main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Oskio Preskania Fracio- K/J, J/T, J/TK, OC/OC- COMPLETED: March 28, 2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
  2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks for the ups, Ireth. :)

~~Jilly

3. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    This is my job... :p So,UP!! ;)

4. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    I will try and psot the last part tomorrow night before I head to New York.

~~Jilly

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Last post tomorrow? Ah, well. This has been one hell of a story, so up you go!

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    up! can't wait to see what you do with the last post, Jilly :)

7. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    I'm aching to read that last post... :)

8. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
  9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Well everyone, here it is, the final post. It's been one heck of a ride, thanks for taking it with me. :) I am thinking of submitting this to the archive, what do ya'll think?

~~

EPILOGUE

1 Year Later:

Sunlight illuminated the crystal wind chimes that hung in the floor length glass doors. The chimes blew gently in the breeze, intermingling with the sheer curtains. Padmè turned when she heard the soft cooing of her daughter. A smile graced her features and she walked over to the crib, glancing in at the tiny figure. Syal waved her hands at her mother before a yawn stretched her tiny mouth into an O.

"She looks like her father," a deep voice said from the doorway.

Padmè glanced up into the green eyes of Valin Horn. Since her return from the past, Valin had rekindled their friendship from their childhood. A smile formed again. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Tekli mentioned that Syal had a small virus a few days ago, came to see how you two were doing," Valin said moving closer to her.

"She's getting better," Padmè mentioned. She lifted the baby into her arms.

Valin moved closer to her, his hand touching her shoulder as he looked down at the baby. "She really does look like Soontir," he said.

Padmè nodded. "She does."

Valin glanced at her sideways. He raised his eyebrow. "How are you, Padmè?" When they were teenagers, Valin had a small crush on Padmè, but it had passed almost as quickly as it had surfaced. At the academy, they had been very close friends, even though the Fels, Durrons, Solos and Quees had always been a tight knit group. They had welcomed the Horn children into their fold despite the age differences between them. Valin was almost ten years older than Padmè, but she had always managed to bring Valin's true nature out despite the shy and reserved boy he had grown up as.

Padmè glanced up at him and gave him a bit of a smile. "I'm okay, Valin. I really am." She gave a small shrug. "I miss him. Especially while I was pregnant with Syal. But I'm always going to miss him. I loved him with everything I had and for so long."

"He'd be proud of you, you know," Valin commented. His hand began unconsciously rubbing her back soothingly. He could sense through the Force that this wasn't easy for her to talk about, but he wanted her to remain calm so that she wouldn't upset Syal as well. Valin could never handle seeing one of his closest friends in pain either. Having seen her after hearing of Soontir's death had been enough to make him sob to the Gods demanding to know why they had stolen such a man and leave Padmè alone. He had made it his effort, along with his fiancée and siblings, to keep Padmè from falling into despair. Her family had surrounded her as well, and with the added support of the Horns, Padmè was never want for a loving embrace.

Padmè ran a finger down her daughter's cheek. She smiled widely and looked up at Valin. "I know. And he's with me every day. Syal will know who her father was. And the sacrifice he made was for her future."

"Soontir is watching over you," Valin said.

"Always and forever." Padmè had a wistful smile. "Even death can't keep us apart."

"So it was true," Valin said.

Padmè nodded. "Oskio preskania fracio. Love will conquer."

~~

Jag leaned against the doorway, watching his wife as she held their son close. Every time he looked at Soontir, he saw the future clear as could be. He often wondered how life would be if Soontir hadn't sacrificed himself for everything Jag, himself, now held dear.

"You are thinking too much," Tahiri said softly. She turned to him, a gentle smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"Don't I always?" Jag asked softly as he moved over to her.

"I can't believe he's finally here," Tahiri said, her eyes drifting down to the bundle in her arms. She stroked his cheek. "He's so tiny."

