it weird that no one else has come right out and said "these actors are the new trio, these are the support," but this one paper get such a scoop?

If no one else knows (and I don't believe that they do, as if they did, they'd be reporting it), then why would only the Huffington Post be privy to such info, you know?

T-R- likes this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Not sure, but they are most likely assuming as nothing is confirmed.

Boba Geek, T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I hope by Star Wars Day they will make clear who the protagonist is and who the "trio of young leads" are so that the debate can be put to rest.

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't announce anything, as it was confirmed that the Tuesday announcement was for May the 4th.

May The 4th was supposed to be:
    1-The Tuesday announcement
    2-The First Full Star Wars Rebels Trailer
    3-The New Yoda Chronicles (Lego)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

They wouldn't have to issue a press release, they could just "leak" it to a trade like THR. If Hollywood Reporter, Variety, etc. reported it confidently, fans would accept it.

I just think it's silly at this point to have people know who will be in the movie, know that there WILL be three leads, but still be arguing over which of those actors will be the three.

Having people continue to debate which of the actors is the main character seems pretty pointless as well. They should just leak it and be done with it.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014

Since the movie is more than a year and a half away from releasing, I could see it happening once filming starts and there are more and more leaks.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't know how likely any info about the characters being released or leaked anytime soon is (and I certainly don't expect anyone to outright say "such and such is the protagonist), but it would be nice to get some clarification on who are the leads and who are playing supporting roles.

Still, for all we know, the makeup of the three leads could actually be designed to change from one film to another, too (if, say, we lose a character in VII and another steps up in 8 and 9).

T-R- likes this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Look at all the recent Avengers Age of Ultron leaks from the set.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to learn more (and I'm certain some info will have to leak once PP begins).

Personally, I'm excited for the day Lucasfilm gives us character names. I just think that will still be a while from today (maybe at SDCC this summer, if we're lucky).

13. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    Oscar Isaac could be the offspring of a clone/storm trooper who left the empire after ROTJ. Definitely could pull off that look, right? (Maybe even connected to Boba Fett, but that's a long shot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery Roach likes this.
  14. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    What do you think? He could pull it off.

15. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    He's probably the only casting choice in this that makes sense to me. I love the cast and I love not knowing what to expect, but they're all "wait and see" castings. With this though, I can definitely see this guy as a gunslinger Han Solo-esque character right off the bat.

Dra---, Momotaros and T-R- like this.
  16. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think they'll all deliver in a big way, and JJ knows how to get performances, but I agree, Isaacs is a very exciting and unexpected choice.

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Hmmm....this guy's not getting a whole lotta hype.

Personally, he leaves me VERY VERY cold. I don't see him as a lead-not whatsoever. Boyega, Gleeson, Ridley-YES YES and YES. But not Isaac.

I don't know what it is-he just strikes me as the type he played from Robin Hood.

18. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    That's the Ridley Scott Robin Hood, right? I own that and I've seen it once, but I guess I should check it out again now.

T-R- likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ever since I initiated the mad idea that he does resemble some sort of Jango Fett offspring, I cannot help but think how poignant it could be to have the grandson of a clone trying to be a hero in his own right but carrying forward the whole "sins of the fathers" motif that has run through the saga. Good change of pace to run parallel with whatever the next generation of Skywalkers are dealing with, themselves.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You're not alone. :)

The second I saw Oscar, I thought "Fett genes," too. And the more I think about it, the more I love the idea of having Isaac being the son or grandson of a clone. I imagine the filmmakers will strive to make connections to the PT, as well as the OT, and I think this would be a simple (but inspired) way to do it.

And I don't know how realistic this is, but because I loved his character, I'd go so far as to say Isaac could connect to TCW, too, if say, we were to eventually learn that he is descended from a certain CT-7567. ;)

I know, I know -- not everyone has to be related. But I can't help it. I think it would be unbelievably cool.

21. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    There were rumors/reports a long time ago about them looking for a "Han Solo type military man" - I would best Isaac is that character.

22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Hmmmm.....could be interesting if they bring in the Fetts. He's 35-born around the time of ESB. Maybe a Fett spin-off will feature the birth of Fett's child, but Fett has to go off and do his job of finding Han. The little Fettling wants revenge for the death of the father he never got to know.

DarthBertChews likes this.
  23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Have you guys realised that this actor is the closer one in age to the rumored role LFL was looking for a couple of months ago? The military type that would be for Hugo Weaving or Michael Fassbender. We clearly read a lot of rumors about a military role close to the 40s, and then we read about an imperial commander.

I think Isaac is clearly the most militar looking of the whole cast and the closer in age to the cast leaked role.

24. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Fassbender yes (Fass was born in 1977, Isaac born in 1979).

Weaving-not so much. Weaving is 54. Oldman-nope. Oldman is 55.

But yeah they could have made the part younger.

25. DarthBertChews

DarthBertChews Jedi Master

Jul 29, 2003
    Love this angle. The new ultimate baddie uses Oscar by telling him his father's fate and blames it on Solo. Oscar kills Solo but he and Daisy are in love and this creates a big rift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.