main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Oscars

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LeiaTygre, Feb 29, 2004.

1. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    And the Oscar for best picture goes to..... "The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King"

Yea!!!!! Go Peter Jackson and all sci-fi/fantasy fandom!!!

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Man, LotR cleaned up at the Oscars!! How many did it have....11?? Good for Peter Jackson!

3. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Yep, 11; it won every Oscar it was nominated for.

4. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Dang. That just rocks. I really liked RotK, too. Wasn't so crazy about the first one, but the third one was awesome and I'm glad that it took home everything it was nominated for.

5. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Thanks for posting this, LeiaTygre. ;)

Wow! What a night at the Academy Awards! YES, ELEVEN golden statues for "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King." It did indeed sweep every category that it was nominated in. Eleven ties the record for most awards in a single year with Ben Hur and Titanic. ROTK did set a new record for most Academy Awards in a clean sweep. The previous record was nine set by "Gigi" and "The Last Emperor." Return of the King is also the only fantasy film in history to win Best Picture.

What a fitting honor to Peter Jackson and to all of his crew of thousands. These eleven oscars not only pay tribute to "Return of the King," but to the entire trilogy. At last, these epic masterpieces have cemented their place in history as three of the best films of all time! :cool:

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Am I the only one who noticed this happened on Leap Year? We can't even celebrate the anniversaries! [face_laugh]

I wish Keisha Castle-Hughes had won . . . would have been an even bigger sweep for NZ, LOL!

Dana

7. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    this happened on Leap Year? We can't even celebrate the anniversaries!

You're right!! [face_laugh]