main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This guy is great – I'm glad he is in Star Wars. I haven't seen inside Llewyn Davis, but he was great as King John in Robin Hood. Not sure what he would play in this movie, but I'm interested to see... whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be great!

Dewback and DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR like this.
  2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    If he plays a non-Force sensitive good guy, he'll be great regardless of how he acts.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm liking this guy Isaac - watching Won't Back Down right now and he is very good in it. Seems like a natural actor, too. Can't wait to see him in this.

Also, since there wasn't ever a character that can play a musical instrument in Star Wars before, I wonder if they'll show that he'll have this as a hobby.

my kind of scum likes this.
  4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    He was great as the lead in Inside Llewyn Davis.

5. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I really liked the creepy character he played in Sucker Punch, so I was positively surprised by this announcement :D. I didn't care much about Ep. VII before - not enough info, for one thing -, but with this guy in, my interest is piqued.

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP likes this.
  6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I like the idea of Isaac playing somewhat of a guide like Han but who ends up betraying the people he's supposed to be guiding.

Then he turns around and helps them and betrays the ones he's working for-ultimately sacrificing himself in the process.

7. knessa95

knessa95 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2014
    I don't see him actually killing Han. But I could see him and the Solo daughter being antagonistic/falling for each other, with their family history creating problems if he is indeed a Fett.

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Probably the love interest of Ridley ( Solo Daughter ) therefore part of the new big 3 ( Boyega , Ridley & Issac )............

9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Doubt he'll be the love interest of Ridley. That's just my gut. I think he will end up being a secondary villain-possibly a key player in the military enemy that is either working for the main villain or as the primary antagonist group that ends up being second fiddle for a larger evil force.

10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

I think the "three young leads" are Driver, Ridley, & Boyega.

Isaac's character is too old for Ridley (this is Disney we're talking about here). If anything she may have a schoolgirl-like crush on him, but he keeps a respectable distance.

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Ford and Fisher were farther apart in age

TKT likes this.
  12. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    [/quote]
    Ford and Fisher were farther apart in age[/quote]

Character wise? I doubt Disney will allow it.

13. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Ya know what? I may be wrong. There was Jack Sparrow & Elizabeth Swan, so who knows? Not me. Carry on.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  14. SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP Jedi Master star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Thank You! I can't believe no one brought up his role in Sucker Punch...

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  15. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Well, we don't know what ages the actors are playing. If Daisy plays 22 and Oscar plays 32 we have the same 10 year gap between them as Han and Leia. Real ages, Harrison is 14 years older than Carrie. Oscar is 13 years older than Daisy.

Don't see a problem

plaidphoenix likes this.
  16. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    [/quote]
    If Daisy plays 22 and Oscar plays 32...

Don't see a problem[/quote]

Ha ha! My mom would. But I concede. :cool:

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If Daisy plays 22 and Oscar plays 32...

Don't see a problem[/quote]

Ha ha! My mom would. But I concede. :cool:[/quote]
    So, your mom hated RotJ? :p

18. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Mom took me to see ROTJ back in '83. Pretty sure she hasn't seen it since then. If she was mad about anything, I'm sure she's over it.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't think that he's part of the main trio (I think that those will be Ridley, Boyega, and Gleeson). As to what role he's playing, that's the thing. Isaac is such a great actor that he can play many different roles and make them believable/good.

20. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    There´s only one reason why he joined the cast. He wants to kill Adam "Al cody" Driver.

21. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Great actor who was on a collision course with stardom even if he hadn’t been picked for a part in Star Wars.

It was somewhat surprising to me that so many people on SW and genre sites were unaware of who he is outside of subpar movies like “Sucker Punch”. But then I remembered that I’m more used to interacting on forums dedicated to arthouse, independent and foreign films as well as those forums that are in the business of predicting future Academy Award nominations (like Gold Derby). In other words the films that people tend not to be interested in. In those corners of the world wide web Isaac has been considered for awhile as up and coming leading man of the future. He never seems to appear in the same type of films, each one seems different from the rest. A lot of people thought he would be nominated for “Inside Llewyn Davis” but unfortunately for him this past season had so many great leading actor performances to choose from that Isaac was left out. That may not be the case next year if “A Most Violent Year” lives up to some early buzz.

I was shocked when I was told he was going to be in SW because I wasn’t sure it was the type of movie he would be interested in, especially when he seems to have a lot of options already at his disposal and is already working with the A list directors in the industry. This suggests that the role he has must be an intriguing one for him to sign up and come aboard.

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I do say, chap, that I am in complete agreement with your erudite insight into this fine thespian and his selection of only the choicest material. I, also, find myself aghast at how easily baffled these plebeian genre fans tend to be when exposed to more refined cinema and... crap... my monocle fell into my chardonnay as I was typing this...

23. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Funny.

Wasn't trying to be elitist so don't get all insecure. Truth is most people don't like the movies I'm typically drawn to in the first place. Last week when I tuned into podcasts and read blogs regarding the SW 7 casting announcemounts I was confused when people kept claiming they had no idea who Oscar Isaac was. Found myself thrown for a loop that people were acting as if he was some small time actor snatched up from some community theater. Then I got a grip and realized that, no, only a small selection of moviegoers could pick him out of a lineup. That's the pioint I was trying to make about reminding myself; I have to take into consideration that not everyone rushes out to see a Cohen Brothers movie or even know who J.C. Chandor is. Hell, I don't even remember Isaac from "Sucker Punch". That's how unimpressed I was with that movie in general. But I do recall Isaac's performance in "Drive" despite that movie's imperfections.

24. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    He was a very good lead in a Coen bros movie, probably the finest active filmmakers out there.

For me, that overqualifies him for any role ever.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.