main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Crazy thought-Oscar playing Boba Fett????

Probably not going to happen, but based on my "baddie" post, Fett could be found by Mandalorian pirates scrounging the galaxy and coming across the Sarlaac Pit. Seeing Fett, in Mandalorian gear, could cause them to rescue him, hold him in carbonite and thawed at the right moment after somehow giving him some sort of power.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    anyone remember when jason flemyn tweeted a picture of some E7 audition script? i think it likely he was up for oscar's part.

here's the link:
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/first-look-star-wars-vii-script-201000565.html

the article tries to work out what was on the script, some words were too blurred to make out:

It appears that this page lists at least two characters - 'John' and 'Will'. It seems they might just be looking for something… as this short exposition explains.

"As John goes through his bag, Will gives a lot of the [unreadable] the imagined [unreadable] in his stare."

And a bit further on, it looks as though John and Will get to the gist of what they're up to.

"Wise move [unreadable]. I thought we were doing the scavenging?"

[​IMG]

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Wow I actually forgot about that. So perhaps Gleeson isn't related to anybody, and he and Isaac are scavengers who get mixed up with the heroes. This actually fits with that whole "Space Pikey" thing too.

4. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    gleeson and isacc's tarmacing drives, and bareknuckle fighting - yes

their ship could be a caravan that travels at light speed

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    or maybe it's Serkis?

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I remember laughing at him for apparently thinking that Stella Artois is good. :p

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    maybe the space scavengers are Boyega and Isaac.

8. Boba Geek

Boba Geek Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    Maybe its not a main "trio" this time? Maybe its the main "four".

9. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    No. The OS specifically said "trio of new leads".

I really think this fits though... Boyega is Luke's apprentice, Ridley is Han and Leia's daughter, Isaac is a Han Solo-type scavenger, and Gleeson is his sidekick, the Chewbacca of this trilogy.

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    we call stella "wifebeater"

everyone knows you can't fit four in a trio

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    judging by the cast photo, Boyega and Isaac would be sidekicks t one another. If Gleeson was Isaac's sidekick he wouldn't be sitting next to KK, AD, and MH

12. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    R2, let the pikey win

13. Boba Geek

Boba Geek Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2014
    Ah! I stand corrected then :) For some reason, if it is a trio i think it will be Gleeson, Boyega and Ridley. Just a gut feeling.

T-R- likes this.
  14. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't think it's wise to take the cast photo at face value down to every detail. Sure it might stand to reason that Gleeson would be sitting near Isaac if this were the case, but it could also be as simple as the chairs in that section already being taken, so he had to move over to the other side.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Do people actually believe the 30 year old Gleeson won the role that the 47 year old Flemyng was going for?really

T-R- likes this.
  16. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I could see him more of like a Jeff Goldbloom type character from Jurrasic. Park/ Independence Day. Like a nerdy scientist that saves the day and less of a scoundrel type.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    With that type of character, I'm not sure the age really matters all that much. It seems like something that could be quite flexible. Especially if he's non-human.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Something about Isaac strikes me as someone who wasn't the first or second (or maybe not even third) choice for whatever role he got.

Dunno-his casting leaves me the most blah. Not very impressed with him overall from what I've seen.

19. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Have you seen Inside Llewyn Davis? I thought he carried that movie beautifully, and he seems like a very diverse actor.

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    How can anybody actually believe the whole Space Pikey thing? I'm pretty sure that it's not true at all, would he actually brake his NDA don't think so.

21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Cool, then I can start my Daisy Ridley is playing Luke's daughter theory since it doesn't matter where she sat. [face_dancing]

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    She's playing Chewbacca's daughter.;)

T-R- likes this.
  23. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    From the movie website Empireonline.com;

One of the most exciting names announced in the casting for Star Wars: Episode VII was Oscar Isaac, who wasn't even rumoured until the day of the announcement. But he's one of those actors we'll always go out of our way to watch, so he further boosts our already sky-high hopes for the film. The shoulda-been-Oscar-nominated star of Inside Llewyn Davis is largely on lockdown now as filming commences, but he has left a few words slip about his casting.

In an interview with The Sunday Times Culture section, which will be on sale tomorrow, the actor said, "I could not be more excited to be a part of the Star Wars saga. It still seems hard to believe. Star Wars is a huge part of my family. Collecting toys, throwing themed parties. We had a big one for Return of the Jedi. I came as a gonk droid.”

He also makes it clear that he's keen on his director, J.J. Abrams, telling the Sunday Times two days before his casting was announced, “There are some big movies that are quite good. And interesting, and have interesting stories. I think one person in particular is JJ, JJ Abrams. He makes really good stories. He puts a lot of heart into them. They don’t feel like they’re just exploitive.”

“I think there are a lot of different films you can be surprised by, and that have the element of the unknown and I think it is very important. It’s very important. That’s why I do understand some secrecy with certain films, not wanting to let it out.”

Trebor Sabreon and Dewback like this.
  24. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Absolutely. Last time I brought this up I was somewhat ridicued for being a snob, but some of the comments flowing around this site make me wonder if a lot of the folks with doubts over the new actors actually look at other movies other than genre flicks or tentpole blockbusters

Isaac is an in-demand actor in the industry. He's the type of guy, at this point of his career, that you offer a role to first.

25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a pikey? (apparently, I missed some rumor - but I have seen this word in several threads over the last couple of days and I have no idea what it is.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.