main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    If Oscar is flying the Falcon when we first see him, I think it'd be cool for him to complain to Han that he's having trouble getting the ship to run. Han then punches the ceiling of the Falcon and it begins working perfectly.

KitsterAKABobaFett likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  3. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah I picked up on that. He may want to clarify.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Do you think this is a confirmation that Isaac is a secondary character like Lando was? I was expecting him to be the Han Solo of the ST, not the Lando.

6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Believable if Boyega is your Han Solo of this trilogy.

Revanfan1, Han Drolo and Darth_Bertie like this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @soul8luos
    but Lando is not one of the trio, he was a supporting character.

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

A super star destroyer? I mean I thought there was only one of those and it was destroyed in ROTJ. I just thought it was a regular old star destroyer they were talking about.

Whatever, I'm indifferent.

starocean90 likes this.
  9. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Still leaves the third member of the "new trio of leads" If Oscar Issac is really the Lando, I'm gonna go with Domhall Gleeson being the third member.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Which again leads us to another problem of who your third lead is.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Zuckuss the Ruckuss
    I agree, it will be weird (if true) seeing Han flying a ship with a huge crew compared to the more personalized Falcon.

JediFan215 likes this.
  12. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Gleeson or Driver.

My money's on the ginger.

Revanfan1, coxie0520 and starocean90 like this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd much prefer Han and Chewie to have a smaller pirate ship more suited to smuggling, its what he knows and does best so it makes sense that if after ROTJ there's no happy ending he'd return to smuggling spice.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Remember Devin's recent post on all this analysing on the details re the age of Batman - don't get fixated on the precise details. Think of the general.

Is it necessarily a Super Star Destroyer? Is Isaac the Lando?

I wouldn't get bogged down in the details.

15. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013

Doing the same like in ANH 30+ years later? Doooon't think so at all. Our own lifes change a lot in just a decade, please!

16. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I think Isaac being the new Lando makes a lot of sense. Mainly because if he is sort of a new Han Solo, with the Falcon and so on, makes everything a bit too close to the OT story. If, on the contrary, Boyega is the new Han, but not a remake of the character, but a hard, rogue warrior, that starts being on the wrong side and ends up on the good one, that leaves space for Ridley being the first female lead with Force powers (Leia has them but does not use them), and could very well mean Gleeson is the third lead. Something that would be nice, specially if he is playing Luke´s offspring and playing an already trained Jedi.

17. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Sounds good but there might be a flaw here. If Luke was held captive for 30 years he wouldn't have time to have a son or train him.

18. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    We know he´s been capted, but 30 years? And how does his lighsaber appears on a battle? Plus, he would look like Dumbledore after 30 years held captive. I think we will be captive, but not for such a long period of time. Not to mention the limitations that would imply for the new EU and the adventures of Luke during those 30 years.

Han Drolo likes this.
  19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

If that is true, then you are correct. But if he has only been captured recently and "went off the grid" for 30 years; tons of potential paths.

ksb36, Darth_Bertie and Han Drolo like this.
  20. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Exactly. Han would not revert to his old ways. These rumours seem to suggest he's still in the military, with the Star Destroyer thing and the rank on his snow outfit. He may still be a bit of a scoundrel on the side, infact I expect nothing less of him, but theres no way I can see him back smuggling spice.

HugoWanKenobi and starocean90 like this.
  21. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    He's probably an Admiral of the Alliance by now.

Darth_Bertie and Claire1976 like this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Oscar Isaac is the new Emperor

[​IMG]

23. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I think you guys are reading waaaaay too deep into what he said. He mentioned Lando because supposedly Oscars character is in possession of the Falcon. He even wears a cape like Lando.

Satipo likes this.
  24. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    There is very little point to call Isaac the new Lando when he is piloting the Falcon. Why not call him the new Han Solo? That´s what some were expecting, some this come as unexpected. I can imagine he will play some kind of roguish smuggler or something similar, so the first reference that comes to your mind when, again, he owns the Falcon now, is Han.

If he is playing a similar role to the one Lado played on the OT, I would expect him to be out of the lead trio, which I think makes sense, and probably after the Episode VII, the Falcon won´t be central for the plot, which is a good choice as well IMO.

starocean90 likes this.
  25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    on one of the forcecast they were saying maybe daisy ridley isn't related to the solos at all. i think maybe oscar isaac is a solo son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.