Beyond Oskio Preskania Fracio- K/J, J/T, J/TK, OC/OC- COMPLETED: March 28, 2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Jul 4, 2003.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Disclaimer: I don't own the Star Wars characters, please do not sue me. I do however lay claim to my original characters.

Author's Notes: The last thing I needed to do was start another story, but I've been wanting to do this for a bit now. So this is my break story. When I need a break from some of my more intense fics, such as Insanity and the rest of the Depths of the Heart stories, I will work on this. I hope everyone enjoys this one.

~~
    Soontir Fel practically roared as he felt the ice cold water dumped on top of his head. It took a moment to shake the water from his light brown hair before he turned flashing green eyes to the culprit responsible. "And what was that for?" he growled to the only woman that could wrangle that sort of reaction from him.

"You were concentrating too much," Padme Durron said with a sly grin reminiscent of her father's. While the beautiful woman was the spitting image of her mother in the face, she had her father's mischievous nature, smile and hair.

"So that gives you the right to pour ice cold water onto my head?" Soontir asked rising. Padme began to step backwards as he advanced on her.

"Oh I think I have quite a few rights where you are concerned," Padme said with a giggle.

"That so?" Soontir questioned. Without warning he took off after her. With a squeal and a laugh, Padme ran from the courtyard where they had been and out onto the grass that surrounded the lake retreat that was her family's home.

Padme laughed harder as Soontir caught her and the two whirled around, finding themselves on the ground. Soontir smiled down at her as he leaned up on an elbow, reaching out his fingers to gently brush her hair from her cheeks. Padme watched him, blinking brown eyes at him.

"You are so beautiful," Soontir said softly.

Padme smiled. "I love you," she said softly.

Soontir leaned down and brushed her lips. "Good thing you are marrying me then huh?" he asked with a sly grin.

"Mmm," Padme said then smiled. "Mama and Aunt Tahiri are having a lot of fun planning our wedding."

"Mom made mention that she and Dad never got a proper wedding due to the aftermath of the war," Soontir said. "So she wants our wedding to be spectacular."

"It will be," Padme said, stroking his cheeks. "Zeth is still waiting to see if you are going to ask him to be your best man or if you are going to ask Valin."

Soontir raised his eyebrow. "Well, have you asked Cassa or are you going to ask Teneniel?" he asked.

Padme grimaced. "Good point," she murmured. Zeth Durron was one of her older brothers by three years. He had an identical twin named Blaine. Soontir, Zeth and Blaine were the best of friends, had been since they were babies together, and Soontir had to choose who he was going to have as his best man. Blaine had stepped back, not even sure if he was going to be able to attend his sister's wedding due to his responsibilities to Twin Suns Squadron.

In Padme's case, she had to choose between her best friend and her cousin. Cassa Fel was her best friend by far. They were the same age and had grown up together, often being the only ones to support each other from their older brothers, at least till their younger siblings came along and were able to divert some of the older boys attentions. Teneniel Solo was Padme's Uncle Jacen and Aunt Tenel Ka's daughter, and the heiress to the Hapan Throne. She was not the oldest girl, but her older sister , T'cha's, was very much her mother's daughter. She was a true Dathomir warrior and had been since she was young. Teneniel was more like her grandmother, Leia Organa-Solo, she was a diplomat and took pleasure in the idea of being the future queen. Padme wasn't sure which of the two girls she wanted to stand beside her when she married Soontir.

"You know, we do still have some time before we have to make that decision," Soontir said, breaking into her thoughts.

Padme smiled. "I know," she said. Soontir leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips, lingering there as long as he could.

"Soontir! Padme!" Tryst Fel called. "Mom and Aunt Jaina said it's t
  2. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay, first response! :)

Woohoo, the Fels and the Durrons are going to be united through marriage! :D

On a serious note, what's coming soon? Tell us!

MORE! :p
  3. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! I'm glad you liked it Mike! But I can't tell you what's coming. If I tell you. I'd have to kill you. :D

~~Jilly
  4. JediMasterJaina FF President/CR Evansville, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This is an interesting start. The names kinda threw me for a second, lol. But I like the fic so far! Let me know when you update on this. I'm quite curious as to what Tahiri is referring to and what the title means....

~JMJ
  5. Amithyst_Blade Jedi Master

star 4
    JainaDurron

First thought-- Soontier (old one) with Padme Naberrie... ewwwwwwww....

Second thought-- OH! Their offsprings of other people...

Third thought-- Excuse me??? Jag and Tahiri? Uh no...!

Fourth thought-- oh no.. "It's coming".. I have a bad feeling about this...

Last and final thought-- MORE POSTIE! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Sey the Heartbreaker ;)
  6. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    JediMasterJaina: I'm glad you like it! And yeah I figured the names would throw people off at first, but it gets them reading. :) I'll let you know when I update again.

Amithyst_Blade:

First thought-- Soontier (old one) with Padme Naberrie... ewwwwwwww....
    LOL! Yeah I can see why you'd think that.

