main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solo-Skywalker, Dec 19, 2015.

1. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The interviewer is annoying as heck..

3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    That interview was the best promotion of Rian as a director of the movie I've seen lately. Interviewer's questioning skills aside, the detailed answers Laura Dern and Oscar Isaac gave were quite amazing. These are the descriptions of the movie I'm looking for!

4. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    Revanfan1, Knessa84 and oncafar like this.
  5. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I wonder if this is Poe's challenge. Everything was going so well for him in TFA. But at the beginning of TLJ perhaps he loses his pilots in part due to not listening to Leia and that is why she slaps him. Poe from TFA seems to like to keep the team of pilots together and may have been really successful thus far in not losing very many of them. It would really crush him to be in a losing situation in which he loses those he is responsible for.

It's kind of like he's been "invincible" for so long and now it's all gone to crap. And the FO it seems has firepower beyond what they realized (from the trailer in which an entire ship is blown up with one shot, and the fire out Paige's window in that shot of her + the look on her face).

VanLiz and IrisBest like this.
  6. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    Yeah I'm thinking something like Leia gives Poe an order to pull back/retreat and he decides to be reckless instead, maybe thinking he's got the situation under control, and it costs him. Going along with the quotes we've had about Leia trying to "temper his heroic impulses with wisdom".

MattOrgana and oncafar like this.
  7. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

Mutiny confirmed.
    Leia demotes Poe. Probably with a slap.
    Poe sends Finn and Rose on a mission to "thwart the FO's hyperspace tracker".
    Holdo is hiding something.

11-4D, Doom_Buggy, MattOrgana and 4 others like this.
  8. Gambit00

Gambit00 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2014
    So people have been wanting to know about Poe's necklace. The visual guide says it's his late mother's wedding ring and that he's waiting to share it with the right person someday. Are they trying to foreshadow romance in Poe's future? It just seems like an odd thing to put in there...

9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "Right Partner Someday." Poe and Rey?

Poe is FS?

10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "Right Partner Someday." Poe and Rey?

Poe is FS?

EDIT:
    Mods - I only hit the post button once , I am not sure what happened.

11. Gambit00

Gambit00 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2014
    Who knows but they do make a point to mention below that, that he hasn’t been properly introduced to Rey yet.

12. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Ok...they can't tease us by saying Poe wears a ring necklace that he hopes to give to a partner some day, and then not have him ever do it, or kill him off entirely (which I fear will happen).

Poe + Finn please (even though Finn has shown no romantic interest at all and seems totally obsessed with Rey.

Hopeless likes this.
  13. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I thought John Boyega debunked a Finn and Poe romance ages back....also, the comics did hint Poe is into women (he could always be bi)...and since Holdo is already a confirmed LGBT character, I doubt they're going to pigeonhole two LGBT characters in the same story arc to confront one another.

Depending on how the story goes, my bet is on Rey or Jessika Pava (who seems to have gone elsewhere on a separate mission) but has an obvious crush on Poe in the comics.

On a separate note, the moment Poe switched off his comm "to focus" so he could fly fly through a cave-in which he should not have survived under normal circumstances in Poe Dameron #21, any doubts I had regarding his force sensitivity went away.

mlsw and Doom_Buggy like this.
  14. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Nice that Poe stitched up Finn’s jacket while he was hurt.

15. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
  16. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    Well they did say "right partner", not "right woman", so even though I think stormpilot is a no-go (KK already debunked it in an interview) maybe they will make Poe gay or at least bi-sexual?

I would be impressed if Star Wars actually got some sort of real lgbtq+ representation on the big screen. I'm sure it would mean a lot to lgbqt+ kids to see a main hero in a Star Wars movie that they could identify with in that way.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  17. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I'm really hoping Rey and Poe meet. Hopefully the VD is hinting that they finally do , perhaps during the thick of battle on Crait. It'd be a waste for them not to meet.

