main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solo-Skywalker, Dec 19, 2015.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Well I can't wait to see more of Mr. Bro.

2. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Preach.

3. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    He iss a great character, and was clearly underused in TFA. Let's hope the next film will give him more screen time, as he really deserves it.

4. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    It probably won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Poe getting the chance to use a lightsaber. With him being such an amazing pilot and surprising Kylo Ren with his resistance to torture and interrogation, maybe he has some force ability? Probably not, or he would have been noticed earlier by Luke and Leia. Since he is a similar age and would have probably grown up knowing Leia, I wonder if he knew Ben before he turned?

Darkspellmaster and Sarge like this.
  5. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Hopefully he gets more screentime in the next one. I have to admit that other thread has opened me up to the idea of Gay Bro Poe. :p

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Regardless of the relationship be it bro or romantic. I am a complete supporter of Pinn. Thanks for the clever name for them Esperanza_Nueva

7. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I think we might have seen a brief interaction between Poe and Wedge at the Resistance Base, had Denis Lawson not declined an offer to have a small role in TFA.

I think Poe is a cross between Wedge, Han and Obi-Wan. He's got Wedge's piloting skills and looks to the ace of the ST, he's got Han's good-looks and sense of humor and Obi-Wan's good-guy nature. I think he's fantastic.

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Agree

As I've stated many times I believe they have taken attributes of the OT Big 3 and mix-matched them to the new big 3.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    He should have his own main-plot running through Episode VIII while Rey, Finn, and Ren have their thing going on. Kind of like how Obi-wan was off doing his own stuff away from Anakin and Padme (till the end) in AOTC, and how Luke was doing his own stuff separate from Han, Leia, and Lando in ESB.

10. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014

I agree he appears to be a character which has the bravado to carry out any mission; I do wonder though if he continues down the intelligence/secret mission angle or continues to take a more commanding officer role - I hope it's a mix of both.

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  11. SaintKenobi1322

Jul 17, 2013
    If Finn doesn't follow the Jedi path, I could see him teaming with Poe on the military angle of the film and leading the non-Jedi secondary plot line, as Han/Leia did in ESB and ROTJ. It will be interesting to see if Chewie joins them (and BB-8) or sticks with Rey, Luke and R2.

Darkspellmaster and Jedi_Lantern like this.
  12. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014

I see exactly what your saying and I agree with those two angle we may have the (Rey, Luke, Kylo and Snoke with a little Leia angle) then the (Finn, Poe, BB-8 and Chewbacca angle) and having those two major arcs meshing throughout the next two movies; Although I do wonder how having the new "Big 3" have enough screen time together to allow a well done exposition of narrative continuity moving forward.

13. thephillieflyer

thephillieflyer Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    One character I always wanted to see more of. The thing that stinks is that Wedge had so many good stories in the EU and now none of them mean anything and he seems to have fallen off of the face of the Earth in VII

Sarge likes this.
  14. SaintKenobi1322

Jul 17, 2013
    That was Denis Lawson's choice. Disappoints me too.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Poe and Finn go on their own mission (which includes the new female lead). I'd love an almost buddy cop dynamic with Poe and Finn.

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Loved Poe. I expected to basically because Oscar Isaac is the stuff and is amazing. We definitely need more Poe going forward and I would love some direct interaction between him and Rey at some point. Not necessarily a romance tho I don't know if I would object if they went that way. :D Finn and Poe = bro's for LIFE. (Hopefully those lives are long lol)

17. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

I don't think I'd mind him and Finn both liking the new female lead when they meet her on a side mission. Or if Poe is gay (as some have speculated) Finn could see him as competition and Poe could merely respond "wrong gender, bro".

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

I forgot there will be another main lady in the mix... that could make for some humorous moments amongst them if they are off on their own.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I superficially wish to rescind my initial dislike of Commander Dameron. He really does have THE best hair in the entire saga (sorry Chewie) with that tiny bit of cowlick ahhh nd yep Pinn bro 100%. Episodes 10 - 13 can just be Pinn running around with BB-8 blowing up stuff and exchanging quips as long as they keep that cowlick :)

AmySolo, Darkspellmaster and Force22 like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    What I'd like to see: the interrogation by Kylo awakens Poe's latent Force sensitivity, leading to him going off to be trained by Luke along with Rey and Finn, and the young trio develop a 3 Musketeers style lifelong friendship.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  21. Lord_Wolfwood

Lord_Wolfwood Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2014
    I just want there to be a plot point that has Finn and Poe setting off on an adventure/mission and give us plenty of screen time together. They had two brief scenes in TFA that showed amazing chemistry between Isaac and Boyega

22. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I love Poe, and I love Oscar's portrayal. I was disappointed we didn't get very much of him in Episode 7 - I was hoping for a little more character development. Hopefully that will come in Episode VIII.

I did enjoy the extra bits with Poe in the TFA novelization. Especially the nsight into how he came to be the one to go on the mission for the missing piece of map. Leia wanted to go herself, but the Resistance was abhorred by that idea, so she personally selected Poe and went up for bat for him against the others because initially they didn't think he was experienced enough.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  23. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Oscar Isaac has such an amazing screen presence. In the beginning scene of the movie, he reminded me so much of a young Luke. Imo he might be a powerful user in the next two films--wasn't there a rumor that the lead character wouldn't be super prominent in the first movie?

laurethiel1138 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  24. JorakUln

JorakUln Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2005
    He's the most unflinchingly positive character in TFA. I think as the story gets significantly darker in VIII audiences will be clinging to him for some brightness/hope as everything else goes to ****.

25. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    That could be possible, we know he is not afraid of Kylo Ren; especially after his scenes with him; his story arc seems to be one which needs to be explored more especially since their is zero doubt of his origins; I would like to hear exactly how General Organa who's his "idol" was about to have him join the Resistance and leave the New Republic because his defection was a coup for sure - best fighter pilot in he galaxy, Commander of the Starfighter Corps.

Darkspellmaster and JorakUln like this.