main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    My bombastic melodrama of a response is clearly satire good sir. And no, I won't use emoticons to convey further information that is already obvious, or should be at least to an intelligent audience.

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Obviously, it isn't "clear" and now I suspect you are simply covering up for your "outburst" - for which I do not know the cause, but it does come across as something different to an attempt at humour.

However, whatever the cause, it is clearly nothing to actually do with me, since we have not engaged in discussion before (to my knowledge anyway) - so good luck to you.

And peace.

3. Scummy_and_Villainous

May 13, 2013
    It was a simple jest directed at you (and to a lesser extent, the other guy) for carrying on about semantics. If a line like this: "and many more will can't their evens in the future" doesn't strike you as farcical then, well, I can't help you; I thought you brits were astute to absurdist dry humor (excuse me, humour)? My mistake. And no one is covering up anything, okay? So please, dude, get over yourself.

4. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Scummy_and_Villainous

This just seems like a limp excuse, and doesn't ring true the more you pursue it - and by pursuing it you are actually doing the very thing you claimed to be mocking in the first place.

Why are you assuming I'm British? Assumptions can lead to failure.

There is nothing to "get over" and I did offer "peace", which you don't seem to care for.

5. Scummy_and_Villainous

May 13, 2013
    Okay, so your Irish, my apologies, although if you were from Northern Ireland I would be technically correct, but that is moot point and not what getting at and plus, I frankly don't care. However, I only assumed as much because collectively people across the pond (what ever island one chooses) can easily assess that type of humor as It was practically invented by the people in that part of the world, Ireland especially. Assuming that you were keen enough to get it, was in fact the assumption that lead to failure.

But I made a gross generalization and foolishly chose to rib you, an Irishmen with no sense of humor when it concerns yourself and when a person insists that it was a joke, albeit, a stupid one, you suspect the other of some kind of damage control because god forbid the jokes on you (that is why I said "get over yourself").

Indeed. [face_rofl]

6. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Scummy_and_Villainous

You seem to have desperate need to be right - "technically British", etc.

And you really should open your mind a bit - okay, you say it was in jest, IF that is so, is it so alien a concept that the tone and meaning could be lost in text form as opposed to a face to face conservation.

As it is, the "satire" you say you intended doesn't make sense for what was a question, by me, on the grammar of the comment, since the meaning of Deathsticks remark was not in question then.

And as to "getting over myself" - it is you who is keeping this going (I must away, as work is nearly over and this is now my weekend so) and I made clear originally that didn't think your outburst was actually aimed at me, as we've never conversed before.

And yes, the "relax" statement is for the likes of yourself - who engage in such rants as you did earlier.

You can PM if you want - I won't be back online until Monday or Tuesday, most likely.

Laters.

7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Guys, guys.

Hoggsquattle, I wasn't snarking you, just being intentionally over-the-top pedantic about a really silly phrase. I don't mind that you dislike Picard, at all - my family, usually Sci-Fi nerds, down right hate him - I was just taking things to a quite silly level of minutiae with the idea it was amusing. It's not a big deal.

And for what it's worth, it was clear to me that Scummy_and_Villainous was attempting to take that same tact and make a lighthearted joke. Have a good weekend to you both!

Hoggsquattle and Immortiss like this.
  8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    starocean90 likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    *sniffs* our baby is all grown up and about to destroy mutants. ;)

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    you know this is exactly the proof to me that Isaac better suited to playing a villain.;)

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That's pretty big.

Good, he's a good actor, nice for him. And nice for us, sure he'll do a great job.

13. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    starocean90 likes this.
  14. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Every Empire needs an Emperor...

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well its better then what Hollywood usually does because usually they just full on whitewash Ancient Egypt but I am getting really tired of Black People only being background extras in these cases.

Although I am Oscar will be fine, not like you need top level acting in an X-men Movie.

16. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    What are you, an activist or something? Jeeez every post you make is about races and opressed people. No one is against diversity, but this is a Star Wars forum. There is no need to make every post about a non-related issue.

17. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I am sry Darth Bertie, I dont see a Mod Tag next to ur name so why dont u leave the Forum Policing to actual Mods.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right, so why are these guys in the films?

[​IMG]

19. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Sure they are top actors but I dont think even they are bringing their A-Game.

20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep sorry, don't want you to fell more opressed or something. LOL.

21. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Oscar Isaac...yeah, that's one cool dude. ;)

22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
  23. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I wonder how Disney feels about this news. [face_whistling]

24. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I doubt they care, as long as Star Wars takes precedent no conflict.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

This. Also, maybe Isaac's character is killed off in VII. We don't know what role he's playing. If he's the third lead, then he'll probably stick around for VIII and IX. If he's not, then it is possible that he could be killed off (though I think it's unlikely). Plus, it's probably that Apocalypse's filming wouldn't interfere with VIII's.

starocean90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.