main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solo-Skywalker, Dec 19, 2015.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I think he means which issue

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    thank you dr. relationship.

oncafar likes this.
  3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

"permission to jump in a X-wing and blow something up?"
    "Permission granted."

Poe's going to be fricking awesome in this movie. he's definitely had enough of the First Order's crap.

Master_Lok, panki, Doom_Buggy and 4 others like this.
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  5. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Omfg ILU Poe..... ;___;

panki likes this.
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I hope he has a bigger role and I hope he actually speaks to Rey

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That would be nice..

panki likes this.
  8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Props to Rian for fixing Poe's comically undersized helmet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    What does "needed" have to do with anything? Some people are gay. Maybe Poe is. What does it matter?

One Quarter Portion and 11-4D like this.
  10. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Not sure I want to get sucked back into this discussion.
    The whole argument is that people who feel representation is needed. I’m not the one saying it they are.

11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Im saying that if a romance is in the cards for Poe (not saying it is), Poe being gay is irrelevant to THAT decision, right? I think any romance has to be justified by the story.

Avnar likes this.
  12. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Agreed. I gave examples of romance that worked and did not in SW because it was forced. Whether Poe has a romance/bromance had nothing to do it. If it’s forced to pander a group set it does.

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So what 'reckless action' gets Poe demoted from Wing Commander to Captain, and more pertinently when does this happen?

14. DantheHam

DantheHam Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2017
    He definitely deserves it. He's a fantastic character in TFA and in his comic. His outfit in TLJ is also very Han-esque, I love it.

panki, Revanfan1, Jazz9276 and 2 others like this.
  15. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah the comic made me like his character a even more. The current arc is looking great, we're finally getting Lor-San-Tekka.

panki, mlsw, Doom_Buggy and 1 other person like this.
  16. JAYson Foster

JAYson Foster Jedi Padawan

Nov 26, 2017
    Poe is awesome!!!

17. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I'm a little disappointed we haven't had more Poe in the trailers and TV spots, but I understand the Force plot is the most exciting aspect to most people.

I'm pleased Poe is going his own story and challenges. I was worried they'd make him a ready-made and stagnant supporting character. Which would be such a waste.

panki likes this.
  18. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't care that much about him not being in TV spots. Save it for when you see the film

Wildcatbarry and Doom_Buggy like this.
  19. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    Does anyone know if Oscar Isaac will be doing any interviews or appearances for TLJ? Isn't there supposed to be a night show appearance with the whole cast soon?

panki likes this.
  20. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    In december 1th, the cast, including Oscar will be in Jimmy Kimmel.

panki likes this.
  21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the firth?

22. Eugene3

Eugene3 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2017
    December 1st :p

Wildcatbarry and thejeditraitor like this.
  23. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Yes Colin Firth. It’s a Kingsmen crossover

mlsw likes this.
  24. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Maybe he will appear on the Star Wars show next week as well since the entire cast is being interviewed?

25. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    panki I think it's better to move here the debate we've started in the New canon thread.

I'll replay to this
    "I agree with this....the facts speak for themselves...growing up playing on the force tree and caring for it, building and riding a podracer as a child, learning to fly an A-wing by the age of 6, being able to fly anything, making an impossible shot and blowing up SKB, never missing a single shot when attacking the FO targets on Takodana, having a strong belief in the force and now this- focusing and flying through a cave-in that should have killed him.....and all this with zero force training or pulling skills out of people's minds. Even Luke couldn't dodge training remotes in ANH without the guidance, and the same applied to making the shot that blew up the death star when Obi-wan once again guided him to use the force.​

Poe is obviously force sensitive....the question is whether he will eventually take that path after episode IX or like Leia, decide to help re-build the damaged galaxy after the war is over."​

In all truth the first timeS (plural) I watched TFA I didn't get the feeling he may be force sensive.
    I believed the Takodana scene - where of course he does some crazy things not even Anakin ever did - was jut a cool scene
    they decided to do like to use the improvement in visual effects.
    In short, I thought the scene was meant to be "special" not the character himself.

But... later on I've found that excertp from Poe's Flight Log, that about the podracer and the force tree getting singed (see the imagine)
    and that honestly caught my attention. Because the very weird things is not just the podracer per se, or the force tree per se.
    But that all that excerpt is full of references to both Anakin and Luke

[​IMG]

Beside being able to (almost) pilot a pod-racer (almost like Anakin), he was a farm boy,
    just like Luke, and just like Luke he had "to finish his chores first", if you remeber what uncle Owen said to Luke in ep. IV.
    In addition, Poe says of himself he has not petience, just like Anakin and Luke.
    People say he is the best pilot in the galaxy, just like they did about Anakn and Luke.
    And he blew up something (the SK base) just like Anakin did in ep I and Luke in IV.

The Force Tree is interesting per se, but the main thing for me, is that if the rumor about a Force Tree burning in ep. VIII
    will turn out to be true, then the passage about the Demeron's tree getting singed, it's even more interesting.
    That will be in fact, another "reference" to Luke. Or to say it better even more than it already is.

That's why - honestly - I keep on taking notes of all those things coming from the comics etc..
    The last one, I posted in the other thread is again a specific reference to Luke.
    Because turning off the comms to focus it's exactly what Luke did in IV.

With all of this being said, I'm not sure the story group is working to make him a force sensitive, or to build up a blood connection.
    I really think we cannot say that.

But I also think... it might be.

I think this may be one of the things they've changed or came up to along the way.
    And that's why most of them are coming - suspiciously more and more frequently - from other canon sources.

That is what I find really interesting.
    Because if so, as French people say "chapeau" to them.
    That's a great way to use the rest of the canon.
    I'd be pleased to find out that's how they work.

And it's even more funny because, beside the Takoda scene, TFA may offer other details that in retrospect
    may add points to all of this.

If you watch again the meeting scene with Finn, taking into account all of this, what if he knew that Finn was looking for a pilot just because
    he somehow "read" Finn's mind as much as Leia does here and there.

Anticipating the objection... Kylo: Rebels already showed that even the Jedi were trained to resist mind probes.
    It's Rey that is particulary gifted.

However, meanwhile I keep on taking notes.
    Let's see...

panki and Wildcatbarry like this.