main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah based on his age seems likely, nice to see we wont be getting cardboard cutouts and some more grey.

2. Gambit00

Gambit00 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2014
    We still don't know 100% if he's the 3rd member, but it does seem logical after watching the trailer. And as for is personality, he very well could be like Lando or Han. All we know is that he can fly an X-Wing.;)

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I'm pretty sure myself. They made sure the teaser singled out three faces purposely , especially since the safest route would've been to reveal the OT Big three but it's obvious they're saving that nostalgia trip for later. Boyega , Ridley , the new droid, Issac and Driver as the Villain. It all lines up with how they're listed on casting and everything.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. Gambit00

Jul 30, 2014
    Oh, I agree, I think Issac is the 3rd member. I just don't like to assume too much. Like people over in the Gleeson thread who just KNOW Gleeson is a Skywalker.;)

5. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Out of all the known actors outside of the OT, I was most excited when I heard Oscar Isaac had signed up. He's gonna kill it. He might play a semi-douche but that's what Han was at his best.

Yanksfan and PrometheusCreations like this.
  6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Playing a good douche is hard, its a balancing act but as long as u can walk the walk though it tends to work.

Knessa84 likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been saying it for a while now but I think Isaac is the son of Han and Leia and the fanatical Sith is his brother. It'd be an interesting blend of his parents if he had his mother's dedication to the cause but his father's cynicism about the Force. It'd also be a nice counter to Ridley and Driver who I think will be the dedicated light and dark siders of the trilogy.

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well in that case he have to be better then 3rd Lead hero right. I mean when has the sibling ever been that irrelevant.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think there will be a "third lead". I think there will be a main character and two leads like the other trilogies. I think Daisy is our main character but Isaac will be extremely important to the story as well as Boyega.

10. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I think its more Daisy and John Co Leads and Issac in third but...

K still I think the main point of having two siblings on different sides is the inevitable clash between them if One is Lead Bad Guy and the other is Supporting not quite as poignant really.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  11. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Practically all the rumors indicate that Daisy is the main protagonist, as well as the fact that she's still the only actor in the whole cast who's confirmed to return in the two following episodes, but I do find it odd that Boyega is in the top billing over her. Skaddix has a point in that it's possible/very likely that the two of them are Co-Leads, with Isaac in the third lead.

Han Drolo likes this.
  12. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Actually I think the return thing was not technically from any official source (I think it came with her changing agencies) but I dont totally remember.

But my point is again Sibling Clash so if u were going to put two siblings on opposite Sides and u assume Daisy is Lead or Co-Lead then u be better off making her the Sibling to presumably Driver's fallen bad guy, not the a supporting character because its a better hook. Sure Similar to Jacen and Jaina but still a well worn and effective trope.

Han Drolo and Knessa84 like this.
  13. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Ah. I'm sure others have a better memory of the details there than I do.

Sure, but it also doesn't have to be 'Siblings' to work. There are variations on that trope that could freshen things up a little bit, such as making them cousins or perhaps rivals due to association to a previous master (like Luke) or the like.

14. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Oh sure I am just saying if Driver is ur main bad or even the Vader to someone else Palpatine then u want the connection to between him and ur Lead or Co-Lead not him and what seems to be ur 3rd most important new Hero.

15. Chained Prometheus

Jul 24, 2013

Oh definitely, Star Wars is a series that capitalizes on drama. Close relationships inherently give way to dramatic conflicts.

starocean90 and Skaddix like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    There are many ways to have it play out but I think in the end (if Isaac is a Solo) I think it'll take both Ridley and Isaac to defeat the main baddies. It'd be interesting to have a cynical Jedi who sees the Force as merely a tool to overcome his evil brother and has to overcome that cynicism. As opposed to Ridley who could be the more classic hero.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I don't think anyone thought he would be an X-Wing pilot, everyone thought he was going to be a rouge, guess that rumor of him having the falcon was wrong thank god.

18. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, he's a pilot. That we know. That doesn't mean he won't have the Falcon in the future depending on what happens to Han. Believe me, I don't want Han to die, but I've heard the rumor enough to give it some credence.

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Star Wars Underworld scooped that he would be an X-Wing pilot, last week, and before that people were debating whether the X-Wing pilot in Force for Change was Isaac.
    http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/11/rumor-force-awakens-trailer-synopsis.html

Dak Oolron and Lurknomore like this.
  20. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Wow good call by them haha.

Dak Oolron and starocean90 like this.
  21. Gambit00

Jul 30, 2014
    He could still be a rogue....just with an X-Wing.

Dak Oolron and Knessa84 like this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, that thought had crossed my mind, as well.

I was hoping for a name, too. [face_blush]

Is that what it translates to? Beautiful. :D I didn't finish figuring it out before deciding to just try to get the photo up as an avatar.

Dak Oolron, starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I hope if he does get the Falcon it's not on a permanent basis. I just can't imagine it being somebody elses ship. If Han is to die, I'd like to see something happen to the Falcon, either for it to be destroyed in a blaze of glory or give it and Han a viking burial where they fire it off into a star or something.

Dak Oolron and Knessa84 like this.
  24. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Wasn`t there something about a cape, as well?

Redimet likes this.
  25. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Yeah thats right we was supposed to be like Lando.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.