Second thought-- OH! Their offsprings of other people... :D

Third thought-- Excuse me??? Jag and Tahiri? Uh no...!
    Ya know, that's the same reaction I got the first time I ever paired them off in Pain and I got people to really like it. :D Actually writing Jag/Tahiri comes really natural for some reason just as Kyp/Jaina does, so I suppose that's why I put them together so much in my fics now cause I know I can easily write the banter and relationship between them. Plus it's fun.

Fourth thought-- oh no.. "It's coming".. I have a bad feeling about this... You should. [face_devil]

Last and final thought-- MORE POSTIE! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! LOL! I will post more as soon as I can.

~~Jilly

7. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohhhh this is good. Don't let it get too depressing though! ;)

I thought it was the older Soontir too. You had me going there for a moment! I liek Soontir. But Blain sounds interesting. Don't know why. Are we going to see something of him in the story too?
  8. duskwings Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I thought it was the older Soontir too . . . although once they started chasing after each other I decided that I was definitely wrong. ;) Very interesting start . . . is this sort of like a far-future fic set after Pain and Insanity, or is this another universe where Jag and Tahiri love each other, Kyp and Jaina love each other, and Jacen and Tenel Ka love each other?

Well, either way, the beginning was very fun. :) :D It's definitely not the Kyp-torture thread (yet ;))

I like!

-duskwings
  9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, would this be the sequel to Insanity, perhaps? Or is it totally seperate that just has all the same pairings amongst the adults?

Anyways, I liked the beginning. As soon as it said Padme Durron, I knew that couldn't be the Baron. :D This should be fun. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

AB- I swear, if you read Pain and Insanity, you'll like the idea of Jag and Tahiri, too. I was adamently opposed to it at first, but I've changed my mind. :D (but only when JD writes it :D )
  10. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
  11. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Elfsheen: Probably. :D You'll see a bit of all the Durron, Fel and Solo children, but the story is more about Soontir and Padme.

duskwings: Actually this is the story idea I came up with that put Jag and Tahiri together that sorta spilled over into Pain and Insanity and the rest of that series. So this is a totally different ball of wax to that series.

JJD: See duskwings response. And thank you! :D I'm one of the only people, if not the only person that does Jag/Tahiri so that isn't too hard for me to be writing it. But I appreciate the sentiment anyways.

Mike: Thanks for the bump! :)

~~Jilly
  12. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay I thought I should add this. It's a list of all the children of the three couples that are going to be in this story mentioned at least. So it igves you an idea of names, ages and gender. And yes all the families are big, and the reasons for names will be explained in the story itself.

~~

Kyp and Jaina Durron's children:

Zeth and Blaine Durron (identical twin boys)- 24
    Padme Durron (girl)- 21
    Caleb Durron (boy)- 19
    Krista Durron (girl)- 17
    Damon Durron (boy)- 13
    Atricia Durron (girl)- 8
    Sola Durron (girl)- 2

Jag and Tahiri Fel's children:

Soontir Fel (boy)- 24
    Mikeal Fel (boy)- 22
    Cassa Fel (girl)- 21
    Tryst Fel (boy)- 17
    Cherith Fel (girl)- 13
    Bridget Fel (girl)- 11
    Unborn child

Jacen and Tenel Ka Solo's children:

T'cha's Solo (girl)- 23
    Teneniel Solo (girl)-21
    Prescon Solo (boy)- 18
    Lawson Solo (boy)- 12
    Ridge Solo (boy)- 5
    Qui-Gon Solo (boy)- 3

Zekk and Danni Quee's children:

Miranda Quee (girl)- 20
    Markus Quee (boy)- 18
    Elicia and Jakob Quee (girl and boy)- 7

13. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wowho talk about being busy. The avarage couple has at least five children [face_shocked] Poor woman...
  15. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I think the Fels, Durrons and Solos thought they were rabbits. :D

~~Jilly
  16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wowho talk about being busy. LOL! That was exactly what I was going to say! [face_laugh]

rabbits! LOL!

Up!
  17. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't want to say it, but rabbits came to mind indeed.

What the h***were they thinking? I almost want to introduce them to birthcontrol ;)
  18. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy mother of the Force the families are big!!!!!!!! :)

I know someone mentioned rabbits and I was laughing so hard but it's soooo true!!! :) Hehehehe.....

I wonder who this person in the grave yard is.....has something to do with Tahiri...could it be Anakin? Or something?
    I'm always off when I try to guess stuff so I'll just stop now... ;)

More soon!!
  19. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay this post has some foreshadowing in it, and it's also the post before the action begins, which you'll understand when I post again. :D. Enjoy!

~~

Jaina Solo-Durron peeked her head into Tahiri and Jag's room after knocking. She noticed the couple curled against one another on the bed. A light blanket was draped over Tahiri as she slept snuggled against her husband. Jag's eyes had been on her as he gently rubbed her arm. He glanced up at Jaina as she walked in.

"Hey," Jaina said with a soft smile.

"Hey," Jag returned.

"Everything okay?" Jaina asked quietly as she walked over.

"Padme was by the grave again," Jag said. "Tahiri saw her."