Jag slipped behind her, his arm coming around her waist as he leaned his chin on her shoulder. "It's so real now," he said softly. His finger came out to touch t

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Beautiful. All of it.

I'm going to have to collect my thoughts before I can really come up with a reaction to the story as a whole but for now i hope this will suffice: That was lovely in every way; one of my favorites I've ever read here on the boards.

11. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    That was beautiful! It's sad that it's over....or is it???

~*Whisper*~

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    First, my answer to whether or not this should go into the archive.

Submit it, now.

Next up. That was ungodly in its beauty. I feel quite sorry for Tahiri and Jag, but also happy for them.

13. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    JD at the begining of this none of us knew directly where you were going to lead us. Now that it's over I can safely say that you lead us on a most incredable journey. You wrote characters that all of us could identify with in some way. The way you wrote this always left us wanting more. We couldn't have asked for a better fic. It was great!

Fireyforce

14. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Thanks for the PM.

That was beautiful and bittersweet. For about a second though, I thought you were going to leave the door open for Valin and Padme. But I believe Soontir is looking over his ladies. :)

The scene with Jag and Tahiri was especially touching. I love how they used the line 'Love will conquer.'

I'm gonna miss this story.

Oooh, I vote you do submit this to the archives.

15. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    That was such a perfect but still sad resolution to the story. Very true to life and beatifully written. Great job hun.

Anna

16. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Sweet final post. :)

Final? You mean it's over? :_|

But now you can work on the Depths of the Heart series. :D

17. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow. Amazing story. Thank you!

JediFarfy

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    :_| so beautiful :) Great post, Jilly. Really good ending, glad to see that Valin's going to look after padme'... in whatever capacity ;) Good seen with Jag and Tahiri holding their son and knowing he's going to die :_|

This has been a really original and interesting story to read, I'm a little sad to see it all over :( but It was also a lot of fun to read, you should be proud :)

I hope you do submit this to the archives. Good luck :D

19. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    "You are thinking too much," Tahiri said softly. She turned to him, a gentle smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"Don't I always?" Jag asked softly as he moved over to her.

Wow, that made me love Jag. [face_shocked] I know, I know, more things I thought I'd never say.

This was a great way to end my weekend. It was my birthday Thursday, but then I got sick straight through the weekend... hopefully I'll be all better for my test tomorrow... and I come online and see this. Thanks for the PM, btw. This was the perfect pick-me-up.

Submit the story! Definitely submit. It's absolutely beautiful.

...:_| but it's over...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...

-Saber

20. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    I can't believe it's over... :( :_|

Beautiful story,JD, really beautiful... :D I loved it all :)

Submit it now!!! ;)

Thanks for the PM :)

21. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    IT'S OVER!? :_|

Beautiful ending! (Yeah for J/T!) It was nice that you brought Valin in too.

22. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    lovely, absolutely lovely...

You could maybe write a sequel, please.. I would really like to read what happens to the guys after this... *pleading* I don't want it to be over..

23. TahiriSolo77

TahiriSolo77 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2003
    WAAAAAA!!! That was so sad! And it's over! I hate it when things end.
    As for submiting it, don't hesitate. This is one of the best stories i've ever read.
    This was great! You do good work. :)
    ~~TS77

24. JainaSolo-16

JainaSolo-16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Hello,

That was a BEAUTIFUL ending to an a WONDERFUL story.

The ending was perfect. I love how you showed where Padme is a year later. I love how Padme at least has a small part of Soontir with her. And I think Soontir would definatly be watching over his girls.

I also think it was PERFECT how you ended it with Tahiri, Jag, and baby Soontir. That was a lovly seene and it was a wonderful way to end this even more beautiful story.

This was an amazing story. I look forward to more of your writing.

~JainaSolo-16~

25. AliaSoloDurron

AliaSoloDurron Jedi Master

Feb 9, 2004
    That was beautiful. Really sweet ending.

Ali