main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lurknomore, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Yup, just like that Han Solo guy. Who cares once you get past the top two? :p

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If the black and orange X-Wing is Poe's then it already has an Artoo style astromech droid.

3. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    BB-8 doesn't strike me as an astromech capable of repairing spacecraft, though. To me it seems more like a speedy little swiss army knife - handy for fast fixes. Or an upgraded pit droid for speeders.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Possibly, but BB-8 could be his personal droid too. It does not have to be an astromech to qualify for that.

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

I dont know I say Han was 2nd after Luke but it is certainly debatable I suppose.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

He's probably just taking a guess based on the trailer. But just after he says he sent in a tape, does he say he met "Leia" at one point?

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

No, he says "met in L.A." . ;)

It is possible that he read for the character that became Poe Dameron. Abrams and Kasdan may not have settled on how young or old any of the characters but instead met with as wide an age range as they could until they found the right actors for the right roles

HL&S and starocean90 like this.
  9. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Just got back from seeing A Most Violent Year. I already knew Isaac was good from Inside Llewyn Davis, but this confirmed for me that he's an extremely talented actor. Pumped to see him in SW!

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yikes not sure I like the sound of that opening. Guess I'll have to wait and see if it works in the film.

Darth_Bertie and starocean90 like this.
  12. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Holy guacamole. I knew the lighsaber/ hand thing was still in, and have been saying so recently! And given that the Empire tracks Poe, and has an interest in that lightsaber, I'm going to again go out on a limb and say that it's Vader's lightsaber (and that it's the key to this Sith Tomb). That's why it's in space. It exited the Death Star before it exploded, and made its way to this savannah/ desert planet. I'm sure of it.

Does the description of the lightsaber's drop point suggest that this planet is NOT Tatooine? Or did this change later on? Seems like a deliberate reference to the Gods Must Be Crazy, which I kind of like. Also like the idea of this farmer having no idea what it is, and accidentally causing a fire. That's dynamic storytelling, and shows that the farmer didn't read the script. :)

This rumor also confirms that Kylo Ren's an Imperial from the very beginning...That's totally new.

And though I'm the first to argue that Star Wars is myth and not science fiction, enough people are aware of the "objects burn up upon entering an atmosphere from space" concept, that they may find this a tad silly. Unless they buy the idea that lightsabers are indestructible...

So much to take in!

13. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
  14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I would much rather the first shot be of a star destroyer - at a different angle of course.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I agree.

I don't like the idea that the first shot in space is that of a lightsaber. I can anticipate laughs in the theater.

16. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I'm having trouble here. In all the concept art the lightsaber they are fascinated with his blue. The lightsaber Luke loses in Empire Strikes back. How can it possibly make it's way through space back to Luke's home planet lol.

I feel as though it makes more sense if they found the lightsaber ( Kylo ) and the ship gets destroyed and the lightsaber is part of the rubble falling to the planet. That makes the most sense.

17. Big Jim Slade

Big Jim Slade Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2014
    I agree.

I don't like the idea that the first shot in space is that of a lightsaber. I can anticipate laughs in the theater.[/quote]

duuude, tell me about it. that the most ridiculous sounding thing i've ever heard--- even by sci-fi standards. makes me think the whole report is sus. i think the majority of these spoilers are garbage and misinformation.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Everything seems to crash into this planet.
    [​IMG]
    "The whole planet is one big magnet".

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's what everyone will say until the movie opens with a saber in space.

20. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    It's definitely not fake. EVERY SINGLE RUMOR has brought up the importance of a lightsaber in the first act. The lightsaber in space being found was one of the very first stories that came out. I think there's reason for that as it's true.

21. darth dariakus

darth dariakus Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2014
    I suspect the first shot will be of the lightsaber being jettisoned or shot out of something else during a space battle. Because the alternative--that it magically floated across the impossible distances of space and time to land here in 30 years--is just silly.

22. Big Jim Slade

Oct 9, 2014

yeah, i mean, yeah. c'mon. give us a break

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    If it's Luke's lightsaber, I wonder why the Empire is after it. Is it possible that Luke's saber is the key to the Sith tomb? And how did it get in space? Seems more convoluted this way. Having it be Vader's lightsaber, IMO, would be much cleaner. And one would barely have to explain how it got there. Either a flashback, or a recreation of the scene in ROTJ, just from the perspective of the hand/ lightsaber, would do the trick...

I do agree that this could be silly if handled poorly. But I'll wait and see. I do really like the idea of a farmer finding it and accidentally starting a fire, though, so I'm conflicted.

24. Big Jim Slade

Oct 9, 2014

U know they'll be some novel down the road about the saber's epic thirty year journey through the galaxy

25. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014
    I just read the latest from the now famous Making starwars Jason and I must say it's not great if true. I hope there is a lot of back story why this lightsaber is so important and not just because it opens a tomb of a sith. Time will tell but may for the next trailer cannot come fast enough to see if making is close this time. Very up and down ForceAwakens sounds from these rumours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.