Jaina bit her lip and sighed. "The time is coming so soon," Jaina murmured. "I've been tempted to keep Padme occupied when it happens, but if I do that things would change."

"The future affects the past," Jag murmured. He sighed and looked at Tahiri. "I just can't stand seeing her in pain. Especially knowing there is nothing she or I can do to stop it."

Jaina felt her husband's presence before Kyp Durron walked into the room after a soft knock on the door. Despite being in his sixties, Kyp's appearance was still youthful despite the fact that when he and Jaina had married he had looked older. Jag said that marriage and fatherhood had given him a more youthful appearance because it allowed him to be a kid again and live life without the guilt of past mistakes. Jaina had confided in Jag that her husband's past would always haunt him, but the moment he had held Zeth than Blaine in his arms after their birth that his outlook on life had changed a great deal.

"Tahiri okay?" Kyp asked softly, his arms coming around Jaina, cradling her to him.

"Padme was by the grave again," Jaina said sadly. Kyp frowned.

"How can we face it again?" Tahiri asked softly from where she lay. Jag looked down concerned, not realizing she had been awake. "How can we face our child's death again?"

Jag pressed a kiss to her hair. "We've always known it would happen," he murmured.

"It doesn't make it easier," Tahiri said, wiping the tears away. "The day he was born was supposed to be the happiest day of our lives, but we were too sad because we knew what the future held for him."

"We got through it then, we'll get through it now," Jag said. Kyp tightened his hold on Jaina as Tahiri began to sob.

~~

Padme walked into the dining room and frowned, glancing around. "Where's Mama and Daddy?" she asked her younger brother, Damon.

Damon looked up from where he was feeding the youngest Durron child, Sola. Sola was trying to reach for the ceiling, not bothering to heed to her brother wanting to feed her. The two year old was too busy with other things. "Aunt Tahiri wasn't feeling well, I guess," he said. "So they went up to see how she was."

"Is the baby making her sick?" Padme asked with a frown. She took a napkin and wiped Sola's mouth, the little girl grinning up at her, and lifting her pudgy arms.

"I don't know, Mom and Dad didn't say," Damon said. The thirteen year old stood and pushed his chair in. "I hope we get to spend some time with them though, Krista, Tryst, Cherith and I have to head back to the Jedi academy in a couple days." Krista was Padme's 17 year old sister. Cherith was Damon's age, and her brother Tryst was the same age as Krista. Padme smiled thinking of them all. Cherith had a crush on Damon, seeming to follow in the foot steps of her brother being in love with Padme. Krista and Tryst were the best of friends, but Padme wouldn't be surprised if they were more than just friends.

"I'm sure we'll spend time with them," Padme said. "Aunt Tahiri and Uncle Jag wouldn't want to not spend time with Tryst and Cherith. There are so few times when they can spend any time with them since they don't get to visit that often." She lifted Sola into her arms and nuzzled against her dark hair.

"Aunt Tahiri and Uncle Jag are going to join us in a minute," Jaina said as she walked into the dining room. She smiled at her e
  20. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post. Though I am a tad confused. :)

EDIT: Never mind. I'm not confused anymore. The light in the attic just came on.
  21. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so royally confused. I have a few of the pieces but am still missing the center of the puzzle!

It's like Soontir is already destined to die or something? Or there was a son before him? But why would they have to face his death again? Unless some sort of time travel is going on?? Why do they have to keep Padme occupied? How did Kyp find Padme and...

Agggggggh, I am so confused!! And they all have so many kids!

This is a great fic -- I love the ones that keep on the edge of my seat! But it's still confusing the heck out of me at 1 am! ;)

Edit: And 1 am is making me forget too many things!

More more more!

-Mia
  22. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    C3SoloPO: Hehe

Mike:LOL! Light is bright isn't it?

Mia:I am so royally confused. My work here is done! :D

~~Jilly
  23. duskwings Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think I might get it . . . sort of. OK, not really. I think I'm missing something. I think that one of Tahiri's children died very young, and that the older people are getting premonitions that Padmé's first child is going to die very young . . . but I don't really know, I'm sort of making random shots in the dark. Or maybe it's some sort of plague or genetic illness . . . nah, I don't think so.

I think I'm just confused. :confused:

But either way, good post! :D The foreshadowing was confusing enough that we can't see the future until it actually comes, but once it happens, it'll probably make perfect sense. I hope. ;)

-duskwings
  24. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay...confusion gallore here...

Can someone please explain to my small brain what exactly the following means :

"I thought it was you. Then finding out it wasn't, then the shock of being told that it was our daughter, and you were practically engaged to Jag at the time."

"That definitely put a permanent hold on our relationship," Jaina said. She smiled. "But I'm glad. Though it was surprising when Soontir came and he was Jag and Tahiri's son. I don't know who was more shocked of the two."

I don't really get it..does this mean that Padme was born and Kyp didn't know it was his daughter and Jaina was engaged to Jag?
    And what the deal about Soontir?
    Mesa confused!!
    Sorry about that...I love the story though!! :)

25. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    duskwings: Hehe. :D

C3SoloPO: Things will start to make more sense with the next post. :D

~~Jilly
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade