main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Oh, yep. On that video it is pretty clear Isaac is the one climbing into the X-Wing.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's not 100% sure it's Isaac but it does look like it could be him.
    for a long time people thought it was Boyega.

3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It's brilliant trolling on JJ's part if it actually turns out to be Oscar and he's not flying the Falcon at all, but is flying an X-Wing. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if JJ picked one of the main actors to get into the X-Wing and they weren't going to get into an X-Wing in the movie.

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I am still hoping that Isaac doesn't own the Falcon and that Han/Chewie still have it.:)

Ridley Solo and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  6. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    It could be a different pilot from the one in the omaze video. This photo is clearly not a screenshot from the video. it's a different angle and the pilot doesn't get in the xwing like in the exact same way as the video...

[​IMG]

7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Looks to me like most were right and Isaac was Han 2.0.:p
    When I look at the art before a certain date, it looks like the guy was a special ops Imperial who went rogue. He then became a solider of fortune and a pilot for the heroes. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like in the earlier drafts, the character had function, but not a lot of definition. This is probably why solution was a total rewrite beyond the parameters of what Micheal Arndt was brought aboard to do. So J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan reorganized and restructured the story and characters.

8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    It's definitely not 100% clear enough to say that it is Oscar, but it is clearly 2 different takes with adjustments made to the pilot costume. Notice his bent knee. In the vid, the band with the decoders isn't there.

[​IMG]

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    confirmed Isaac is playing a shapeshfter.:p

10. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yeah, Isaac's Character has no business flying the Falcon. The only thing I didn't like about ROTJ(besides Boba Fett falling into the Sarlacc), was that we never see Han Solo and Chewbacca in the Millenium Falcon; I can't see them making the same mistake again. I will be P****d off if they bring back Harrison Ford to play Han Solo, but once again have somebody else flying the Falcon; even if it is just at the beginning of the movie. The Millenium Falcon is an extension of Han Solo; it allows for the best Han Solo moments. This is one of those BS rumors I can't wait to see destroyed. [face_plain]

TKT and starocean90 like this.
  11. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    I've no doubts whatsoever that we'll see Han flying the Falcon. JJ would have a lynch mob after him otherwise and I say that as someone with no real 'shopping list' to speak of for this movie. Also, if that is Oscar, I think in some form of elaborate double bluff, we will see Oscar as an X-Wing pilot in this movie. ;)

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yes, I definitely agree. Oscar flying an X-Wing makes a lot more sense. ;)

CairnsTony likes this.
  13. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    Oscar playing a rebel/alliance pilot would be interesting if he is part of the main trio. I can imagine the back and fourth he'd have with Boyega since he's an imperial pilot

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I think that could be pretty sweet.

15. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Is it definitely Oscar?

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's not definitive, it's just a possibility.;)

17. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Well, if Han and Leia have kids, maybe one of the children could be given the Falcon by Han. It would make for some nice banter if Han then boards the Falcon at some point and wants to fly it himself.

18. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Indeed, which is why I said 'Oscar' rather than Oscar. :p

Having said that, I sometimes think it's fun to come off the fence and call it. I'm going to predict it's him and he's an X-Wing pilot. :D

Baron_Papanerd and starocean90 like this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so he's the new Wedge of VII.:p

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Yep, but without the dodgy American accent. And a somewhat bigger role.

I also have a hunch that he is the third of the new trio, but that his role has been scaled back a bit to allow for the OT3 to make their curtain calls, then when they take a back seat (or die) come VIII, his role will be scaled up. :)

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  21. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    Can someone explain to me why people think that X-wing pilot is Oscar Isaac? You can't see his face even slightly. Am I missing something?

DNateos likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    *shrugs* I'm guessing cause its more fun to imagine that it's an actual cast member than just some random extra [face_dunno]

Ridley Solo and D'an like this.
  23. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Speaking personally, I study people for a living and watch faces very closely all the time. I would never call myself an expert, but I see enough to tell me that it could be him. Of course I could be wrong, but I think it's fun to call it. ;)

24. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I think it's more likely that JJ just grabbed an extra or someone working on the set and had them put on the flight suit. That being said, I do think Isaac's character is aligned with the Republic and is a friend of Driver's, perhaps. Another character betrayed by Driver in the end.

EviL_eLF and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

By the end of VII, everybody will hate Driver. :p

Ridley Solo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.