I cant help but think Rey and Poe would have so much in common. We don't know what their chemistry would look like yet, but knowing the characters and actors, I think they'll play off each other very well.

panki likes this.
  18. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I was listening to Oscar Isaac's TLJ interview where the Collider guy asked him to address being a potentially LGBT character and to confirm or deny it (not romance but specifically being LGBT). This is his reply:

Well what it means to me is that people can see themselves in a hero like this in a movie like this which I love...not only LGBT but Latinos.. you know that there's a representation for that. As to actually seeing what how that manifests itself in Poe in this film.. that isn't going to necessarily be a clear story point in this one but as an actor in a ...for me, I'm very open to those possible storylines and I don't think it needs to be nailed down in any kind of traditional way.

There are three things he is talking about here- (1) the importance of representation in general for people, (2) whether Poe is an LGBT characters and (3) lastly his views as an actor on LGBT related storylines.

He makes it clear that Poe being LGBT does not manifest as a story point in the film. However, I found it interesting that he never denies that Poe has a romance (also reiterated by his Mom's ring on a chain that appears front and center in all his poster images). However, as an actor he is obviously open to those storylines.

Doom_Buggy likes this.
  19. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    I said this before, I can only speak for myself and I'll start saying that there must be many
    that genuinely saw a sexual attraction between Poe and Finn.

But I saw a bromance and because of that I think it would be an error to turn the charcters gender ex-post.

That because I believe that the Finn-Poe are gay... was - at least in part - an homophobic reaction more than an open minded reaction.

Some people saw two handsome young men sharing a hug - in absurd circumstances that deserved a hug...
    I mean they met how they met, one saved the life of the other, they believed the other to be dead... an hug
    it's the most obvious thing one may expect... but not: they must gay. Why?
    That to me, is homophobic. Because you don't have to be a macho to be heterosexual.

So, please guys... hug your best friends, without thinking about what people may t
    hink about you. That's the kind of thing I'd wish people may percive. Honestly.
    But I won't be shocked or disappointed if they're going to make at least Poe gay,
    even if it's only because now many of us ask for gay romance.
    I'm fine with that as well. But, that's my doubt. Something to think about as well - IMO -
    just because we can have the same result - representation - with other characters and without not even that doubt.

That said.. the ring.

Again I said this before when we were speculating about it.
    I believed it to be Shara's ring.
    And I've also said... or it's something put there just to make the character more "real"
    in fact there are other items of this sort of other characters or it's not important.
    It's just a nice thing to let us empathize with them. Or it is important, in this case.
    And I believe it is.

First because that the notion that Shara is already dead is something they've decided long before.
    And you don't kill with no reason a character.
    It's because you want to use it.

So is the info that he wants to give the ring to his partner. It's something you put in, because
    you're going to use it.

20. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    If nothing is clear about Poe in TLJ, then I hope JJ decides to make it clear in Episode IX. I just really, really want someone in Star Wars to be clearly gay or bi just to help show people (older people who may still have feelings of disapproval...AND kids who are still young and their worlds are being shaped) that this is a totally normal thing in the world, and it's fine, and it should be accepted and life should carry on as normal.

I'd rather it be Poe than Admiral Holdo because I feel like male/male relationships are still less accepted than female/female. It's a generalization, but there might be some truth to it.

21. MrElculver2424

May 11, 2014
    If Poe is to ever have a male partner, it looks like it'll have to be a new character because there's really no one in the main cast right now. Either that or they can do a 180 on Finn.

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014

Oscar reveals that Poe didn't originate his "we are the spark" line. So he's quoting someone who came up with it.

Doom_Buggy likes this.
  23. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    poe is into leia?????

(saw people saying this in finnrey thread)

i'm really curious!

24. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    They had to be aware what they were doing when Finn was leaking onto Poe

25. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Really enjoyed Poe's character arc in TLJ. TFA did a good job introducing him to the point where i wanted to see more; TLJ did a great job in developing the character and giving him lots of personality.

Yora likes this.