main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    It's a pejorative slur against Travellers (they used to be called Tinkers, or Irish Gypsies). Apparently there was a rumor that some characters were going to be scavengers in the new film.

Edit: Apparently Gleeson said it himself

markdeez and my kind of scum like this.
  2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    That website is a satire site like the Onion. That's how the term got introduced to this forum.

markdeez and T-R- like this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm pretty sure Gleeson was taking the piss.

4. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    markdeez and Dewback like this.
  5. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Hopefully a friend or someone from his family can track down a photo of him in that costume.

Adi_Gallia_9, Trebor Sabreon and T-R- like this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If he said any of that, then sure. Absolutely.

But I got the feeling in reading it that Dom didn't utter a single word included in that article (and that's what I felt even before I knew that one of the words in the article was a pejorative term).

It's just satire cooked up by the writer.

Satipo and T-R- like this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I really like Isaac's work and something tells me that, whatever role he plays, he's going to be terrific.

8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Honestly just coming into this thread to show Oscar some love. 5 pages vs. 25+ for Daisy, Gleeson, etc., etc.

WE LOVE YOU OSCAR

9. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    At least us Oscar Isaac fans probably won't be disappointed with his character since we're not overspeculating. All the people in those other forums are going to be really disappointed when Daisy never responds to their obsessive love letters or Gleeson turns out to be a character that is totally unrelated to either Luke or Obi-Wan.

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Truth. In the meantime, I'll just listen to this on repeat:

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Beautiful! I really need to watch Inside Llewyn Davis.

12. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Oscar Isaac is obviously a clone, in the Tim Zahnian sense... just look at that last name with the double 'a'...

13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    he was just interviewed on BBC Radio 4 Front Row , he spoke about how he got the role .

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  14. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Come on, you gotta give us more detail than that! ;)

T-R- likes this.
  15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    he said that his agent told him JJ had invited him to a meeting in Paris to talk about the role and that he and his family are big SW fans , they even collect the toys , he dressed up as a Gonk droid once , they start shooting at the end of the month , obviously he didn't give anything away about the plot

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  16. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks, gezvader! Did he say when he was cast? If I remember correctly, he was one of the ones cast more recently.

17. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    don't think so . he did say that at first he wondered if it was really for SW , so he tried not getting his hopes up .

18. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Why Paris? Was JJ there for something? Was Oscar? Was it so secret they had to go to a completely different country to avoid being seen? Is the Illuminati involved somehow?

Revanfan1, Baron_Papanerd and T-R- like this.
  19. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think its obvious who he is playing now... he'll be playing the a Gonk Droid who helps the jedi on their quest.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's interesting that they met in Paris because there was that picture of JJ taken in a toy store in Paris. It was said that both he and Kasdan were there so that definitely could have been when they met with Isaac. The photo was posted on April 4th I believe.

Revanfan1, Mystery Roach and T-R- like this.
  21. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001

I was just rereading the Hollywood Reporter article about the casting, and they had this to say about Oscar Isaac:

"Talks with Inside Llewyn Davis' Isaac began in March, according to sources, but then hit a snag in early April when it looked as if the summer and fall shooting schedule might run up against theater commitments. "

I had forgotten about that article. So them meeting in Paris sometime in April sounds about right. His deal was probably finalized mid-month or so.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Great idea! I could see this.

The consensus says that Oscar will be the military type, and I agree. I was thinking about how in the Clone Wars, each Jedi Knight was teamed up with a specific Clone Commander(Anakin/Rex Obi-Wan/Cody). Maybe this trend will continue in the ST, and Boyega's Jedi character will team up with Oscar Isaac's non-Force user Military Commander. It would be cool if the Jedi had their own starfighters just like in the Prequels; and Boyega's and Isaac's character could both be the main focus of any Space Battles. That could explain Isaac and Boyega sitting together in the Cast Photo.

dolphin likes this.
  23. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Haha, that's great! Good to see he has a sense of humor about the whole thing.

25. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    He's got a terrible poker face. Its pretty obvious that he's going to kiss a wookie in the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.